List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Brother, I just disagreed with your opinion that Beams trade "screwed our club for 5 years" and concisely raised why that just wasn't the case in hindsight, that is all haha
Think it depends what you mean by "screwed". It might have cost us a few potential players and maybe Treloar, Stephenson and Grundy. But we did get a premiership in 2023. So as sad as this sounds that a win.

Clearly I meant the trade screwed us from a draft capital and trading position perspective.

The fact that we came within a kick of a Flag in 2018 and within a kick of a GF in 2022 and won the Flag in 2023 is a brilliant thing for Pies fans.

But to come back with that as a retort for the outcome of the Beams return trade and what it cost us trade and draft wise... that's apples and oranges. Unless you were suggesting that the successes of 2018, 2022 and 2023 were a result of the Beams trade... which I don't think you were?

In any case, my original point was that I don't want the club to sell the farm to get Petracca. A fully fit Petracca before his injury, sure. But not at this point of his footy journey.

I rest my case.
Agree with this. It cost us players on our list. We could have a few quality players, but we got a premiership. Would you rewind time ......back to the future style and undo the Beams trade? I wouldn't we might not win in 2023. We probably would have Fly. Etc.

"Hawthorn is going to have to get creative to pull off its trade for West Coast defender Tom Barrass with Eagles sources declaring the club was likely to want two first round picks for the intercept defender."

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable
IMG_0987.gif

The more I think about it, the more appealing lukosius looks. His goal output of 23 and 39 over the last 2 seasons isn't too bad considering how much of a dumpster fire gc have been. Not to mention that he averaged about 21 touches a game in 2021, meaning he can find he ball. If we can get his development right, we can turn him in to a poor mana version of patty cripps who can play in the midfield and go forward when required. His contract can always be extended to reduce the cap hit.
He has also been remarkably durable over his career, which given our recent injury run should elevate him to the top of the target list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you actually watch this... I don't think it's like 100% certain that we're no chance... but maybe that's just me being hopeful

It does seem like he avoided ruling it out all together when Gaze asked if it had been completely put to bed. He could have just said “no we’re ruling ourselves out of that one” but chose to say “I don’t think that’s reality based on our draft hand”.

You’re right it’s probably wishful thinking, but I did find his choice of words interesting.

It shows too that we’re not gonna get bent over at the trade table. Its a big comment from the coach of all people.

Maybe Leppa will have a new mentality when it comes to trades

Wrighty would have bent over and taken a 3rd rounder or something

Having read a lot about trading over the years, I think they should move Pride Day to the last day of trade week.

The afl media are unreal - always a negative when it's a Collingwood player

Daniel Rioli - 'Tiger requests trade'

John Noble - ' Pie wants out'

It does seem like he avoided ruling it out all together when Gaze asked if it had been completely put to bed. He could have just said “no we’re ruling ourselves out of that one” but chose to say “I don’t think that’s reality based on our draft hand”.

You’re right it’s probably wishful thinking, but I did find his choice of words interesting.
He 100% left the door open but played it down like he should of

Also I strongly believe that we should should take lukosius entire contract in exchange for their first round pick. GC will need the salary cap space in years to come, which provides us with a phenomenal opportunity to recoup the first round pick we gave up for Schultz.

Probably true. Jaicos's kicking can be atrocious at times (those low skiding worm burning finger breakers) but his shockers are usually around half-forward that don't cost us scores against. Whereas JFN's although are nicer looking kicks that spin beautifully they tend to miss the target by a country mile right across half-back often resulting in scores against or a big opportunity to do so, big difference unfortunately. Also, teams often try to play through JFN when he gets up to the wings to expose his lack of contested marking ability, this always frustrated me.
Would we be looking at Caleb Daniel?
1724756148410.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back