List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

From Fox Footy:

Andafter speaking to a high-placed source at Collingwood,foxfooty.com.au understands it can be all but ruled out in the potential race for Petracca, even if he has interest in the club he grew up supporting.

Not only do the Magpies not have the draft assets to strike a deal — they’re without their first-round pick and only hold selections 32, 48 and 50 in this draft as well as whatever they get back for Suns-bound John Noble.

But Collingwood is also not in a position to accommodate Petracca’s $1 million plus salary into its books.

It’s understood the Pies are unlikely to explore other ways to go all in for Petracca and are prioritising bringing in a key defensive reinforcement following Nathan Murphy’s medical retirement earlier this year including talk of a homecoming for Crow Mark Keane.

I missed this segment on the radio.

Did anyone listening happen to have a feel for his demeanour when talking about this?

Surely he had a little giggle in his voice like he knew!
He did not. It was serious Fly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But Collingwood is also not in a position to accommodate Petracca’s $1 million plus salary into its books.

I thought we had a lot of cap space that we had been going to use to bring in UFAs?
When did this change?

Not only do the Magpies not have the draft assets to strike a deal — they’re without their first-round pick and only hold selections 32, 48 and 50 in this draft as well as whatever they get back for Suns-bound John Noble .
FMD
This is beyond infuriating

It’s understood the Pies are unlikely to explore other ways to go all in for Petracca and are prioritising bringing in a key defensive reinforcement following Nathan Murphy ’s medical retirement earlier this year including talk of a homecoming for Crow Mark Keane.

If we target a KPD I hope it’s top shelf and not double paying for (IMO) NQR Keane

I thought we had a lot of cap space that we had been going to use to bring in UFAs?
When did this change?

FMD
This is beyond infuriating

If we target a KPD I hope it’s top shelf and not double paying for (IMO) NQR Keane
I doubt the salary cap situation has changed - more that we already have plans in place (as we should).
It's early days - the season hasn't even finished yet, but we have the rolling media feeding frenzy.

From Fox Footy:

Andafter speaking to a high-placed source at Collingwood,foxfooty.com.au understands it can be all but ruled out in the potential race for Petracca, even if he has interest in the club he grew up supporting.

Not only do the Magpies not have the draft assets to strike a deal — they’re without their first-round pick and only hold selections 32, 48 and 50 in this draft as well as whatever they get back for Suns-bound John Noble.

It’s understood the Pies are unlikely to explore other ways to go all in for Petracca and are prioritising bringing in a key defensive reinforcement following Nathan Murphy’s medical retirement earlier this year including talk of a homecoming for Crow Mark Keane.
On the bolded I call bullshit. They were writing articles early in the year that we would have a war chest to go hard at free agency etc with, now we can’t handle a single high salary when we don’t even have any $1m players on the books yet?

They have got no idea fox footy.
Carlton have a worse hand than us really with two father son prospects pretty much going to use up all this years draft capital.

Harry McKay ain’t moving nor is Curnow either.

But somehow we have no currency in comparison ?

We will end up with more draft capital in this years pool alone to use than they will after their father son bids.

I’m not suggesting that’s enough to land Petracca at all more so that the media fascination of making shit up without proper facts as to what our plans or currency is, is laughable

On the bolded I call bullshit. They were writing articles early in the year that we would have a war chest to go hard at free agency etc with, now we can’t handle a single high salary when we don’t even have any $1m players on the books yet?
Believe that war chest was more end of 2025, at least when we have the vet salaries off the books and we stop paying for treloar.

I'm not reading much into what Fly said on Sen, he isn't going to come out and announced we are interested
He never said we werent interested, but that we wouldnt be able to get a deal done given our draft hand and would not do anything drastic to attempt

I'm not reading much into what Fly said on Sen, he isn't going to come out and announced we are interested
Yeah, he's not going to give too much away.
The only thing of substance he really said, was that we won't let Noble go unless we get a good deal for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back