List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

James Borlase an option to bring in?

OOC 22 year old key defender from the crows who is listed as a UFA by footywire (not sure if it's accurate)

Played 10 games this season and looked to have had a number of decent games earlier/midway through the year, but then fell out of favour with selection

Could be a young, cheap option with some level of talent exposure at AFL level

By no means do I think he's set the world on fire, but if we play money ball, this could be an option we could turn to our advantage imo

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app
Might have been delisted and re-rookied as you are always a UFA if thats the case.

From some research yeah he had been, initially was an NGA and cat b rookie for them. Still think it could be an option

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's one of the more ridiculous NGA recruits. I like it as Port fans whinge about it. And I'm hoping he becones a gun to annoy Port fans, but it's not looking likely.

His dad played about 250 games for Port in the SANFL - captaining the team, but he didn't qualify for Port under father son as he didn't play enough of the games within the right time frame. After his SANFL career, dad was posted in Cairo working for the Australian wool board, where James was born. Due to being born in Africa, James Borlase, the son of a Port Adelaide star, qualified as an NGA recruit for Adelaide. Ridiculous, but god it will annoy them if he comes good.

Last edited:
Fly in his SEN segment yesterday, 'Who will be the next Lipinski for CFC', a player that is on the fringe at another club and not getting opportunities, maybe CFC thinks it's Hobbs.

Lepinski edited
I’d be disappointed if it turned out to be a Noble out for Hobbs and Essendon end up with GC’s pick 20

From what I recall from fans on X his kicking which was meant to be a strength was actually a weakness.
Didn't he have something like 17 turnovers, or clangers or whatever you want to call it, in a single game earlier in the year. Therein might lie his problem

Edit - just looked it up. 17 turnovers V Essendon earlier in the year. Most recorded in a game this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne have reached a crossroads as Christian Petracca continues to try and force his way to another Victorian club despite having five years left on the seven-year contract he signed in mid-2021.
However, the crash-through or crash approach is – at this stage – unlikely to succeed.
The Demons are holding firm as they deal with the reality that Petracca – who is the club’s only Norm Smith medallist – is open to being traded if a satisfactory deal could be done.
No club has stepped forward, however, with a realistic package to turn the Demons’ heads, with most Victorian clubs aware how difficult it would be to meet Melbourne’s demands for a contracted superstar. The Demons are also unable to test the market as that would be a signal to the league they were open to trading their star, putting them in a delicate situation.

Carlton key forward Harry McKay, himself on a lucrative deal for six more seasons, was bandied as a potential bargaining chip that could help the Blues score Petracca, but such a move has been ruled out.
McKay’s agent, David Trotter of Hemisphere Sports, dismissed the possibility on several mediums – including this masthead – in the past two days. Carlton never raised the prospect of a trade with McKay, a well-placed source told this masthead, with the Blues certain to reassure him they weren’t contemplating a trade ahead of the elimination final.

Any potential Petracca move – with his preference being one of the rival Victorian powerhouses with a bigger fan base – may even rely on the Demons paying some of his $1 million-a-year-plus contract, which only adds to a trade being unlikely.
Petracca understands the club’s position, according to a source familiar with the discussions he had with the club this week.

Collingwood do not have the trade currency to obtain the 28-year-old, short of trading out Jordan De Goey and a pick, which won’t happen.
The Hawks don’t have a key forward capable of enticing the Demons with a satisfactory offer and are focused on attempting to secure key backs Josh Battle and Tom Barrass.

The Saints have Max King, but in an ideal world Petracca’s move would lead him to a higher-profile club rather than Moorabbin, with St Kilda committed to the key forward who is contracted until the end of 2026.
Two sources familiar with the situation said Petracca is not interested in joining Essendon, who are not in the market anyway, while the Bulldogs won’t be trading out their key forwards either.

The Blues’ Tom De Koning is a free agent next season and the ruck/forward would be an ideal fit for Melbourne, given their over-reliance on Max Gawn, but Carlton will not contemplate trading him this off-season.

Gold Coast could have the collateral, but they have targeted running defenders and aren’t prime time.
It’s become messy from a public relations point of view as the Demons remain adamant publicly that both Petracca and Clayton Oliver, who are contracted until the end of 2029 and 2030, respectively, will not be traded.
It is the second straight year Melbourne have been in the headlines with one of their blue-chip midfielders, after Oliver became a trade talking point on player movement eve 12 months ago before staying put. They also refused to trade Harry Petty despite Adelaide’s advances. Petty has since extended his contract until 2027, with Kysaiah Pickett, who remains an attractive proposition for clubs in South Australia and Western Australia, also tied to the club until then.

It leaves the Demons, who tumbled to 14th this year after finishing in the top four the previous three seasons, and winning the flag three years ago, with the No.5 draft pick after a difficult season.
That is not a great position for the Demons as they conduct another internal review after a tumultuous off-season last year.
Melbourne will grant Alex Neal-Bullen’s request to return home to South Australia for family seasons, to play for the Crows, and announced the delistings of Josh Schache and Kyah Farris-White on Tuesday, but Petracca’s discontent is having an effect.

The rumblings around Petracca scared off Port Adelaide’s All-Australian defender and fellow Connors Sports client Dan Houston, who seemed set to request a trade to Melbourne until Petracca’s situation became public.

Houston, who is contracted for four more years, still wants to return to Victoria, but Power coach Ken Hinkley said last week he wanted him to stay. St Kilda contacted the 27-year-old to understand where he was at, as did the Blues, but both were preliminary enquiries. The round 23 suspension for an ugly bump on Crow Izak Rankine means Houston will not play again this season.

I'm ready to read the melts if Reef gets delisted

He'll still be on the list for trade week. So if he gets delisted it will be after we've added Petracca ;) and no one will care - except for some poster who thinks that we shouldn't have gotten Petracca as him and Reef are virtually the same player.

With Petraca’s health worries is really worth more than a future 1st and say pick 20? Maybe throw in one of our young Rucks and another young fringe player with potential… I know well unders for a fully fit Petraca at his prime but that’s not what I think you will be getting. Would Richmond really stump up for x2 first rounders for him?

Why bother entertaining a fantasy that's never happened in the history of the AFL?

Players consider a team's ability to actually get a deal done when considering where to request a trade to.
Hey, all I pitched is another scenario where Melbourne may be an even bigger basket case than we are aware of.
This is already getting uglier by the day - and that’s just with what Melbourne are saying and what’s being leaked to the media.
Petracca has been silent so far.
I’m expecting it will get worse yet so let’s see how far MFC are happy for this to go.
I’m just sitting back and watching like the rest of us.

He's one of the more ridiculous NGA recruits. I like it as Port fans whinge about it. And I'm hoping he becones a gun to annoy Port fans, but it's not looking likely.

His dad played about 250 games for Port in the SANFL - captaining the team, but he didn't qualify for Port under father son as he didn't play enough of the games within the right time frame. After his SANFL career, dad was posted in Cairo working for the Australian wool board, where James was born. Due to being born in Africa, James Borlase, the son of a Port Adelaide star, qualified as an NGA recruit for Adelaide. Ridiculous, but god it will annoy them if he comes good.
Darryl Borlase?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back