List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Just offering my two cents, but this little tidbit about John Noble from Cal Twomey to me speaks volumes about the difference in character between Noble and someone like Ginnivan.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why on earth would TDK want to go to the basket case that is MFC, especially when he can stay put on big money and and contend for Premierships?

Nobody in their prime will willingly move the MFC. Look how quickly Houston withdrew his interest.

The only players likely to go to MFC would be former guns like Caleb Daniel, Jack Macrae and Luke Parker, who are on the slide at their clubs but wanting to continue playing.

For that reason, I continue to believe that Richmond are in the box seat. They don't have to convince any players to move - they will have first and second round draft picks galore. No other team can come close to matching what the Tigers can offer MFC for a Petracca trade. And if it really drags out near the deadline, he might just cave in and agree.
$$$$$

No.
Trade Cameron to Melbourne to get out Petracca to us.
That’s the type of stuff that has to happen.
(Hey, I personally wouldn’t do it, but that’s the type of stuff that needs to happen if we are serious).
Then who becomes our ruck man?

Doesn't help out our new whiz bang midfielders if we don't have a decent ruck 🥴

Look how well it went for Dees, Gawn & Brodie when we gave them our last one.

Yeah, that would defeat the purpose.

Apparently Soldo already wants out?
Guys… you ain’t getting a gun without paying for it.
Same principle for any dodo Carlton supporters. Petracca ain’t going there for love. They need to hand over something good that Melbourne needs.
Melbourne really want a good fwd/ruck ie TDK/Cameron
Or decent mid/fwd ie Hollands McCreery/Richards.

No.
(Hey, I personally wouldn’t do it, but that’s the type of stuff that needs to happen if we are serious).
We would trade picks or bring in another club in this instance, you would think we wouldn't send our boys to a drug camp, we wouldn't disrespect them or put them in harms way.
Even if it was a respectful club, Darcy would be off the table, he's not Grundy with a huge contract that we're trying to get rid of or have inform rucks in the 2s that are just as good, the young ones aren't ready yet.
Cox is too old to go all season on his own and Frampton isn't the answer either. No ifs, buts or maybes. It's just no.

This what Carlton coughed up for (probably) the best midfielder of the past 30 years.
He was just over his peak. 24 years old. His groins were starting to wear.
At that stage of his career he was a far better player than Petracca.
Nobody needs to get involved in Melbourne’s delusions of 3 first round picks for a pudgy, 29 year/old that is still recovering from massive internals injuries that nobody with half a brain would ever say has ever been as good as Chris Judd.
If Melbourne is not prepared to negotiate sensibly, they can hold onto their disillusioned, bitter, pretend pasta chef.
IMG_2298.png

Beams didn’t have mental health problems until he suddenly did. The year before we got him, he was a gun. Nobody knows what will happen with Petracca. But right now he’s bunkered down, hiding from an intense media circus, battling back from a big injury and clearly has some emotional baggage to work out of his system. I too hope he returns fully to his magnificent best but it’s far from certain and we should not be paying a trade cost as though he’s a shiny new Ferrari because he simply is not. A risk discount needs to be built into whatever price we’re willing to pay.

As an aside, if turning-29 Petracca is worth say two first rounders and $1.2m salary, what is Harley Reid worth? Or Nick Daicos? Must be 4 or 5 first rounders by the same yardstick?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.

Yes he did. He was seemingly just managing them better. Same at Collingwood when he arrived. His injury issues seemed the trigger for falling off the wagon.

Last edited:
No.
As good as Cameron is, I’d trade him to Melbourne for Trak. I’d trade him to Richmond in a 3way deal for Trak.
Have we another option Richmond would take? IQ?

We can pick up a spare parts ruck man to work with Cox while we develop Smit or Steene. Haven’t followed Soldo, is he an option? Goldstein?

Trak is a top 5 player in the league opportunity. Think Bontempelli , Cripps, Daicos.
Cameron is not at that level.
And we know we don’t over value rucks.

