List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

How would the scum fit him under their salary cap?
Back to the brown paper bag days.
i assume carlton is the realistic option because they have players whom melbourne might accept in a trade, like Mckay for example. In which case they effectively be trading his salary for petraccas so salasry cap wouldnt be an issue.

He has wanted to go to Collingwood for ages… inside knowledge (I have).
I suspect he stays put if he can’t get to the Pies.
It’s a Mexican stand-off.
He had his choice back in 2021. Before he re-signed.
Except we were shit that year lol

Barrett said his number 1 preference is Collingwood. Carlton is his realistic preference
We'd need to make a big move to get the recruiting chips, but not impossible.

Carlton much closer to being able to get it done. They would probably have to make a big salary cap move as well as adding to their current and future first - probably pick 11 this year and you'd value next years in the teens - particularly if they add Petracca. Would they push a gun to get it done?

I actually think we'd be more likely to be aggressive and push a player out - but not sure if we have anyone that would get us the chips that we'd be willing to push.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got it, you said if we trade next years first you can guarantee a bottom 3 finish, don't agree. Then I asked you which clubs with really good father/sons have kept their first round pick under the current rules, get back to me.
No, you still don’t get it.
What I’m saying has absolutely nothing to do with who we trade for those picks.

It was that recently when we have traded out our future 1st, we end up underperforming. Ie. playing finals in 2020, and trading our future 1st in 2020 and we finished 2nd last in 2021.

In 2023 we traded our future 1st and went from premiers to dropping outside the 8.

Again, I repeat, my comment has absolutely nothing to do with the players/picks we traded out our 1st for. It was that we have funnily enough performed worse the following year than we expected.

Hence I said if we trade out next years 1st, we’ll probably finish lower again.

You need to lighten up a bit.

Yes, they traded it, you thought you could one up but reinforced my point so welldone.
You were responding to a poster who was talking about trading future first rounders, not current ones. Either you completely missed his point, or you’re shifting the goal posts of the argument to try to avoid embarrassment. Either way it’s not looking particularly good for you Carl.

There’s a lot to play out but I’m not sure why we’re being counted out. We’ve already got one first rounder, we could potentially play hardball for another with Noble and Richards likely will net as a 2nd rounder. We would still need a bit extra but we wouldn’t need too much more than that.
Lipinski went for pick 43. Anything to suggest Noble or Richards will get a pick in the low 20s???

We'd need to make a big move to get the recruiting chips, but not impossible.

Carlton much closer to being able to get it done. They would probably have to make a big salary cap move as well as adding to their current and future first - probably pick 11 this year and you'd value next years in the teens - particularly if they add Petracca. Would they push a gun to get it done?

I actually think we'd be more likely to be aggressive and push a player out - but not sure if we have anyone that would get us the chips that we'd be willing to push.
we could always take McKay off their hands

If GC give Richmond pick 6 alone for Rioli, we should ask the question of 13 for Noble. It will still leave enough points for Lombard.

Or if we can get 20 and something else, trade with Brisbane. Package that by with a F1 and hopefully that’s close enough for Trac. Maybe Richards could go there?

I can't say without the source knowing it was me who posted it on BF. Would love to come to us, ala Chris Judd. But knows Blues likely get a deal done

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Can't see how Carlton can fit Trac in their salary cap, i know we have no chance but looks like his options are very little and with his contract still being 5 years makes it very hard to restructure

Lipinski went for pick 43. Anything to suggest Noble or Richards will get a pick in the low 20s???
Lippa was a fringe player that couldn't get a regular role at the dogs
Noble has played over 100 games for us
Richards well, has come quickly on the scene. His value is unknown.

we could always take McKay off their hands
With the Melbourne shitshow, I do think it's more realistic that the Blues trade a gun elsewhere for cap relief and draft picks to trade rather than any of their quality players agreeing to Melbourne. Anyone they want to move is in the Treloar boat and will have full choice of clubs without them being able to direct them to their club of choice.

Last edited:
Only two from that list l would be happy with, Davies and Peatling....
Keane sounds like he's undecided wether he actually wants to be in Australia or not. He comes across as very unsettled in whether he wants an AFL career, or he wants to be living in Ireland. Hobbs an Adams type, couldn't get into an Essendon side towards the end of the season that was struggling, probably 50/50 on him as a potential recruit and Lukosius, lazy footballer who's a utility. Not sure if he's the type of player we actually need or want...

Hobbs is actually the one I most want. Essendon just have too many inside mids, particularly Parish, in that role. Very hard to tip out a senior player to give the younger player a shot in that situation. Especially since they were trying to push for finals. Even if that player could ultimately be superior.

He was easily the best inside mid of his draft. If we can get him for whatever we get for Noble that would be a win IMO.

lipinski wasn't a regular for the Bulldogs in his last few years there, Noble has played far more games in the last 2 years than Lipinski did at the dogs
personally i think we can get pick 26 for him considering he is under contract

Richards on the other hand is a new player, the fact another club has offered him a 4yr deal bumps up his price.
future 2nd rounder is what i would be pushing for if he decided to leave

Petracca, De Goey and Naicos next year…

Three Amigos GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back