List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Keane, Tomlinson, Hobbs, Peatling, Davies all very average players bit of a St Kilda scatter gun approach. We are the Collingwood Football Club go get me Christiano Petracco
What did you think of the end of 2022 trade haul at the time?

I think we're in that same position again - a few holes have opened that we need to clog and can probably do so relatively cheaply.

I agree with Fly's press conference list the other day, we need a KPD, an inside mid and a couple of wingman - a KPF would be nice, but upgrading from McStay and Mihocek wouldn't be worth the cost.

What did you think of the end of 2022 trade haul at the time?

I think we're in that same position again - a few holes have opened that we need to clog.

I agree with Fly's press conference list the other day, we need a KPD, an inside mid and a couple of wingman - a KPF would be nice, but upgrading from McStay and Mihocek wouldn't be worth the cost.
Tom Mitchell, Bobby hill, Dan McStay? I thought they were much better players than the ones we are linked to atm

This Petracca story will be fascinating to watch unfold.

I suspect Carlton will try really hard to get McKay to agree to go. If they can then the deal will find a way, if not….reckon relationships at Carlton will be strained.

Tom Mitchell, Bobby hill, Dan McStay? I thought they were much better players than the ones we are linked to atm
I did too, but admittedly I've got no ****ing idea who these blokes we're linked to are - even Keane I haven't really watched much whilst at the Crows.

I would have really liked a free agent like Battle, but seems they're now going for ridiculous contracts with clubs having space due to the latest cap increase.

I suspect Carlton will try really hard to get McKay to agree to go. If they can then the deal will find a way, if not….reckon relationships at Carlton will be strained.

I hope McKay says no.

Then has a bad 2025 and requests a trade then.

Garry Lyon is doing MFC no favours this morning on SEN. He sounds bitter and is ridiculing “Brand Petracca”.

Certainly won’t help sooth the relationship with Christian and family.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah the 'Boys Club' in the media are really going after Trac. It's fascinating viewing. Maybe they know deep down that he's going to be a Magpie next year and simply can't handle it.

Call me naive.

But... if we take on his salary and provide Melbourne with fringe player - aren't Melbourne getting a better deal? They would have massive cap space to pick up someone else and also have the option of another player to rotate through their AFL/VFL teams for absolutely no cost.

Remove the emotion, the 7 year deal... everything. On face value it looks quite a good option on their side, and they can have a free swing at any slightly younger up-and-comer, or free agent.

Say that again.

Was the same last night on Fox also. Seemed really against Petracca. Im sorry Garry, but Christian doesnt have to suck it up if the culture is that terrible at Melbourne. Yes he signed a long term contract, but he can still be unhappy with the way the club is going

Yeah it's like saying that Garry's wife shouldn't have left him, even though he cheated on her flat out.

When evidence changes then so does your opinion to want to get the hell out of there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dees are so on the nose at the moment that the deal will have to be draft picks. They're not getting a gun to shift there - unless the money is way over.

Apparently Petracca's dad still has pictures of Peter Daicos on the wall at home!!!
True, he also has replaced Christian's with Nick over the last 3 yrs.

Yeah it's like saying that Garry's wife shouldn't have left him, even though he cheated on her flat out.

When evidence changes then so does your opinion to want to get the hell out of there.
Gaz has gone full grumpy old man since he went to Fox.

Robbo was the same last night on 360, he said Trac should quote “suck it up princess”. The hell? The man nearly died you campaigner

What picks do Blues have?

I know I could google, but if someone knows off the top of their head..
Currently, 11, 31 and then a bunch in the 60’s. They’ll need the ones after their first to match bids for the Camporeale twins, so it’s basically 11 and their future first they’d have to work with in a trade.

Gaz has gone full grumpy old man since he went to Fox.

Robbo was the same last night on 360, he said Trac should quote “suck it up princess”. The hell? The man nearly died you campaigner
I’d like to see Robbo cope with that injury.

Fact - Trac was cleared by the club to return to the field with life threatening injuries.

Fact - Our players would not touch him for fear of his health.

Fact - Even BT noticed Trac was severely injured.

Melbourne let Trac down badly. He doesn’t have to forgive that.

Leeroy’s post hit all the key markers on why I’m a fan. I think he can fill that first possession role well if given the opportunity with the potential to be a high level performer. I haven’t seen enough to confirm or question manicpie and his assessment of Peatling’s pace and I’m not 100% on his ball handling, but I’ll back in the club if they chase him.

What put him on my radar was his last quarter v St Kilda in Rd 5 culminating in the match saving mark. He put his head over it when the game was on the line and he really stood up late season to drive their finals push with the highlight that breakout performance v Melbourne followed up by his BOG match v the Lions (16 coaches votes across those games). His trade cost sits at a similar level to Richards, but it’s that potential ceiling which has it as a “moneyball” type move which I think we need to get back to.
Just get him to the Pies, I can do that for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back