People comment on not wanting to see Cripps, Walsh and Trak together.
How about JDG, Daicos and Trak?
And all of them can switch forward with devastating effect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murphy is another. (on the senior list)
With Begg's delisting it evens up the rookie list to allowed limit of 6
If Noble's trade goes through, thats 2 senior list spots available.

We may do 2 in the trade and 3 in the draft. So 5 list spots need to be available.
We'll have 2 (murphy, noble) then 3 from the above list.
Given we have interest in a mid, I can't see all of sullivan, bytel and Long staying.
Maybe we can delist and rookie krueger to spare up a senior list spot, if we have a rookie spot available, which means letting one of the rookies go.

Thanks Jen,

My early forecasted changes below ignoring rookie/senior list maneuvers and ignoring the netted out changes from the MSD with Murph/Crarmichael.

IN: M.Keane (trade), A.Davies (trade), draft pick1, draft pick2, draft pick3
OUT: A.Begg (delisted), J.Noble (trade), L.Sullivan (delisted), J.Bytel (delisted), J.Eyre (delisted)

Optimistically assuming Richards stays. Maybe there is scope buy out Ash Johnson too if we need to free up another list spot?

I also hoping we avoid going down the SSP route with any of those 3 available list spots. Back in the youngsters at the draft.

Just offering my two cents, but this little tidbit about John Noble from Cal Twomey to me speaks volumes about the difference in character between Noble and someone like Ginnivan.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dimma must be a big Noble fan. Maybe Noble becomes part of their leadership group?

Thanks Jen,

My early forecasted changes below ignoring rookie/senior list maneuvers and ignoring the netted out changes from the MSD with Murph/Crarmichael.

OUT: A.Begg (delisted), J.Noble (trade), L.Sullivan (delisted), J.Bytel (delisted), J.Eyre (delisted)

Optimistically assuming Richards stays. Maybe there is scope buy out Ash Johnson too if we need to free up another list spot?

I also hoping we avoid going down the SSP route with any of those 3 available list spots. Back in the youngsters at the draft.
My understanding is they are delisting a lot more rookies than just Begg. And I think they will delist a few like AJ if no one trades for them. With the promise to re rookie if available

Thanks Jen,

Eyre delisted, hasn't had a chance :/ Also Peatling over Davies please

That preparation thing about Dusty is/was a complete furphy.

It has been stated over and over again by teammates and coaches alike that he was meticulous in his rehab from injuries and was pretty much the best trainer at the club.

Dusty wasn’t Gary Ablett Snr in his approach. It just seems to be something people have picked up and ran with since the cliff came so quickly for him.
I appreciate that you have concerns over Petracca’s longevity, but he’s not comparable to Dusty for three reasons:

1. Dusty never wanted the limelight whereas Petracca is planning to leverage that if he can get to a new club.

2. Dusty had nothing else to achieve. Sure if Petracca has a further 2 premierships to his name after his next five years at Collingwood he may pull up stumps, but who amongst us will second guess the trade if we land 2 of the next 5 flags?

3. The passing of Dusty’s father. This clearly played a big part in him losing his passion for the game.

Dusty had more left in the tank physically, but emotionally he was spent and Petracca strikes me as a very different cat on that front and more in the Danger/ Pendles mould of wanting to extract every last bit of juice from the orange.

I don’t understand this (in response to the tweet, not you TD). Won’t Richmond already be struggling to meet the minimum cap requirements before Lynch leaves? Or is there a presumption of a number of other big fish joining the Tigers. Because I don’t see it.

I don’t understand this (in response to the tweet, not you TD). Won’t Richmond already be struggling to meet the minimum cap requirements before Lynch leaves? Or is there a presumption of a number of other big fish joining the Tigers. Because I don’t see it.

Lynch won’t be part of their next build - better off getting him off the books whilst they wallow at the bottom. Front load player contracts now so they can build a, you guessed it, War Chest!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back