List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a ******* shit trade for us. Basically gave away BK for nothing.

We seriously waited a week to get stuffed in the arse with no lube?

******* hell.
When one of the biggest exponents of the Club can do no wrong ideology says this you better believe it :p

why on earth people think we didn't get at least even in this deal is beyond me.

Seedsman was beyond disappointing after Anzac day and people that think BK is worth a second rounder are kidding themselves, he is lucky to be worth a 3rd rounder.

and for those who call for hine's head seriously can you go have a look at yourself he is one of the best recruiters you will see.

Sorry to interject, but doesn't the fact that we didn't do that deal indicate it wasn't an option? It's clearly a better deal so Melbourne obviously weren't keen on it beause Kennedy just wasn't worth it...

Thats more reason why we should of done seedsman trade seperate and find out how much they really wanted kennedy. If u happy with trade, fair enough, but im not

TradeSENtral with Peter Schwab

James Aish - don't know and still up in the air. Draft picks alone are not enough. Want a player involved. Ryan Bastinac would be a good fit (that's the player they want).

Maybe a three way with North, Pies and Brisbane.

TradeSENtral with Peter Schwab

James Aish - don't know and still up in the air. Draft picks alone are not enough. Want a player involved. Ryan Bastinac would be a good fit (that's the player they want).

Fortunately we will be able to provide them with the pick/s to be able to on-trade to North to get their man.

After being promised Trelaor and Aish this trade period has been shit so far

At least we got the deal done. Howe will slot into the best 22. Time will tell if we paid overs but I don't think we gave up to much considering Kennedy and Seedsman were not clear best 22 players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why on earth did we hav to involve 3 other clubs. Crows always wanted to swap 32 for seedsman. Deal done

Doing a trade for the sake of doing a trade is not good trading. Kennedy was under contract too ffs, that should of given us even more bargaining power.

We caved

As has been mentioned earlier, we need to wait until the end of the traded period to assess our position.

People have seriously overrated the value of seeds an and Kennedy on here. Seed could not cement a spit after 5 years despite him being the type we lack and Kennedy has struggled to take the next step. I know Howe is not a world beater but he has a better track record than these two.

I think you are harsh on Langdon. Best 22.
Aish actually doesnt turn 20 until November. He is very young. Must have just scraped in as an 18 year old in the 2014 draft by days.
Darcy Moore, De Goey will be in our best 22 next year.

Yeah you're probably right, and I have Langdon in mine. Didn't think too much about it just had a quick guess as to whether a player was definitely best 22 at the moment (i.e. Pendles, Cloke, Reid) otherwise put them down as a borderline.

I hope both Moore and De Goey are best 22 but given their age (and team structure) they might still be treated as project players. Depending on structure we'll end up playing 3-4 of Cloke (always), Grundy (probably always), White, Moore, Witts and maybe Reid up forward. Our midfield/wings could run very deep with Pendlebury, Swan, Sidebottom, Adams, Greenwood, Crisp, Varcoe, Broomhead and hopefully Treloar and Aish running through there.

Lions want 2 picks for Aish, one they'll use for Bastinac the other for academy points
No they don't.
They want Bastinac but don't want to give up a pick which impacts their points.
If we can satisfy North, it will be done.

Well it we affect our future position by not having the picks to manourve in the draft.
This years draft will be a non event for us

Once again, we don't know what we will have in the draft because the trade period has not finished yet.

I think it's best to wait and look at the whole trade period to see if we've done well or paid too much. Just looking at one deal in isolation isn't the best way to make a judgement. If we land all three players and still have a second and third round pick this year, then I'll be happy.
That's true but if the likely deals in 2 firsts for Treloar and a second rounder, 2 second rounders for Aish and a second rounder for Freeman combined with the price we've paid for Howe go through it's hard to see us being the winners of this trade period. In fact I'd say this is well below par.

Would Pick 26 to North, Bastinac to Brisbane and Aish to Pies work?
I doubt we would help facilitate Aish's move to Collingwood when it's clear that we're interested in him also. The only way that would occur is if we still haven't convinced Aish to join North by the end of trade week and to then ensure we get something decent for Bastinac. Even then I still doubt we would involve ourselves in any trade that moved Aish to Collingwood and we would just deal with Brisbane separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back