List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Players we have left which aren't re-signed per Zerohanger.
Do they have it correct?

Jack Bytel,
Charlie Dean,
Joshua Eyre,
Nathan Kreuger,
Ned Long,
Oleg Markov,
Reef McInnes,
Wil Parker,
Joe Richards,
Lachie Sullivan

The only ones I would definitely keep from that list would be McInnes, Parker and Richards

Unless they are in absolute strife - and in the absence of Covid cap reductions/freezes - clubs can always move things around. Without delving too far into capology, we could find plenty of dollars in 25 by backending Moore, Daicii, IQ, etc. Then the year after we will have a lot of veterans coming off the books.

Finding something to satisfy Melbourne is the hard bit, not finding cap space.
Unless we have already backended many contracts. Tracs contract apparently is about 1.35 million a year, that's a lot of backending.

Last edited:
Nah you cant judge him like that. He has more pride and character than Beams would ever have.

Dont do Petracca like that

A scorned player who has is well liked among the AFL , watch out i say

Perhaps. But it’s far from risk-free so needs to be done at a significantly discounted trade price. He’s no longer a Horne-Francis, Daicos or Harley Reid, who all have a decade of top level output ahead of them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This just seems like a major stretch. What is there to indicate he will be in any way different physically? Mentally, we have seen players come back from serious damage to internal organs before too.

If he was in the condition you suppose "in terms of dollars and picks", then an offer of a F1, Allan and a pick in the 20s would be laughed at.

I don’t know what condition he is in. Neither do you. But he’s turning 29 and there are question marks. He still hasn’t been allowed to work out at a heart rate exceeding 100bpm, what, two months after the injury? That’s brisk walk level of exercise.

And after such a long break, will he still have the hunger? The willingness to run himself into the ground and fearlessly out his body on the line?

Given the uncertainties and age, we shouldn’t be mortgaging the farm to get him. It needs to be at bargain trade price to reflect the risk.

I don’t know what condition he is in. Neither do you. But he’s turning 29 and there are question marks. He still hasn’t been allowed to work out at a heart rate exceeding 100bpm, what, two months after the injury? That’s brisk walk level of exercise.

And after such a long break, will he still have the hunger? The willingness to run himself into the ground and fearlessly out his body on the line?

Given the uncertainties and age, we shouldn’t be mortgaging the farm to get him. It needs to be at bargain trade price to reflect the risk.

I'm sure I heard somewhere from Petracca that he will be going overseas in the offseason to do a fitness camp. The guy is a pro.

If he doesn't get back to his best, it won't be through a lack of trying.

I'm sure I heard somewhere from Petracca that he will be going overseas in the offseason to do a fitness camp. The guy is a pro.

I agree. And for the record, he’s on a par with the Bont in my book as the best players in the comp. Or at least he was, pre-injury.

Like you I want to believe that he’ll return just as good. But nobody knows. And for that reason and his age, any deal has to be done at a significant discount to his previous fair value.

He would thrive with us.

I've been thinking (hard to believe I know). With Carlton and Melbourne dealing with Petracca, it's time to swoop on Houston.

Houston traded for our future 1st and Richards. (Might need a little more)

Davies + pick 34 traded for Noble

Peatling traded for pick 34

Might need a bit more currency to get it all done but that gets us:

Houston, Davies and Peatling. That's a perfect draft haul in my eyes.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back