List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't recall ex-players of any club treating someone the way ox and Lyon are with Petracca they were silent on Oliver never went after him like they are Petracca its actually very strange even some in the media are giving him a whack and the same people defended Oliver if I was apart of Petraccas family I would be furious too

I can't recall ex-players of any club treating someone the way ox and Lyon are with Petracca they were silent on Oliver never went after him like they are Petracca its actually very strange even some in the media are giving him a whack and the same people defended Oliver if I was apart of Petraccas family I would be furious too
Not to mention bagging Christian for not speaking publicly to clarify truth from fiction.

I don't recall Oliver speaking publicly during his drama's. Or anyone insisting he should.

Yep. From the outside, this looks their best option, but who leads the charge?
Influential supporter group?.
Has to be from the outside and top down.
So unlikely anything will be done before Trade / draft etc.

which is why this is an interesting watch.

Anyway, don't want to derail this thread any further on this.....i'll just stock up on popcorn in the meantime.

Should have seen how the players and club treated him after the surgery.

People are slowly starting to see how bad Melbourne culture is.

Gary Pert has said Melbourne FC has an 'excellent culture...'
Goodwin said the same at their B&F last year...

I would gladly welcome a guy (Stringer) who can rotate between centre square and forward pocket with De Goey.
If he were to replicate his 42 goal season of 2024, he would comfortably top our goal kicking in 2025.
Grab Peatling and Davies as the eventual Mitchell replacement (assuming Mitchell can get back on the field at all)
Adam Tomlinson to replace Howe (eventually)
If the Petracca deal can be done, that would be the icing on the cake...

If McRae has met with Stringer and his manager, I would suggest that we are very interested- it would be interesting to see how our fitness team get a guy like Stringer to elite fitness levels- and what the results may be...Have we seen Stringer's top level, or is he capable of more...

Gary Pert has said Melbourne FC has an 'excellent culture...'
Goodwin said the same at their B&F last year...

I would gladly welcome a guy (Stringer) who can rotate between centre square and forward pocket with De Goey.
If he were to replicate his 42 goal season of 2024, he would comfortably top our goal kicking in 2025.
Grab Peatling and Davies as the eventual Mitchell replacement (assuming Mitchell can get back on the field at all)
Adam Tomlinson to replace Howe (eventually)
If the Petracca deal can be done, that would be the icing on the cake...

If McRae has met with Stringer and his manager, I would suggest that we are very interested- it would be interesting to see how our fitness team get a guy like Stringer to elite fitness levels- and what the results may be...Have we seen Stringer's top level, or is he capable of more...
Weird that you start off talking about culture & then include wanting a bloke like Stringer.

Look, Iā€™m just gonna put this out there.

I reckon we will get Petracca.

Donā€™t ask me how, but Iā€™ve got a good feeling about this.

In fact, Iā€™ve got a woody.

They're idiots. They think they're sticking up for Melbourne, but are making Melbourne's position shitter.
My thoughts exactly. Honestly the best thing they can do to help Melbourne at the moment is to shut their mouths, because the more negative sentiment they direct towards the guy who almost died while playing for their club, the more public opinion will turn in Tracs favour imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You ever get that tower of seafood? I donā€™t even know what it was called I miss having a corporate credit card

Never got the tower. Unbelievable food though. Some of the best seafood around. The Scampi and salt and pepper prawns were the best in town.

Oliver didnā€™t tell Melbourne heā€™d like to go to Collingwood though.

Does he have a genuine mental health issue or is he just struggling through a few challenges? None of us know but what we do know is his public personae and all weā€™ve heard from him in the media suggests the later. Not sure we need to throw him under the ā€œmental healthā€ bus without solid evidence to support it.
Well he has stated to needing professional help due to PTSD over it and has insomnia because of it.

That's not a normal kinda worried but I'll get over it reaction.

Wether it's long lasting or temporary is anyone's guess, hence the caution.

What happens if he loses his will to take hits or physically put his body on the line. Is he the same player?

Has De Goey ever played a game as good as Petracca's grand final? I can't think of one. I don't think De Goey's best is better than Petracca's. He is also injured more often, and less consistently elite.
DeGoey's Pelim V GWS was pretty special. If I had a choice of the two I'd probably take Petracca though. The idea of trading DeGoey is just robbing Peter to pay Paul imo. Having both of them would be an awesome combination. If it was one or the other I'd stick with what we've got

DeGoey's Pelim V GWS was pretty special. If I had a choice of the two I'd probably take Petracca though. The idea of trading DeGoey is just robbing Peter to pay Paul imo. Having both of them would be an awesome combination. If it was one or the other I'd stick with what we've got

Depends if DeGoey's groin is as bad as we fear it may be though.

I really hope we can get him to full fitness again.

Especially with Petracca in the side!

Perhaps they know he's made up his mind to leave.

Yeah I'm surprised to hear that type of negativity about Merrett.

Not so surprised about Scott. Always thought he was an arseh*le.
A young bloke who is a friend of our family played under Scott for years at North and he said all of the above and more regarding his talking to favorites and ignoring others. He could not stand him and he was getting a regular game.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back