List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 8 senior players to replace on our list.dwyer,young,karnezis,keefe,Thomas,freeman,Kennedy and seedsman.
Hopefully we will have treloar Howe and Aish and frost promoted to senior list.that leaves us with 4 picks in this draft with probably a pick in the 20s our earliest.the other 3 will be list cloggers.

Senior list of 38 with 6 rookies.... JT and Keeffe being two of them.

Just jumped on. Alot of sooks on here. I thought I was on the Carlton forum for a minute there.
Don't understand what the big deal is. Treloar will be done. Leon Cameron has even said as much this afternoon.
Aish likely to be nabbed with 2 2nd rounders (one coming from St Kilda).
Kennedy and Seedsman were not making our team look any better. At least Howe brings something a little different to the team. Kennedy was just another small to add to our other smalls. Seedsman just all over the place. I think Howe could pose a problem with his additional flexibility in the forward line. Also, is versatile enough to play back if need be.

I don't think we gave up much at all to get him.

Never going to improve unless you move people who are not improving on. Otherwise we end up looking like Carlton's list.

With who?

m39! Nuts to promote Gault...I'm just raising possibilities of who will fill list spots

I was a fan of Gault in his first year as a lead up forward...the experiment of trying to teach him in the backline seems to have set him back further than he can recover.
I think he's too weak in the contest, not impressed with his second efforts, and doesn't appear to have the game smarts needed. That's a fair whack to give but that's exactly where he's at.

Last edited:
Superfooty Podcast with Jay Clark, Mick Warner and Sam Landsberger

- James Aish - will get to Pies. Very good deal on offer from North Melbourne. Probably for Pick 26 and maybe a low pick
- Jeremy Howe - seems the info is out of date (they were saying Kennedy and 3rd round for Howe)
- Adam Treloar - Intrigued by the story. Bad blood between two clubs. Not a lot of follow up with op story, but GWS filthy on not knowing about it. Manager's responsible for club's not knowing about it. GWS suspects Pies may have known (we knew about the injury) and unhappy about the insinuation that they misdiagnosed the injury. Apparently it was Tassie Docs who tipped off GWS. AFL ticked off on what happen. They think Pies paying overs.

Thinks with Howe on forward flank, Aish on a wing and Treloar in centre we need to make finals (Sam thinks we could go top four).

We could of traded kennedy and pick 44 for howe and swapped seedsman for pick 32.

Why on earth did we agree to this shit deal

Sorry to interject, but doesn't the fact that we didn't do that deal indicate it wasn't an option? It's clearly a better deal so Melbourne obviously weren't keen on it beause Kennedy just wasn't worth it...

FFS . Days of whinging to get a trade done. Now we do one and immediately meltdown. And before you ask, am I happy? Sort of . We got Howe which is a start. We want to improve our best 22 , not our depth. If we get all we want and it costs us some picks, so be it. Let's see how the rest unfolds.

Can one of our guys do a quick summary of our potential deals?
And what draft picks will be left for us?
I will say one thing? If Hine stuffs up the Aish deal which i doubt , i want his head sack him!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It could be improved by 16! If?
Kennedy pick 44 for Howe
Seedsman pick 28 force the geelong pick of them

I am not that excited by a draft order upgrade to be outraged by it to be honest, you gotta give some to get some. Add to the fact that Melbourne would have baulked at Kennedy & 44.

Seedsman is fair value and Kennedy is lucky to be worth Melbourne's 3rd rounder (about 46).

Melbourne would have wanted a second round draft pick from us for Howe and I am pretty sure we need those up our sleeve for Aish, Treloar etc.

m39! Nuts to promote Gault...I'm just raising possibilities of who will fill list spots

I was a fan of Gault in his first year as a lead up forward...the experiment of trying to teach him in the backline seems to have set him back further than he can recover.
I think he's too weak in the contest, not impressed with his second efforts, and doesn't appear to have the game smarts needed. That's a fair whack to give but that's exactly where he's at.
Apart from the injuries etc, does he have the aggression necessary?

IF this Trade helps us get Treloar I can live with it.

Don't Right Howe off

How is this trade going to help get treloar? The pick 68?
We could of given our own pick 65 if they wanted that.

Hine better reveal a pearl in this treloar trade, like getting pick 20 or 21 from GWS ( the pick they will receive after carlton trade for all those players ) instead of pick 27

Looks like we might have a couple of lean draft years (picks wise, not necessarily quality player wise). In saying that though we have a good young crop of players coming through if the Treloar and Aish trades happen:

Brodie Grundy - turning 22 in 2016 - best 22/could be a star
Tom Langdon - turning 22 - borderline best 22.
Jackson Ramsay - turning 22 - borderline best 22/depth
James Aish - turning 21 - best 22/will be a star
Matt Scharenberg - turning 21 - will be best 22 eventually/could be a star
Jonathon Marsh - turning 21 - borderline best 22
Tim Broomhead - turning 22 - borderline best 22/could be a star
Darcy Moore - turning 20 - borderline best 22/will be a star
Jordan De Goey - turning 20 - borderline best 22/could be a star
Brayden Maynard - turning 20 - showing some promise
Matthew Goodyear - turning 20 - no idea
Brenden Abbot (r) - turning 21 - no idea
Michael Manteit (r) - turning 20 - no idea

To have 9 players 22 or under genuinely pushing for best 22/showing they can be at least effective AFL players (as opposed to just 'playing the kids') is brilliant. If you extend out to players turning 23 you can include Treloar (best 22/star), Adams (best 22), Crisp (best 22) and Williams (best 22). I can see why Hine isn't taking issue with trading out draft picks when we already have some very good talent coming through the ranks. Give me Treloar and Aish over speculative picks any day.

Howe trade doesn't seem great at face value but the truth is we might need to use pick 68 this draft and it's better than using a pick in the 80's or 90's. Kennedy wasn't going to break into our midfield and doesn't seem to be an AFL-quality forward and I think the change of scenery will do Seed good, he still has the potential to be a very good player if he can find consistency.

I think you are harsh on Langdon. Best 22.
Aish actually doesnt turn 20 until November. He is very young. Must have just scraped in as an 18 year old in the 2014 draft by days.
Darcy Moore, De Goey will be in our best 22 next year.

I think it's best to wait and look at the whole trade period to see if we've done well or paid too much. Just looking at one deal in isolation isn't the best way to make a judgement. If we land all three players and still have a second and third round pick this year, then I'll be happy.

How is this trade going to help get treloar? The pick 68?
We could of given our own pick 65 if they wanted that.

Hine better reveal a pearl in this treloar trade, like getting pick 20 or 21 from GWS ( the pick they will receive after carlton trade for all those players ) instead of pick 27
Surely Treloar is the pearl?

Well obviously we couldn't have...

Why on earth did we hav to involve 3 other clubs. Crows always wanted to swap 32 for seedsman. Deal done

Doing a trade for the sake of doing a trade is not good trading. Kennedy was under contract too ffs, that should of given us even more bargaining power.

We caved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back