List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

"Petracca seems to think he can get to carlton."

See, this is why I can’t stand the Morris’ and the McClures of the world.

They make up so much shit (eventually one of their bullshit lies will be correct)

We’re so far out from trade week, Petracca hasn’t said a word.

Morris being the RM Williams, Cheese platter MCC type that he is being in the know at Melbourne most likely got his whispers from Pert.

I’ve lost faith listening to these weasels.

If anyone’s interested I heard this on Sen today.

Do you think he hasn’t officially nominated a club yet because it is in fact the blues and their season is still going?

Ie why hasn’t he just come out and says it is us given we are done now?
I think with this one he doesn't get to nominate a club. Melbourne need an acceptable deal or they won't trade him.

See, this is why I can’t stand the Morris’ and the McClures of the world.

They make up so much shit (eventually one of their bullshit lies will be correct)

We’re so far out from trade week, Petracca hasn’t said a word.

Morris being the RM Williams, Cheese platter MCC type that he is being in the know at Melbourne most likely got his whispers from Pert.

I’ve lost faith listening to these weasels.

If anyone’s interested I heard this on Sen today.

Yes I listened to Gazey talking about his chat with Petracca. Not surprising the bloke is upset about a lot of bs being thrown around in the media.

How betrayed would he feel that private discussions held in his exit meeting have been leaked & no doubt misconstrued & exaggerated by grubby journo's. As if he didn't feel let down enough by the club.

These journo's are so desperate for Petracca to speak publicly. Meanwhile he's keeping dignified by remaining silent, imo.

Petracca to Blues. DeGoey, and pick 26 (Noble to Suns for pick 26) to Melb and McKay to Collingwood?
We need another midfielder to add to what we have .. which includes Jordy.

Why on earth would we be trading him out? We'd be worse off & needing 2 more gun midfielders..

And he wouldn't want to go to that shit hole. He took less $ to stay with us when Saints came calling.

We need another midfielder to add to what we have .. which includes Jordy.

Why on earth would we be trading him out? We're back to needing another gun midfielder..

And he wouldn't want to go to that shit hole. He took less $ to stay with us when Saints came calling.
which is why we are looking at cheaper options.
Its the only realistic way for us.

Being linked to inside mids and a taller defender is good. We weren't far off of last year in 2024. Two big issues were 1) no Murphy, meaning Frampton and Dean having to play and 2) De Goey and Mitchell not playing or not fully fit. Having to play Sullivan, Macrae, Long.

We need more inside mid cover at the least. I'd prefer a full replacement of Mitchell - we need to get younger. A Murphy replacement is required, Frampton does not fit in our backline.

I don't think Petracca is completely impossible. Not an advocate for it unless we move on JDG (not a fan of that either) - swap of players at similar age profile. He's not going to name a club until there is a path to a deal. There's no point nominating and then a deal having no chance of getting done.

My number 1 priority is the medium to longer term. Need to build as strong and as young a squad as possible around Nick, don't have enough close to his age.

I was reluctant to post this as we all hate nonsense twitter accounts but let me start with some context.

The Trade Preacher is a twitter account that popped up last year. They don't tweet that much and barely engage with replies to tweets. In a world of rumours and bullshit at least they're trying to stick to being quality over quantity.

Their first tweet last year was on October 2 in relation to Taylor Adams' management contacting Sydney about a move, long before it came up anywhere else.

Had a few things over the trade period either change or not eventuate, including North asking the question of Haynes, Lobb to Melbourne and a few others, but otherwise had early mail on:

Hamling to Sydney

Coffield to the dogs

Chol to Hawks

Duursma to Essendon

Was also the one who said Ginnivan had met with Richmond and Hawthorn 6 days before Edmund reported that the Hawks were in the box seat.

Going back on the Twitter timeline, there may have been some stuff that was common media knowledge at the time, but the Adams and Ginnivan ones stood out like dog's balls at the time.

So here's the tweet:

Now... This might not be true. But there is SOME form there, hence me posting.

However, I can't for the life of me work out the Carlton link or McKay mention. Let alone DeGoey.

Maybe McKay does go to Melbourne but Petracca comes to us and Carlton get Quaynor/picks/whatever.

Anyway, watch this space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And how does Carlton fit Petracca in their salary cap without giving up someone on big coin?

Sam Walsh, Weitering, Cripps, Curnow, McKay, De Koning, Cerra. I think the dud contracts of McGovern and Zac Williams are done.

If they don't, then the salary cap is a bigger than I already think it is.

I’d like to know what Geelong are offering the Dogs for Bailey Smith

I was reluctant to post this as we all hate nonsense twitter accounts but let me start with some context.

The Trade Preacher is a twitter account that popped up last year. They don't tweet that much and barely engage with replies to tweets. In a world of rumours and bullshit at least they're trying to stick to being quality over quantity.

Their first tweet last year was on October 2 in relation to Taylor Adams' management contacting Sydney about a move, long before it came up anywhere else.

Had a few things over the trade period either change or not eventuate, including North asking the question of Haynes, Lobb to Melbourne and a few others, but otherwise had early mail on:

Hamling to Sydney

Coffield to the dogs

Chol to Hawks

Duursma to Essendon

Was also the one who said Ginnivan had met with Richmond and Hawthorn 6 days before Edmund reported that the Hawks were in the box seat.

Going back on the Twitter timeline, there may have been some stuff that was common media knowledge at the time, but the Adams and Ginnivan ones stood out like dog's balls at the time.

So here's the tweet:

However, I can't for the life of me work out the Carlton link or McKay mention. Let alone DeGoey.

Maybe McKay does go to Melbourne but Petracca comes to us and Carlton get Quaynor/picks/whatever.

I would be really pissed if we gave up Jordy & IQ for Petracca.

Perhaps I'm on my lonesome in that thinking, but we don't know what version of Christian we'd be getting.

And we could end up losing a small forward in Richards & HB in Noble to top it off.

Last edited:
I would be really pissed if we gave up Jordy & IQ for Petracca.

Perhaps I'm in my lonesome in that thinking, but we don't know what version of Christian we'd be getting.

And we could end up losing a small forward in Richards & HB in Noble to top it off.
Not worth losing multple best 22 players for one player, as good as he was.. who knows, like you said, what he will be like post injury. Less alone the mental scars.

Surely we aren't gonna let both IQ and Noble leave.
Leaves a big hole in our run.
I love Q, but he hasn’t been as damaging from half back as he should be. His role should be to shut down a small and attack with run and kicking skills through the middle. I feel he kind of lost that this year.

Petracca is an upgrade over both De Goey and Mitchell, especially the latter. I would think the logic of going after a mid in their prime when we have several ageing midfielders would be obvious.
Well obviously he is better but how do we fit all these players into the team? I just see no real plan behind it, just going for the big fish for the sake of it.

Not worth losing multple best 22 players for one player, as good as he was.. who knows, like you said, what he will be like post injury. Less alone the mental scars.
I prefer Petracca stay at Melbourne now.

I don't want to give up what's been suggested to get him.

And I definitely don't want Blues to get him either. He can stay at the Dees where he does less damage 🤣

Hamling to Sydney

Coffield to the dogs

Chol to Hawks

Duursma to Essendon

So here's the tweet:

He's pretty accurate.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back