List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

It was widely reported Ginnivan reconsidered his future with us after we showed interest in Schultz

Richards is now considering his future with us, which would be why? For more opportunities (and a longer deal)

You can attempt to spin this however you feel comfortable. But it doesn’t change the fact that the trade - particularly in hindsight, has turned out bad for us and seems to continue to come back to bite us with each new turn of events

If Richards is considering his future with us, opportunities would be a major reason for it.

If we didn’t have Schultz, do you not think Richards would have played more games and would be playing more games going forward?
Ginnivan reconsidered his future with us after his exit meeting with Fly when he was told to lift his act off field, on field and his professionalism in general.

If we get pick 20 I sincerely hope we keep it off limits in trades and invest it on the best KPP available in the draft. There are quite a few rated around that point.
I’m no expert, but from what I’ve seen on baseline footy this draft is stacked at the top end. It would need to be something tasty for me to move 20!

That’s absolute garbage! We’d had enough of brand Ginnivan and his antics so we went hard at a better player for our system in Shoota. We then did a Lukocious and encouraged him to consider his options. It was never lead by Ginnivan he just never twigged we were serious like a heart attack on what his off field antics would do for his career at Collingwood.

To reiterate a better player limiting the opportunities of a lesser player is not the problem of the better player. What part of that is spin? Richards has a better contract in front of him from another club hence why he’s weighing his options.

The crux of the issue is your views on Shoota don’t align with the clubs. You’re then allowing his trade cost to cloud your judgement entirely. The hypocrisy of your posting (as highlighted by EM) is just a thinly veiled swipe at Shoota and I’m going to go super hard in his defense if you want to make an argument out of it.
BOOM 💥

With Petraca’s health worries is really worth more than a future 1st and say pick 20? Maybe throw in one of our young Rucks and another young fringe player with potential… I know well unders for a fully fit Petraca at his prime but that’s not what I think you will be getting. Would Richmond really stump up for x2 first rounders for him?
It might be the only way they can sell memberships for the next 3 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fly wasn’t kidding when he said we would be aggressive.
Davies and Peatling would be two bargain basement types that would fix an immediate need and balance to our list in the Lipinski mould.
If we got those two alone somehow I’d be thrilled, adds youth to our mids and sets us up well.

Basically you could do

JFN and a pick for Davies + Pick 20

Send Pick 20 over for Peatling

Send a second/third over for Keane

Acquire Tomlinson as cheap depth

That would be a nice period

If we got those two alone somehow I’d be thrilled, adds youth to our mids and sets us up well.

Basically you could

JFN+ pick for Davies + Pick 20

Pick 20 for Peatling

Send a second over for Keane

20 for Peatling sounds excessive personally
I reckon our pick 30 or so is plenty
He’s basically another Lipinski type who we got for pick in the 40s

Last edited:
Fly wasn’t kidding when he said we would be aggressive.
Davies and Peatling would be two bargain basement types that would fix an immediate need and balance to our list in the Lipinski mould.

I suspect our SSP boys are gone if we're targetting these blokes.

I haven't paid too much attention to Davies, but he seems to have some fans in here. What do we like about him?
Similar to Peatling, lack of opportunity due to star midfield but when he has got chances he’s shown a lot

He got a decent run when Touk was injured and did well

Basically you could do

JFN and a pick for Davies + Pick 20

Send Pick 20 over for Peatling

Send a second/third over for Keane

That would be a nice period
I thought Peatling was a free agent.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back