List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

A few years back he said during an interview that he had never gone for a run as long as 5k before. Possibly the most extraordinary utterance I have heard from a modern day footballer.
A friend of mine went to Essendon training last year. And had this conversation:

What injury does Stringer have?
None that I know of
But he can't run properly
That's just Stringer. He always trains like that.

"Speaking on the How They Trainpodcast, the Bombers livewire opened up on the hard work he put in last summer that led to his brilliant season, revealing he’d never been taught how to run long distance or covered such mileage before in AFL training.

"“It was more just get out and pound the pavement and learn how to do that. Because before I probably hadn’t ran over 2kms straight in eight years,” Stringer said."

Taught to run long distance??

Don’t you just start running, it doesn’t need much thought let alone someone to teach you!

Couldn’t imagine Fly got much conversation, just a few grunts and fart noises coming back in that lunch meet.

Big NO

Taught to run long distance??

Don’t you just start running, it doesn’t need much thought let alone someone to teach you!

Couldn’t imagine Fly got much conversation, just a few grunts and fart noises coming back in that lunch meet.

Big NO
I'm hoping Fly is such a nice guy that whenever a player/manager requests a meeting, he'd say yes. Not because he's interested in the player 🤣

Hopefully we didn't instigate it.

A friend of mine went to Essendon training last year. And had this conversation:

None that I know of
I kind of respect that he can get away with it. He never learnt how to run far because he never had to.

Reminds me of a very talented mate of mine who ended up at Hawthorn. Big marking full forward. Immediately latched onto Dunstall and a few others as the slow lazy runners who would take short cuts on their runs from Glenferrie to the Boulevard. Problem was that the other lazy ones were established footballers. My pal was not. And he was also a one-position player at a club that already had a decent full forward. Many reserves games and one senior match was probably a poor return for his talent.

I'm hoping Fly is such a nice guy that whenever a player/manager requests a meeting, he'd say yes. Not because he's interested in the player 🤣

Hopefully we didn't instigate it.
And it certainly wouldn't be hard to get Stringer to go anywhere after he hears the magic words, "free lunch".

Irrespective of his personality, I don't mind Stringer if he comes dirt cheap. He is only 30, I think, so should easily have 2+ years in him.

Playing for essendogs in front of 30K after loading up on 5 big macs versus playing in front of 90K and dealing with the consequence of f***ing up... now that should be motivation enough.

Also as someone rightly pointed out... scores more goals than majority of our forwards have in the last decade. That's a risk worth taking I reckon

Bomber fans don't even want Stringer.

That tells you everything. He's lazy af.
I know he is lazy but he can play, with all our veterans we are trying to win it next year, there wouldn't be many more talented options possibly available at a price we could afford, doubt it will happen anyway, can't see him leaving Essendon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know he is lazy but he can play, with all our veterans we are trying to win it next year, there wouldn't be many more talented options possibly available at a price we could afford, doubt it will happen anyway, can't see him leaving Essendon
With all our veterans...all the more reason not to bring in a lazy, fat veteran.

Just a source inside the club.

It's pretty solid,

Bombers are a bit over the click of Stringer Larverde and Merrett.

Merrett is a big **** when around these 2 and Bombers want to move away from it.

None that I know of
I think in Stringers defense, wasn’t his leg injury so horrific prior to being drafted that it would alter the way he could run?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back