List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually wondering about this. Do Bombers players still have access to that get out/free agency clause that the AFL set up because of the saga?
Not sure, as Apex36 pointed out Carlisle is out of contract. With regards to other players I don't think the AFL would want any more mess because of the saga, so I'd assume they'd step in and make sure trades are done.

Hi all I'm an avid reader. 1st time poster. An old chook I work with is a blues member and very close to Heath Scotland. She doesn't really talk trades, rumours ect but on Friday was adamant of 3 things for next year. According to Scotland
1. Bolton will be coaching the blues
2. Yarran is off to the cats and
3. Henderson is coming to us.
Not sure if it's on the money but thought it might add to the discussion.
Henderson??? Now that's news. Can't remember anything about him coming up earlier.
Edit *
Checked the Blues board. Nothing on Henderson thread linking him to us, only to the Cats, who might be interested in Yarran as they lose Motlop... But Richmond is into Yarran too. Bolton is likely to happen but those 2 player movements I am doubtful of. Some stealth trading going on if true though.

Last edited:
Psd doesn't really matter if there is more than one club interested in the players.

Both Ess and Brisbane will take the best offer, provided that Carlisle and Aish are happy to play at those clubs.

Henderson??? Now that's news. Can't remember anything about him coming up earlier.
Edit *
Checked the Blues board. Nothing on Henderson thread linking him to us, only to the Cats, who might be interested in Yarran as they lose Motlop... But Richmond is into Yarran too. Bolton is likely to happen but those 2 player movements I am doubtful of. Some stealth trading going on if true though.

IF we are getting Henderson then I guess we are not getting Carlisle then;)

Hmmm Henderson. Watched him last night and he was very average. Could be because he wants out or could be he's just not that good?

Non-plussed with that one. Just hope we don't give up to much if we go down that path.

IF we are getting Henderson then I guess we are not getting Carlisle then;)
Sounds boring but why not both? Forget Aish. We got multiple fwd and back options with those 2.

Hmmm Henderson. Watched him last night and he was very average. Could be because he wants out or could be he's just not that good?

Non-plussed with that one. Just hope we don't give up to much if we go down that path.
Would be surprised if it happened. All reports at the moment are saying the Cats are heavily in to him.

Don’t Really Think we are Desperate for KPD's
Yes we are. No Keeffe for at least 12 months, and that's only if nobody else rookies him, and Reid playing forward means we have 0 depth in KPD. We either need to recruit a forward to release Reid back, or a defender to allow Reid to remain forward. Carlisle fits the bill pretty perfectly.

Yes we are. No Keeffe for at least 12 months, and that's only if nobody else rookies him, and Reid playing forward means we have 0 depth in KPD. We either need to recruit a forward to release Reid back, or a defender to allow Reid to remain forward. Carlisle fits the bill pretty perfectly.

Here is our KPD Depth:

• Brown
  • Frost
  • Marsh
  • Scharanberg(Can Play on Talls)
  • Moore(Can Play Down Back IF he had Too)
  • Reid(IF Injury Free)

Daddy and Brother. Who does Aish have at Carlton? Trigg? Lol, spare me. It's obvoius the kid wants success, and he won't get that if he goes to a club like Carlton. As long as that archaic board runs the club like its the 90's or earlier when success could just be bought, they will always be a shambles.

Then that leaves Carlisle for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is our KPD Depth:
  • Brown
  • Frost
  • Marsh
  • Scharenberg(Can Play on Talls)
  • Reid(IF Injury Free)
A bit down on experience IMHO. Reid is a big IF, Scharenberg too. Moore, keep him as genuine forward .
What we have in front are
  • Cloke
  • Reid(IF Injury Free)
  • Moore
  • White (as back up )
Take either Moore or Reid out and we are thin spread there again( still like White but I am won't win that fight )

Wouldn't mind something like this.

3rd Round 2015 and Kennedy for Yarran

1st Round 2015, 2nd Round 2016 and ??? for Treloar

2nd Round 2015 and Oxley/Seedsman for Aish

Witts for Carlisle

B: Langdon - Brown - Marsh
HB: Yarran - Carlisle - Williams
C: Varcoe - Adams - Swan
HF: Sidebottom - Cloke - Fasolo
F: Elliott - Reid - Moore

R: Grundy - Pendlebury - Treloar

INT: Aish - Scharenberg - DeGoey - Crisp

#wishfulthinking

That bench! :eek:

Here is our KPD Depth:

• Brown
  • Frost
  • Marsh
  • Scharanberg(Can Play on Talls)
  • Reid(IF Injury Free)
Scharenberg is not a key position defender, and would be a last resort on match day, similar to Toovey.
Moore is a forward, and you know it, and throwing Reid back sacrifices our forward line. As it is, excluding Scharanberg, every single one of those players listed is currently playing senior footy, so where is the depth?

Ideally an extra key defender, and an extra key forward are needed, although the forwards aren't quite as desperate, with White providing adequate depth for the moment.

I think you're underestimating just how much Keeffe's suspension is hurting us. Don't you think a backline of Brown/Carlisle/Marsh is much more exciting and appealing than Brown/Frost/Marsh?

Scharenberg is not a key position defender, and would be a last resort on match day, similar to Toovey.
Moore is a forward, and you know it, and throwing Reid back sacrifices our forward line. As it is, excluding Scharanberg, every single one of those players listed is currently playing senior footy, so where is the depth?

Ideally an extra key defender, and an extra key forward are needed, although the forwards aren't quite as desperate, with White providing adequate depth for the moment.

I think you're underestimating just how much Keeffe's suspension is hurting us. Don't you think a backline of Brown/Carlisle/Marsh is much more exciting and appealing than Brown/Frost/Marsh?

I was just putting up players that can play KPD. I know Moore is a Forward but I was just saying he can play down back in case of a Emergency. Scharanberg not purer KPD but could IF he had to.

I think we need a KPF more then a KPD

I was just putting up players that can play KPD. I know Moore is a Forward but I was just saying he can play down back in case of a Emergency. Scharanberg not purer KPD but could IF he had to.

I think we need a KPF more then a KPD
We're talking depth though Dave. It's not depth if you rob a player from another part of the ground. We have nothing in reserve at VFL level. We need another defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back