List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

From the age:

Decision time for Pie​

Collingwood livewire Joe Richards is weighing up multi-year offers from the Magpies and Port Adelaide after having his exit meeting this week.

The 25-year-old forward played all nine of his career games this season, finishing with a 19-disposal, one-goal performance in Collingwood’s round 24 win over Melbourne.
The Power have identified Richards, who was the No.48 pick in the 2022 draft as a mature-age recruit out of Wangaratta Magpies, as someone who can bolster their attack.

Port Adelaide are so interested they have offered him a three-year deal, whereas the Pies have presented a two-year contract.

There is less clarity about 2020 first-round pick Reef McInnes’ future, after he kicked 13 goals from nine games this year for a total of 20. There have not been any meaningful discussions about his future.

Collingwood announced big man Aiden Begg’s delisting on Monday, while this masthead revealed on Tuesday that John Noble had requested a trade to Gold Coast to be closer to his twin brother, Mark.

Why? Tsatas's butchery by foot in the AFL & VFL is quite the site, Hobbs is a hook foot too.
Best Friends Friend GIF by PermissionIO

I don't think it is too out there, if North finished with pick 1 and then split it for let's say pick 5 and 6 and offered one of them for Pendles I would consider it but I don't see them trading pick 2.

North losing to the Hawks was pretty bad and North need help bad and Pendles is the perfect player for them. Pick 5 for a 37yo Pendles who may only play 10/15 more games next season might be something to consider.
If we were offered pick 5 for Pendles, I’d just throw in another player just so I wouldn’t feel too guilty.

If my grandma had wheels she’d be a bike. We gambled and ended up paying over for Schultz. It happens. Can we move on? All these “what ifs” are exhausting and doesn’t actually improve our situation in any way.

NATHAN KREUGER

Like others discussed, Kreuger began his career elsewhere - at Geelong before being traded to Collingwood in the 2021 trade period.

Now 25 and out of contract, the tall’s future is again filled with uncertainty; despite productive cameos at the top level this season.

“He came in for a five-week patch and kicked multiple goals - and the best thing about him, is he is a forward-ruckman… he is actually that bloke who could give u a seven minute chop out somewhere else,” Jon Ralph justified.

“There’s a few clubs out there; whether it’s an Adelaide or Essendon (and) looking for the next Todd Goldstein.

Having played 15 games across his four seasons since his debut, you would think Collingwood give him at least a one-year deal as insurance given their lack of talls (and health) with key players in 2024.

Why bother entertaining a fantasy that's never happened in the history of the AFL?

Players consider a team's ability to actually get a deal done when considering where to request a trade to.
Listening to Jay Clark a little earlier on MMM and he’s firmly of the belief that the only two clubs that are being considered are Carlton and Collingwood, with both clubs publicly playing down their chances saying they don’t have the draft capital to get a deal done. Also basically said that both clubs are definitely interested and would likely find a way to get a deal done. Put an emphasis on the fact that he’s with Connor Sports and Robbie D’Orazio has a track record of getting his player wherever they want to go, regardless of anything else.

Take it for what you will. I think there’s a lot that’s going to play out over the next month.

NATHAN KREUGER

Like others discussed, Kreuger began his career elsewhere - at Geelong before being traded to Collingwood in the 2021 trade period.

Now 25 and out of contract, the tall’s future is again filled with uncertainty; despite productive cameos at the top level this season.

“He came in for a five-week patch and kicked multiple goals - and the best thing about him, is he is a forward-ruckman… he is actually that bloke who could give u a seven minute chop out somewhere else,” Jon Ralph justified.

“There’s a few clubs out there; whether it’s an Adelaide or Essendon (and) looking for the next Todd Goldstein.

Having played 15 games across his four seasons since his debut, you would think Collingwood give him at least a one-year deal as insurance given their lack of talls (and health) with key players in 2024.

I'm a Kreuger fan but how on earth did they mix Goldstein into his article lol.

That actually makes me feel sick in the stomach that we could cash in on Noble departing only to then piss that up the wall on hot trash like Hobbs!
If we get pick 20 I sincerely hope we keep it off limits in trades and invest it on the best KPP available in the draft. There are quite a few rated around that point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear Pies - please make the finals next year and go very deep - that way I / we won't have to be in this god forsaken thread this early.

Just make it happen....

On behalf of all trade-addicted posters

Thanks

Going to have to stay in the thread to see if we're going to do the trading necessary to go deep next year to keep us out of this thread.

Are we still paying off any salary cap space to Treloar/ Grundy/ Stephenson or is the loss of our future 1st for Schultz the only penalty for 2025?
We were never paying off Stephenson, NM took on his whole contract (and even extended it iirc)

Listening to Jay Clark a little earlier on MMM and he’s firmly of the belief that the only two clubs that are being considered are Carlton and Collingwood, with both clubs publicly playing down their chances saying they don’t have the draft capital to get a deal done. Also basically said that both clubs are definitely interested and would likely find a way to get a deal done. Put an emphasis on the fact that he’s with Connor Sports and Robbie D’Orazio has a track record of getting his player wherever they want to go, regardless of anything else.

Take it for what you will. I think there’s a lot that’s going to play out over the next month.
I made the call to skip the past 9 - 10 pages (nothing personal, everybody) and there it is, on the Petracca front.
Good news that we're interested in Peatling, although Bergman (his manager on Gettable) definitely staying at Port is too bad .
BTW, do we know which other clubs have offered Joe Richards a contract besides Port?

Riley bonner looked good at the saints…

Don’t understand the reason for delisting… and wouldn’t be against picking him up given Noble will be going

James Borlase an option to bring in?

OOC 22 year old key defender from the crows who is listed as a UFA by footywire (not sure if it's accurate)

Played 10 games this season and looked to have had a number of decent games earlier/midway through the year, but then fell out of favour with selection

Could be a young, cheap option with some level of talent exposure at AFL level

By no means do I think he's set the world on fire, but if we play money ball, this could be an option we could turn to our advantage imo

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back