List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

If Petracca did miraculously cross to us, how do we all feel he’ll handle being loudly booed every touch, every week by supporters of whichever team we’re playing that day?

I’m not sure that he’d cope well with being public enemy No1 after being lauded by all across his career to date.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Have you ever considered booing Jeremy Cameron simply for going to Geelong? What about Lynch for choosing Richmond?

The only time it’s happened in recent memory was our own ****wit supporters doing it to JHF. He’ll be fine no matter where he goes.

The only way Blues can get it done is if McKay or Curnow agree to cross to Melb. Why on Earth would either do that?

They’ve both got long-term, highly lucrative contracts to stay at the Blues with plenty of job security in a side that (unfortunately) seems poised for a period of sustained success.

100%

With players wanting out, or players not wanting to go there (Houston), and all the related “cultural” issues we’ve seen over the past couple of years (May punching on with teammates; Smith provisionally suspended by WADA; Oliver and his “medical issues”; constant innuendo about Goodwin; the off field drama with previous President and the board) - what a bloody mess of a club.

Why on earth would any player want to go there particularly if they have a long term lucrative deal with a club poised to play finals.

Just mind boggling. No way Petracca goes to the Blues as a swap for Mackay.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

In the same way I thought getting Mitchell would net us a flag in 2023, getting Petracca would do the same for us in 2025 if we could pull it off

Just have no idea how

He has to nominate us of course too

Unless it’s just a case of “which of the big 4 can offer Melbourne the best deal”?

Garry Lyon is doing MFC no favours this morning on SEN. He sounds bitter and is ridiculing “Brand Petracca”.

Certainly won’t help sooth the relationship with Christian and family.

I can't understand what he's thinking.

Have you ever considered booing Jeremy Cameron simply for going to Geelong? What about Lynch for choosing Richmond?
No, generally the only ones that do are from the teams involved.
The only time it’s happened in recent memory was our own ****wit supporters doing it to JHF. He’ll be fine no matter where he goes.
Further to my earlier point, I think we did it with Judd as we knew he wanted to come to us and assumed he took the $ (I note you did say recent though).
So on that basis if he chooses and gets to us, Demons and Blues supporters will be the most prominent supporter bases.

Doesn't it defeat the purpose to trade out JDG for Petracca? We need another midfielder to add to what we have. If we give one of our best away, we're back to where we started.

And we have no clue what version of Petracca we'd be getting once he returns to football.

And why would JDG, who has turned his life around with the support of the club want to go to a rabble like the Dees?
Yep. Zero net gain imo.

Darcy broke Witts vertebrae three weeks later. Was he trying to recruit a ruckman?
Bruzzy tried it the year before with Brayshaw, but underestimated the new concussion attitudes - hence Darcy leading from the front and targetting internal organs as the way forward..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know if Christian was sitting in the Collingwood box?
If true. Welcome to Collingwood son.

Likely a Melbourne supporter being sarcastic

No offence but I think you need to go and pat your mouse Lenny.

Seriously. Trade Pendles? I respect that you prefaced it with "out of the box" but this is a bit too out of the box.

It's a "no" from me.
Honestly I’m more shocked that people aren’t picking up on the fact that Pendles is never ever going to get pick 2 rather than getting upset over trading him 😂

If Norf offered pick 2 for a player who’s probably got 1 year left in him max, the club should take it in a heartbeat if he was open to the trade. I love Pendles but you’d be mad to turn that down from a rational perspective.

100%

With players wanting out, or players not wanting to go there (Houston), and all the related “cultural” issues we’ve seen over the past couple of years (May punching on with teammates; Smith provisionally suspended by WADA; Oliver and his “medical issues”; constant innuendo about Goodwin; the off field drama with previous President and the board) - what a bloody mess of a club.

Why on earth would any player want to go there particularly if they have a long term lucrative deal with a club poised to play finals.

Just mind boggling. No way Petracca goes to the Blues as a swap for Mackay.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
All of this over the top speculation hinges on whether Petracca would WANT to go to Carlton.
I can't imagine that he would.

Call me naive.

But... if we take on his salary and provide Melbourne with fringe player - aren't Melbourne getting a better deal? They would have massive cap space to pick up someone else and also have the option of another player to rotate through their AFL/VFL teams for absolutely no cost.

Remove the emotion, the 7 year deal... everything. On face value it looks quite a good option on their side, and they can have a free swing at any slightly younger up-and-comer, or free agent.
You’re naive.

To get Petracca, it will have to be similar currency to what we gave up for Beams, which is 2 mid to late first round picks.
We can give up next years first round, and maybe offer Reef as they have poor key forward stocks. And if there is any truth to any of the rumours on Richards/Nobel/Hill/Quyanor. Try get a pick under 30, or better with pick swaps included. (BTW Richards to Port is the only decent rumour/offer). Plus it would be wise to deal with Carlton as they might be up for off loading an early pick for later points for the Camporeale twins.
We dont have too many players in the 26-29 age bracket in the midfield/high half forward role, so it would stagger our age profile better

I’m sure they were because he was sitting at the back with the Melbourne players apparently.
They showed him on the ch7 coverage sitting with the other Melbourne players.

I can't understand what he's thinking.
He's not thinking. That's his issue. He's just opening his yap and spewing forth whatever enters his head in the moment without thought of the consequences.

Can’t see us having the ability to get CP to be honest and at his age and off the back of this serious injury not sure it would be a wise move considering the cost.

Would be rather ironic if we did though considering it was one of our players that ultimately caused (inadvertently) the injury that has contributed significantly to this spiral.

Last edited:
Honestly I’m more shocked that people aren’t picking up on the fact that Pendles is never ever going to get pick 2 rather than getting upset over trading him 😂

If Norf offered pick 2 for a player who’s probably got 1 year left in him max, the club should take it in a heartbeat if he was open to the trade. I love Pendles but you’d be mad to turn that down from a rational perspective.
I don't think it is too out there, if North finished with pick 1 and then split it for let's say pick 5 and 6 and offered one of them for Pendles I would consider it but I don't see them trading pick 2.

North losing to the Hawks was pretty bad and North need help bad and Pendles is the perfect player for them. Pick 5 for a 37yo Pendles who may only play 10/15 more games next season might be something to consider.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back