List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Brodie could be a candidate for Freo, stuck in the ressies for Peel and can’t get games ahead of a cooked Fyfe

That doesn't exactly enamour me with regards to what Brodie brings to the table, especially when his first year at the Dockers was pretty good. Enduance issues / training standards raising it's head again with him perhaps?

Maybe they will if they land both Battle and Barrass on big $$.

And they wouldn’t need Frost then.

Hawthorn also had a key defender who did a knee in pre season - James Black? Currently injured so that ticks one box. Has he excelled in any other sports?

The other possibility is DGB - but hopefully not.

There’s no chance of Carlton parting with McKay which would upset their playing group.
McKay isn’t even going to entertain a move to the Dees.
They also have to come up with enough points for both their father sons.

Then there’s us who have a future first and that’s about it really so that’s unlikely in itself.

If his relationship with Melbourne is beyond repair, then that’s gonna be a problem for him and Melbourne to navigate

I'd love to know how many of the first-rounders Collingwood has traded over the years have been used on players who have gone on to become AAs, Norm Smith medalists, Brownlow medalists or premiership players. Surely there's some data out there.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The answer will be zero. The problem is the same people that scream about us stuffing up those trades are also the same wanting Hine to be moved on. They conveniently forget that keeping them is no guarantee of success and is still guesswork. As an FYI Georgiades the one that’s gone on to do something and SDK was the next pick in the 2019 draft.

Frost doesn’t work because in order to bring Barrass in Hawthorn will need to move their 1st.
I misunderstood where you were going with this.
I was commenting purely on Hawks not needing cap space and pointed to Barrass and Battle maybe creating an issue.
Also, even if Frost is ok now (as a player), he would be surplus to their needs.

I think Kennedy’s one to chase regardless. When he’s had a good run at it in the middle the past 3 seasons his numbers stack up. I doubt he’s on much though so probably isn’t the one here. Cerra’s a maybe, but again they’d burn Lygon St to the ground doing a deal like that with Collingwood.

I'd be all over Hewitt if we could get him, one of the most underrated midfielders going around, nice size, absolute machine at the stoppages who can also get on the outside and is a nice user of the ball especially by foot.

If he was the one who gets shaken out of the tree by the scum having too many mouths to feed then I'd hope we'd be all over him, even at 29 in December he'll give us 3-4 very solid years of production and help take some pressure of Nicky.

I don't get why they would need a salary dump?

Martin, Grimes and Pickett retired.
Rioli and Bolton traded.

A heap of the list will be 1st 2nd and 3rd years.

Only thing I could think of is if they want front loaded contracts to free up space for comming years to hit FA.
They are going full Norf on their rebuild. 5 years of darkness and brimstone.

We can dream about big names but realistically what does this trade period look like.

Future 1st for a 1st this year.
Future 2nd for Reef.
Port's pick 37 for Richards
A fringe player pick up.
Maybe a crippled Lynch salary dump.

Outside of these potential options I just can't see us doing much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have an out of the box trade, pendles to kangaroos for number 2 pick number 2 and our future first for petraca.
Pendles gets a season or 2as player then straight into coaching he's exactly what the kangaroos kids need and he would be doing it to benefit us ... As much as I hate it it's a win win

No

Firstly there’s no way you’re getting pick 2.

Secondly, what message does that send to the group, it would be one thing if he requested it but to push out a club great like that is a sure fire way to destroy the fabric of the team.

Jack Crisp was not a 1st rounder breaking into the team.

He was a later pick fringe player who was breaking out. More equivalent to Harrison or Richards.

Our offer imo should be F1 and Hawks 2nd firm.
Petracca is 29 for 2025 season, Beams 25 in 2015. For reference since its being used as the stick now.
Although most this argument stemmed from people saying we'd need 2 to 3 firsts to get it down.
Agree, but think we'd need to add Reef to the F1 and this year's 2nd.

We can dream about big names but realistically what does this trade period look like.

Future 1st for a 1st this year.
Maybe but knowing Collingwood we throw in Hawks 2nd to get it done.

Future 2nd for Reef.
No chance. A pick around 70

Port's pick 37 for Richards
About right. Might be able to add another pick 70 to the deal if we are lucky.

A fringe player pick up.
Probably a midfielder not worth much currency. Maybe a Fiorini type.

Maybe a crippled Lynch salary dump.
Don't see it. They don't need to dump salary. Maybe they could pay some of his for a better pick say 500k and pick 37 for Lynch on half pay. Still a big long shot.

Outside of these potential options I just can't see us doing much
It's a real unknown this trade period. I see a lot of movement of those barely known types for late picks.

Last edited:
Only part of it. If we don’t get a first it’s because they have created enough space on their list to take full advantage of their early picks.

The other part to the news I heard is that a first will be coming our way in another salary dump from another club. The player is a best 18 player but can comfortably be covered by his current club who want to open up some cap space for a couple of players making their way across.

How about Coniglio and GWS first rounder? They have Peatling and others coming through to cover Coniglio.

(Personally I’d just rather we recruited Peatling ourselves.)

Have an out of the box trade, pendles to kangaroos for number 2 pick number 2 and our future first for petraca.
Pendles gets a season or 2as player then straight into coaching he's exactly what the kangaroos kids need and he would be doing it to benefit us ... As much as I hate it it's a win win

Wash your mouth out. No way Pendles gets traded.

So you’d be giving up 2 first rounders for a 29 year old coming off a serious injury???
No I wouldnt personally. But Melbourne won't deal for that sort of currency that you are offering. I totally agree with what you said in terms of his worth. It's just been said 10 times already and it's not happening, unless Tracs got some sort of get out of jail free card.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back