List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairly sure I remember that video and it was shorter than 100metres and it was repeat sprints?

Could be wrong

Sorry it was 100 yard dash ie 91m and they had heats.

Swan won every heat except the last one iirc, he's universally accepted as a quick player across the AFL not sure why people are trying to say otherwise?

They are over the hill.. actually quite cluey of hawthorn seeing lewis and Mitchell out the door.. and getting something in return given their age.. and the clubs premiership window being closed shut. Getting picks for these 2 is a great result for the hawks.

Really.. pick 88 for Mitchell and Lewis will be a 3rd round pick.

Not really a great Result.

Needs context. Greenwood only played 8 games on the backend of 2015 when we had already crashed in performance. Of the 8 games we won 2. He played 21 of 22 this year so the win loss there only reflects how Collingwood went in 2016

There can be no correlation drawn that we do worse with Greemwood in the team if that was what people thought.
The one game he missed this year we smashed the Giants midfield, once he moved forward our midfield seemed to improve a bit in the backend of the season. Seems to be a bit of a trend happening, let's revisit at the end of 2017.

RE 2010 -

For as long as I can remember I dreamed of Leon kicking a magical goal to seal a GF .... I thought it was going to happen in 2010 GF1 (that moment produced probably the loudest Collingwood roar I've heard in my life...)... Five minutes later all my nightmares were realized and we looked like we were going to blow yet another GF.

I'm eternally grateful that we sowed it up the following week, however, the draw and Leon getting dropped definitely took some enjoyment out of it for me

Yes he will in my opinion. And I seriously doubt he will be signed today.

If a club wants him why would they wait for free agency ends before trading for him?

It's in the best interest of the club as well to hold off on dealing with Brown until after the FA period closes off.

If he gets an offer today we get 3 days to decide if we match it. It will also give us an idea of what his market value will be to another club.

FA compo not relevant due to Wells & Mayne signings. If that other club still wants him (after we match) then they need to trade for him.

If there are no offers and no trade options he either re-signs at our terms or goes into the uncertainty of the PSD.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm a bit confused here and hopefully someone can clear this up.

Freo got a compensation pick of 23 for Mayne. They've already traded this to the Hawks for Hill.

I was under the impression that if Freo were to get a FA in, let's say Nathan Brown (not likely to happen I know, but just for an example), they would lose that compensation? And yet, they've already traded it on?

Am I missing something?

Given that it has been ticked off I'm assuming that I am missing something...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But you are allowed to work wherever you want, why can't they?
They can work wherever they want too. Nobody is forcing them to join the AFL.

That's like me saying I want to work for Google headquarters but I don't want to move to San Francisco. If you choose a career knowing that relocation could be a necessity, so be it. Nothing is stopping them playing state league footy and working 9-5 like the rest of us mugs.

So do we think brown will stay if not signed to another team by end of today?
I can't imagine any team wanting to trade for him when they could have had him for nothing.

Freo got a compensation pick of 23 for Mayne. They've already traded this to the Hawks for Hill.

I was under the impression that if Freo were to get a FA in, let's say Nathan Brown (not likely to happen I know, but just for an example), they would lose that compensation? And yet, they've already traded it on?

Am I missing something?

I guess they would not be able to now bring in a free agent because they have already traded the compo pick. AFL maybe would not allow it.

Am I missing something?

You'd assume that clubs would be disallowed from bringing in a free agent once compo is accepted.

Am I missing something?

My guess is that it rules then it from any further FA incoming trades. A sacrifice they were prepared to make.

Edit : Beaten to it!

100% agree re the 1990 v 2010 GF.
I've always found the 90 GF to be more enjoyable. There were some great characters in that team.
1990. The build up and anticipation was huge. Was a great day. 2010 was good but not near the relief/elation that 1990 brought.
They are over the hill.. actually quite cluey of hawthorn seeing lewis and Mitchell out the door.. and getting something in return given their age.. and the clubs premiership window being closed shut. Getting picks for these 2 is a great result for the hawks.
Pick 88 is shit. Lewis looks like being a 2nd or 3rd rounder. That's a poo return.

Am I missing something?

What frizzle said. AFL will veto the deal.

On Nate Brown, if he doesn't sign as a free agent for another club today, I'd say he's staying. Why would a club trade for him, unless it's NM, Freo or Richmond, when they could acquire him for salary only? Also, why would he go into the ND to get to a team of choice, when he could go somewhere today for no draft pick cost, unless it's NM, Freo or Richmond and they didn't even want to trade a draft pick that had points attached?

Last edited:
But you are allowed to work wherever you want, why can't they?
They do volunteer themselves into a system knowing full well that they may be sent to any corner of the country. They don't have to sign the nomination form if they don't like that idea

Am I missing something?

Yes that's true. And that's why they won't and can't sign a free agent.

They do volunteer themselves into a system knowing full well that they may be sent to any corner of the country. They don't have to sign the nomination form if they don't like that idea
I agree, but just like "ordinary people" they are allowed to change their mind and make a decision about their employment career.
It happens in other sports, it happens in Business, it happens in Politics, hey it even happens in the Military
But some how people say, "yeah that's all good, but we refuse to acknowledge it in the AFL"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back