List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a strange expression that has always flumoxxed me. Barge poles are used to push the boat away from the thing you want to avoid - so with your view, you'd be better off touching him with a barge pole to keep us away from him.
Just looked it up. Relates to not even being willing to condescend to touch someone or something with a long pole

Think it depends what you mean by "screwed". It might have cost us a few potential players and maybe Treloar, Stephenson and Grundy. But we did get a premiership in 2023. So as sad as this sounds that a win.

With the 2 players we got for Beams in the first place being a massive part of the victory against the team who gave them up!!!

Lay off the drugs. Lukosious isn’t a salary dump. They’ve already expressed they’re happy to retain him if he wants to stay.
You seriously naive to take them at their word? The fact that they gave him the green light to explore a trade means that they essentially don't see his as part of their plans going forward. You would be even more naive to think that GC wouldn't jump at the opportunity of moving lukosius's entire contract of their books. GC aren't a destination club , so their only way of retaining players/attracting other players is via lucrative contracts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Battle, Barrass and Sicdog is way too tall a defence….. unless Sic becomes a perma forward
Nah it would just free up Sicily to play sweeper and intercept at will all which is what the Hawks would be thinking.

Fun fact - he's only 188cm tall so he's always been a bit undersized for a KPD.

I had fuq 11 number plates. On my blue meanie. No one worked out I was from the area.
Eventually I went dark and changed them to Angel.
Every time we play Scrabble or any other shit game I go by the alias Dixie Normus or Yorak Hunt. The missus stopped thinking it was funny a fair while ago now

Just thought I'd throw an interesting comparison out there between Noble and Rioli from last year when the Tugs weren't complete non-competitive trash and we won the flag.

Not exactly a yawning chasm between them really just based on the numbers anyway...

Screenshot_20240827-212121.png

Last edited:
It sounds like he's set on the Hawks. What is it a 6 year deal they have offered him?
Also Battle running through the banner with his daughter in round 24, seems like he knew where his future lay next year...
Nah that was just the Stains celebrating his 123rd game milestone.

It does seem like he avoided ruling it out all together when Gaze asked if it had been completely put to bed. He could have just said “no we’re ruling ourselves out of that one” but chose to say “I don’t think that’s reality based on our draft hand”.

You’re right it’s probably wishful thinking, but I did find his choice of words interesting.
I agree, draft hands are never final, ours can and likely will change.

He could've said no we won't be exploring that, he didn't.

Christian Petracca could force a trade away from Melbourne via the AFL’s grievance tribunal​

Despite Melbourne categorically saying Christian Petracca is going nowhere, there’s a way the star Demon could force their hand. JON RALPH has the story.
Jon Ralph and Jay Clark

3 min read
August 27, 2024 - 7:05PM
News Sport Network
https://archive.md/gb889#share-tools
aa872f95e8a90a46b599f362608e09878a525b19.jpg

AFL: Garry Lyon had a strong reaction to suggestions Christian Petracca could be traded for Harry McKay.
Christian Petracca has the option of forcing a trade from Melbourne through the AFL’s grievance tribunal as his teammates increasingly ponder life without their star match winner.
Petracca’s prolonged campaign to exit Melbourne continues, with 45 days until the end of the trade period and no end in sight as his resolve hardens to play elsewhere.
The Herald Sun can reveal there is a process through the AFL’s collective bargaining agreement where he could ask the AFL to step in to broker a trade through mediation if all attempts to convince the Demons he wants a new start fail.
Christian Petracca could force a trade away from Melbourne. Picture: Michael Klein

Christian Petracca could force a trade away from Melbourne. Picture: Michael Klein
He revealed his partner Bella was told by a doctor at 3am that morning that the brilliant Demons matchwinner might not pull through.
Melbourne believes it did nothing wrong in putting him back on the field despite four broken ribs and a lacerated spleen - and conducted a review into its own conduct - but Petracca remains aggrieved by their treatment.
The grievance tribunal is the nuclear option and has never been used before but is detailed in the AFL’s collective bargaining agreement.
The AFLPA is aware of the grievance tribunal, with some player agents in the league believing Petracca would have a case given the list of issues he has with the Demons.
The first option for Petracca would be opening up on his reasons for a trade - the club’s cultural issues, Clayton Oliver’s behaviour, the Josh Smith trafficking allegations - which could help force the club’s hand.
At a series of player gatherings across the weekend it was clear that players want more clarity over his future.
A series of Melbourne players met on Sunday night at the Botanical Hotel, with some now despairing at the damage being done to the club and aware that trading Petracca might be the right option.
Petracca’s future is up in the air. Picture: Getty Images

Petracca’s future is up in the air. Picture: Getty Images
The man widely thought to be the next captain of the football club has now done irreparable damage to his leadership aspirations.
The Melbourne star forward again asked for a trade in his exit meeting on Monday, but the Demons are adamant he is going nowhere given five years on a deal worth well over $6 million in salary obligations.
He is still processing the trauma of his injury, which put him in hospital for repeated stints but has also had a long-lasting aftermath as he comes to grips with returning to football.
He is not able to get his heartbeat up over 100 beats per minute for another month and will deal with trauma experts as he tries to work through his mental issues over a return to football.
While his camp might have hoped he could find his way to a power club like Carlton in a dal for Harry McKay that trade is not going to happen.
Carlton and McKay’s manager David Trotter on Tuesday made clear that McKay was off the table and would not be part of any discussion over Petracca’s future.
Petracca told an episode of the Howie Games podcast his partner Bella was called by a doctor while he was in hospital telling her how dire his predicament was at one stage.
Petracca on his way to hospital after the incident. Picture: Fox Sports Australia

Petracca on his way to hospital after the incident. Picture: Fox Sports Australia
Petracca broke four ribs, suffered a lacerated spleen and had a small puncture in his lung.
“This must have been 3am in the morning. I didn’t know at the time; I was drugged up,” Petracca told Mark Howard.
“Bella came to the ICU the next day and basically said that at three in the morning we got the number off the surgeon because he called to say you might not make it. He’s in critical condition. Because there was internal bleeding and everything. So (I was) in a serious and critical condition. For me, it was more that, that hit home rather than the actual injury itself. I’ll be fine physically and I’ll be able to train and get back to playing. It’s just more that piece; that the people around you feel it more than you.
“Even since then the last 6-7 weeks have been really tough on both of us. She’s been amazing for me since I first met her but just through this experience... I’ve got insomnia I feel like; to be honest, I can’t sleep.”
Poor Garry is going to meltdown with all this rah rah petracca stays crap
He’s making things worse

Just thought I'd throw an interesting comparison out there between Noble and Rioli from last year when the Tugs weren't complete non-completive trash and we won the flag.

Not exactly a yawning chasm between them really just based on the numbers anyway...

View attachment 2094016
And they want two 1sts, FFS, when are we going to become the aggressor at the the trade table....

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back