If we hadn’t traded for Schultz:

• We’d have pick 10 and in turn, Petracca
  • We’d be keeping Richards without issue
  • We’d most likely still have Ginnivan

So tell me, what would you rather?

Schultz?

Or Petracca, Richards and Ginnivan?
I’ll make my attempt at spitballing.
If we did not trade for Schultz the season could have been quit different.
Petracca may not have got injured
Ginnivan could have been rubbed out for betting
We may have avoided injuries and finished 2nd, not have pick 10.

My scenario is equally as likely as yours but just as ridiculous.

That’s a manager also lining his own pockets to keep it so simplistic
It’s not like he has a 7yr offer on the table that is just too good to refuse on dollars alone.

The difference is 2 years at us or 3 at port.
I don’t think the money will be all that different

It comes down to where he will see himself getting the most opportunities

I think Fly should be selling this to him big time next season and beyond
Not sure Fly is going to promise opportunities that aren’t there. The biggest thing Port have is that there aren’t four small forwards ahead of him entrenched in the best 22.

Sam McClure on the Tradies podcast this morning said he thinks Adam Tomlinson will be at Collingwood next year.

Mitch Cleary responded saying he has heard Pies and Saints are the two that are interested.

Gross, I’d take even Tom McDonald over him

Last edited:

That’s absolute garbage! We’d had enough of brand Ginnivan and his antics so we went hard at a better player for our system in Shoota. We then did a Lukocious and encouraged him to consider his options. It was never lead by Ginnivan he just never twigged we were serious like a heart attack on what his off field antics would do for his career at Collingwood.

To reiterate a better player limiting the opportunities of a lesser player is not the problem of the better player. What part of that is spin? Richards has a better contract in front of him from another club hence why he’s weighing his options.

The crux of the issue is your views on Shoota don’t align with the clubs. You’re then allowing his trade cost to cloud your judgement entirely. The hypocrisy of your posting (as highlighted by EM) is just a thinly veiled swipe at Shoota and I’m going to go super hard in his defense if you want to make an argument out of it.
Couldn't agree more.

Fly in his SEN segment yesterday, 'Who will be the next Lipinski for CFC', a player that is on the fringe at another club and not getting opportunities, maybe CFC thinks it's Hobbs.

Lepinski edited
I hope not. We need to prioritise Peatling as that player. I'm not confident on any player coming out of the Essendon system.

Having listened to most of Fly's Tuesday SEN segment on podcast today, I reckon he talked enough about finding the next Lipinski (fringe player looking for opportunities) to tell me that's Peatling.

Unless it's a Hobbs... but please no.
Could be either
Or someone else altogether. Not necessarily a mid

I'd rather have a crack at Tsatas instead of Hobbs.

Apparently shit attitude and hates it there.

Just needs the right mentor, extremely talented.
It wouldn’t have anything to do with him being the worst kick in the competition? If his attitude is to get the shits up when he has a serious flaw in his game it sounds to me like a kid who spent 8 years in underage programs being told how good he is and can’t handle the direct feedback you get once you’re in an environment where most blokes are similarly talented. I’d be steering well clear.

I'd rather have a crack at Tsatas instead of Hobbs.

Apparently shit attitude and hates it there.

Just needs the right mentor, extremely talented.
Contracted for longer than Hobbs, no? Reckon they would more like to hold onto him.
But if he has a terrible attitude, not sure if thats something that would appeal to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petracca at his best is a no-brainer. I’m just unsure whether we have seen his best. That injury seems worse by the week. Fiance being told he may not get through, him still recovering. Psychologically it seems it has really impacted him and I wonder if it leaves a lasting impact on him.

If we get pick 20 for noble we should take it to the draft and draft a player preferably of the KPP variety rather than trade it for meh players...
Not the Plan by Club

They want another Crack at the Flag next year with older players so we want players to Impact next year and not in few years

Depending on Petracca’s reasons and any other dirty Melbourne FC secrets that have not become public to date, the Dees may prefer to grant a trade to Petracca rather than risk this playing out in the media.
Surely Gawn has a dirty secret

I’ll make my attempt at spitballing.
If we did not trade for Schultz the season could have been quit different.
Petracca may not have got injured
Ginnivan could have been rubbed out for betting
We may have avoided injuries and finished 2nd, not have pick 10.

My scenario is equally as likely as yours but just as ridiculous.
It's like that movie sliding doors. Ginnivan's in the Queens (she didn't die) birthday game in 2024 sheparding Patracca off the ball which stops him getting to the contest and Moores knee goes no where near him. But Ginnivan has placed a bet on Petracca getting under 20 touches hence the only time he ever has placed a shepard and we finish 2nd to the Blues in a Grand final by a point after Ginnivan is rubbed out. That off season we all curse the fact that we didn't get the Schultz trade over the line because we clearly would have won the GF. Oh and Richards wins the rising star (in the universe 25 year olds can still be eligible) and he signs a 10 year deal on minimum wage.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back