List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Finding God, or Jesus, or Mohamed doesn’t automatically erase your past. The bloke is an absolute stain for what he’s done, and there’s nothing he can do to change that.
What's he done? Tell us.
Or better still shut up about it.

A quote fro your post:
“That post got nowhere near to laying out the elements required for Petracca to mount a successful negligence claim”

Again you have assumed we have all the facts - we don’t.
Therefore you are incorrect dismissing the prospect of legal action.

If you want to dismiss his post - then I suggest you do it forensically to add substance to your stonewalling on the subject of negligence.

There is nothing to dismiss if a case hasn’t been made.

I would love to give you a big long post to boost my credibility on BF(it’s one of my life goals - even put it on my vision board) - but I have already stated my position many times.

Go back and look Spinny.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not sure myself. If my memory serves me correctly, he banged someone else's wife but from what I know, that takes 2 consenting adults
That scenario has happened hundreds of times in footy circles.
Lust.
It takes two.

Just on this I find it alarming that this could have been the discussion, but if it were his brain impacted by the contact it would have been an absolute non negotiable that his day was done.
Only because it's been legislated.

I'd be more alarmed if the doc didn't let him know about potential injuries and consequences. The whole footy world saw him writhing around at half time and thought "****. That's more than just a corkie."

Do you really think CP and his family wouldn’t be holding their cards close to their chest?

I think that is naive in the extreme.
Whether they’re withholding relevant information is a guess that you’re making and nothing more. Given that over your posting history you’ve consistently stated that you want to deal with facts, this seems like you’re grasping at straws in order to suit your narrative.
If further facts come to light that change the landscape in regards to a negligence case I’m sure that sideswipe will look at them and change his opinion if needed. Until then, maybe you could just accept that he’s dealing with the actual information available, and making a judgement call based on the actual facts available instead of making up hypotheticals?
Queenie Hearts post had 26 likes the last time I checked, that suggests my view point actually is more mainstream.

Anything else?
The only thing that suggests is that there are at least 26 posters who are hoping there is some sort of bombshell undisclosed info that the Petracca’s have, just like you.
And regardless of whether your view point is popular or not, it doesn’t make it the correct one. Workplace health and safety laws and medical negligence laws aren’t based on popularity contests. Grow up.

I'm not sure myself. If my memory serves me correctly, he banged someone else's wife but from what I know, that takes 2 consenting adults
He cheated on his pregnant fiance' with a 17 year old school girl.

I don’t think there is any right to terminate his playing contract. There is certainly no ability to terminate set out in the SPC.

Petracca isn't standard. I'm pretty sure he has an ICU related contract clause whereby he can choose to be traded to Collingwood for a third round selection.

He went to hospital and it wasn’t until after 8pm that doctors realised the severity of the injury. At 2am he was operated on.

Do you expect doctors at the ground to diagnose a ruptured spleen during a game when doctors in a hospital with more time and equipment took many hours to come to that conclusion?
You don't know what happened at hospital.
I would expect doctors at the ground to be able to distinguish between broken, displaced ribs and cracked ribs.
I would expect doctors at the ground to realise that internal injury is a possibility in these situations
I would expect doctors to realise that sending a player back out on the ground with either broken or cracked ribs puts that player at significant risk of further injury in a high impact contact sport.

I would expect doctors at the ground to carefully watch and monitor a player sent back out to play in such circumstances. If the player was showing signs of extreme discomfort and disability I would expect them to err on the side of caution and get him off ASAP.... I would NOT expect doctors to let a guy in agony, barely able to move, ghostly white remain onfield for 20 minutes when the entire world could see he needed to come off!

Lastly, I would expect the Melbourne coaches to realise that having Tracc on the ground in agony and unable to contribute was not in his best interests or the teams. That they let it go on for 20 minutes was completely inexplicable! The crowd, opposition players, commentators could all see he needed to come off. The experts couldn't see it somehow.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only because it's been legislated.

I'd be more alarmed if the doc didn't let him know about potential injuries and consequences. The whole footy world saw him writhing around at half time and thought "****. That's more than just a corkie."
No totally. I just find it alarming that the level of response from the doctor could be dictated by league legislation. We all know that the league has legislated against head trauma to protect players from themselves so perhaps a discussion needs to be had about taking it further.

