List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would prefer we add Treloar then stop. The reality is we really won't know where our gaps are for another 12-24 months given how many kids we have developing and trying to find their way. To bring established players to your club you have to offer large coin and/or long deals and it can really restrict your ability to address a need if we find out in a year or two we have too much off one player type and an absence of another.

As a blue print the 2009-2010 period worked well. Finished top 4 in 2009 - knew our gaps and went bang with Jolly and Ball in 2010.

Would like us to get a bit closer to top 4 and have less question marks before we sell the farm

Would prefer we add Treloar then stop. The reality is we really won't know where our gaps are for another 12-24 months given how many kids we have developing and trying to find their way. To bring established players to your club you have to offer large coin and/or long deals and it can really restrict your ability to address a need if we find out in a year or two we have too much off one player type and an absence of another.

As a blue print the 2009-2010 period worked well. Finished top 4 in 2009 - knew our gaps and went bang with Jolly and Ball in 2010.

Would like us to get a bit closer to top 4 and have less question marks before we sell the farm

Something to be said for your thoughts

Yeh nah, a "jolly + Ball" combo may not be available in 2,3,4 years time. But now we need experienced players to help make us a convincing top 4 team.

Not directly related to trade talk 2015 but does anybody feel sorry for Melbourne that we gave them Dawes AND Lumumba? They could have been traded to clubs who were more deserving of a curse....

Dawes netted us pick 20 from the Dees, which we used on Broomhead. To date, I don't think that's been disastrous for the Dees, although Broomhead's injuries probably have a roll in that. Tim should be around for a few more years that Chris in anycase.

Dawes netted us pick 20 from the Dees, which we used on Broomhead. To date, I don't think that's been disastrous for the Dees, although Broomhead's injuries probably have a roll in that. Tim should be around for a few more years that Chris in anycase.

Dawes is shit and was never worth pick 20. I'd rather we ripped a more unlikeable club off. What we did with the pick is irrelevant. That said I like Brromhead and I think we have missed him in teh second half of this season.

and guaranteed easy rebounds for the opposition every time we don't take mark of the year.
I forgot the sarcasm tags :) We don't need all 6 to fly, just Howe and Elliott ;)
In all seriousness, crumbing is something that needs to be addressed is my feeling though. But we haven't played with a lot of tall timber this season, maybe it will improve.

Re- Scharenberg. I believe Mark Stevens has reported that Scharenberg won't sign a new contract until the end of the year.

Source- from another site.

No really news, IMO. Given he hadn't signed yet, he was always going to wait until the end of the year. Whether he wants to go to SA or whether he's looking to re-sign like Broomhead and Kennedy did at the end of their draftee contracts.

Re- Scharenberg. I believe Mark Stevens has reported that Scharenberg won't sign a new contract until the end of the year.

No really news, IMO. Given he hadn't signed yet, he was always going to wait until the end of the year. Whether he wants to go to SA or whether he's looking to re-sign like Broomhead and Kennedy did at the end of their draftee contracts.
I would be shocked if he stayed! The difference is we have been trying pretty hard to sign him and he keeps refusing. When he speaks to the media about it you can tell he wants out. iv Heard a lot of chat he wants out I don't think Iv heard anywhere that he wants to stay.

Perfect scenario would be a first round pick then use that to get treloar so we could keep our first.

Dawes is shit and was never worth pick 20. I'd rather we ripped a more unlikeable club off. What we did with the pick is irrelevant. That said I like Brromhead and I think we have missed him in teh second half of this season.
Yes,i think we have missed Broomhead since he's been injured.He's a good finisher,and he can actually snap a goal out of a pack,something our other forwards seem incapable of doing.

Throughout the whole year he was "waiting until he gets a game in the seniors" before he re-signs

Now he gets a game he is waiting till the year is over

Hmm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh nah, a "jolly + Ball" combo may not be available in 2,3,4 years time. But now we need experienced players to help make us a convincing top 4 team.

I agree - we can't rely on that being available when we need it. I think the key is your last sentence though - for mine Treloar fits that brief - jury is out on Carlisle and Aish. At their best they could be but they have both played VFL this year due to form (admittedly they both have issues - drug scandal/home sickness contributing to it).

I think with free agency and the trading of future picks now in play we'll see more player movement. Would hate to be stuck on the side lines because we committed to players who are handy but not game changing

He wanted out! We would have kept him but Carlton's offer was ridiculous
We had the chance to match that deal. We declined, so let him go. From what I've heard, club weren't unhappy he left and with good reason. And that has nothing to do with how rubbish he's been at carlton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back