List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Duty of care goes both ways. Trac also had a duty of care to himself and shouldn't have gone back on

It would on some level be an ambit claim to force Melbourne hand, as they would want a drawn out legal dispute as much as Trac does.

So in this hypothetical it doesn’t need to be a slam dunk legal case, just enough to motivate Melbourne.

Said free swing if it was $1.5 in total and went over 3 years
Isn’t $500 almost the base wage these days.
Not $1.5 for a season
He’s not going to play for free though.this happens every trade period. A player with a contract has the money, he isn’t going to spread the same over 3 if he’s guaranteed if for 2.

Not medical negligence by the doctor, duty of care by the club.

Do we know what the contracting language is around duty of care?
I doubt there’s anything in the standard contract (however I stand to be corrected).

Duty of care exists as a common law principle and is not contracted.

I would have thought that if there is a valid complaint, it would likely be less specific Ie ‘medical negligence’ and more nebulous Ie ‘duty of care.’

Working under the assumption that there is a duty of care clause in AFL contracting as I’ve not read them.

Trac coming back on fails the pub test. If it was entirely his decision to go back on, why is he reportedly aggrieved?

By the same token pointing fingers at the docs after the fact and getting litigious when we have little information is a bit too "US of A" for my liking.

No doc gives AF about the 4 points more than they care about their patient.

I doubt there’s anything in the standard contract (however I stand to be corrected).

Duty of care exists as a common law principle and is not contracted.
So regardless of contracting language, could hypothetically be pursued under common law? Even as an ambit claim, it could be a strategy to motivate Melbourne?

He’s not going to play for free though.this happens every trade period. A player with a contract has the money, he isn’t going to spread the same over 3 if he’s guaranteed if for 2.
Yeh but isn’t it $1.5 a year so $3 over 2 years I’m saying
I don’t even like or want lynch
Just saying in general

Trac coming back on fails the pub test. If it was entirely his decision to go back on, why is he reportedly aggrieved?

By the same token pointing fingers at the docs after the fact and getting litigious when we have little information is a bit too "US of A" for my liking.

No doc gives AF about the 4 points more than they care about their patient.
We may all be too narrowly focussed on the ‘decision to go back on’ - it is likely an element, but there could be a basket of other grievances from the Petraccas for all we know. We’re just making assumptions based on very limited evidence.

It would on some level be an ambit claim to force Melbourne hand, as they would want a drawn out legal dispute as much as Trac does.

So in this hypothetical it doesn’t need to be a slam dunk legal case, just enough to motivate Melbourne.
Hopefully he's motivated all the way to the Pies

Said free swing if it was $1.5 in total and went over 3 years
Isn’t $500 almost the base wage these days.
Not $1.5 for a season

'The Lynch deal is about $920,000-$930,000 a year over the seven years, meaning there is a significant rise after the first years. He is expected to earn as much as $1.5 million in the final year of the deal.' The Age.

Yeh but isn’t it $1.5 a year so $3 over 2 years I’m saying
I don’t even like or want lynch
Just saying in general
It’s heavily backended from all reports. I don’t know the exact details but it wouldn’t be a fire sale and would cost us a lot. I just don’t think it’s a good trade at all given we already have two KPF on the sidelines 80% of the time

We may all be too narrowly focussed on the ‘decision to go back on’ - it is likely an element, but there could be a basket of other grievances from the Petraccas for all we know. We’re just making assumptions based on very limited evidence.
Yeah, like a few players and staff on the gear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'The Lynch deal is about $920,000-$930,000 a year over the seven years, meaning there is a significant rise after the first years. He is expected to earn as much as $1.5 million in the final year of the deal.' The Age.

That's around $200K a game.

Last edited:
So regardless of contracting language, could hypothetically be pursued under common law? Even as an ambit claim, it could be a strategy to motivate Melbourne?
It’s hypothetically possible against the doctor but extremely unlikely.

I’d say it’s either just a rumour or it’s being used by the Petracca camp because he wants out. Most of the public think the club shouldn’t have let him back on so they can milk that if he wants to leave.

I'm not sure sr36 is a real teacher. Who teaches English as a second language in an English speaking school. Sounds like a scam to me
Shhhhh! I've been pulling this scam off for years. I'm the wheelchair toilet in a business with no employees who use a wheelchair. I'm just there, because maybe one day ...

If reports are true, lynch would cost us 1.5 million. At minimum.

Next please
Money is not the issue for a year or two when you have so many retirees in the next few years. Salary cap going up. Give him 2m over 2 years and give ourselves a shot at another flag if he’s right. It’s the draft capital that you give up that really kills you. Two Beams, two treloar, one Schultz. These are the deals that compromise your future, not taking on a salary if you have ample cap space.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back