He went to hospital and it wasn’t until after 8pm that doctors realised the severity of the injury. At 2am he was operated on.

Do you expect doctors at the ground to diagnose a ruptured spleen during a game when doctors in a hospital with more time and equipment took many hours to come to that conclusion?
that's not how it works. the surgery (and timing) is only indicative of him going into hemorrhagic shock and/or potentially needing his spleen removed (grade V).

upon admission, they will have known as soon as CT was conducted that his spleen was damaged and likely 'severity'.

treatment options for grade III/IV is typically non-surgical (or combination of surgical + non-surgical). this is probably where they initially assessed his severity, however, with continued bleeding he required surgical intervention (surgical repair or possible removal).

the question at the ground for the docs isn't do you think he has grade III, IV or V spleen damage, it's do you think he has any spleen damage at all?

did they undertake tests (and read symptoms he was presenting with) in line prof. standard of care to correctly assess /diagnose this?

if they knew (should have known) and they proceeded to jab him and send him back out, there is a strong case

While everyone is piling into the Melbourne doctors, can we venture back to their treatment of Brayshaw? Maybe they let him play on one too many times or let him back out on to the field one too many
times.
There has still been no public discussion as to why he wasn’t taken off the ground only a few minutes earlier after receiving a knee to the head (he fell in to it) from Adams in our forward line. For all intents and purposes he should have already been off the ground getting assessed.

that's not how it works. the surgery (and timing) is only indicative of him going into hemorrhagic shock and/or potentially needing his spleen removed (grade V).

upon admission, they will have known as soon as CT was conducted that his spleen was damaged and likely 'severity'.

treatment options for grade III/IV is typically non-surgical (or combination of surgical + non-surgical). this is probably where they initially assessed his severity, however, with continued bleeding he required surgical intervention (surgical repair or possible removal).

the question at the ground for the docs isn't do you think he has grade III, IV or V spleen damage, it's do you think he has any spleen damage at all?

did they undertake tests (and read symptoms he was presenting with) in line prof. standard of care to correctly assess /diagnose this?

if they knew (should have known) and they proceeded to jab him and send him back out, there is a strong case
In pretty sure it was reported that the initial scan didn’t show up the spleen damage and they only found it after another scan when his haemoglobin (no idea if I spelled that right) count dropped dramatically in the middle of the night. Thats when they found the internal bleeding and had to do the emergency surgery.

No totally. I just find it alarming that the level of response from the doctor could be dictated by league legislation. We all know that the league has legislated against head trauma to protect players from themselves so perhaps a discussion needs to be had about taking it further.

I don't really know how it works. But tying into concussion retirements, my assumption is that the doctor actually enforcing his power to rule someone out as being medically unfit to play would only be done based on a proper diagnosis. And that everything short of the doctor declaring someone medically unfit to play is simply medical advice to be followed or not at the will of the player and coaches.

Last edited:
A quote from your post:
“That post got nowhere near to laying out the elements required for Petracca to mount a successful negligence claim”

Again you have assumed we have all the facts - we don’t.
Therefore you are incorrect dismissing the prospect of legal action.

If you want to dismiss his post - then I suggest you do it forensically to add substance to your stonewalling on the subject of negligence.
I think what he or she means is that the elements of a claim are different to the facts. The elements of a negligence claim are the things that need to be established like duty, breach, causation, damage and remoteness. Each of those also has elements or factors to consider/make out for a claim to succeed.
Sideswipe could add more to this but might start billing you :)

I think what he or she means is that the elements of a claim are different to the facts. The elements of a negligence claim are the things that need to be established like duty, breach, causation, damage and remoteness. Each of those also has elements or factors to consider/make out for a claim to succeed.
Sideswipe could add more to this but might start billing you :)

Billing days long gone. Haven’t filled out a timesheet this century!

While everyone is piling into the Melbourne doctors, can we venture back to their treatment of Brayshaw? Maybe they let him play on one too many times or let him back out on to the field one too many
times.
Can’t remember who it was, but think there was a 3rd player who alleged he was pressured back onto the field when he shouldn’t have been. Didn’t Melbourne cop a fine for it during Goodwins tenure?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back