List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither Swan or Mitchell were fast, Swan had good endurance over the course of a match. Both were very smart players who knew where to run and when, and that made them seem faster than they actually were.
They both had similar stats over their careers
Mitchell - 307 games:
K: 13.8; M: 4.0; HB: 12.6; CP: 10.4; Goals: 0.2; Tk: 3.8; RB: 2.1; I50: 3.8

Swan - 258 games:
K: 16.5; M: 5.9; HB: 10.4; CP: 9.9; Goals: 0.8; Tk: 3.1; RB: 2.1; I50: 4.0

Wasnt expecting to see Zappa get a mention in this thread....gold!! All the kiddies will have to google the cryptic reference....heres a clue all...google Zappa and yellow and you'll get close...

I thought yellow was a cold play song.

Neither Swan or Mitchell were fast, Swan had good endurance over the course of a match. Both were very smart players who knew where to run and when, and that made them seem faster than they actually were.

Ahh Swan was often top 2-3 in our sprints, often had opponents saying how fast he was but in bursts not an uber enduro runner like Steele and Pendles.

He was most definitely fast, also Mitchell has a quick first few steps bit undersold there imo his next 15-100m is what is slower.

Ahh Swan was often top 2-3 in our sprints, often had opponents saying how fast he was but in bursts not an uber enduro runner like Steele and Pendles.

He was most definitely fast, also Mitchell has a quick first few steps bit undersold there imo his next 15-100m is what is slower.

There's a difference between speed and acceleration

I reckon in a 100 metres Swan would struggle, but dominate a 20metre sprint

I would say Dane Swan was deceivingly fast, I thought he had explosive pace but not sure over a distance. Sam Mitchell is just plain slow but adapts his game well to compensate for this. He knows it.
Right on Swan had a burst of speed, Sam Mitchell is a bit like Penders where things seem to slow down around him.

Wondering if Sam things so? Sam probably didn't know 4 weeks ago he was being replaced the poor bugger. Some real odd endings of players careers at clubs this season.
He'd been in talks all year with WC about the position of coaching. He knew.

Would seriously consider Witts for T.Mckenzie and a pick. I think he needs a change of environment, and will struggle to get a game at GCS.
It was written in the ancient scrolls... (fwiw, hard to say, a change of environment could do him good, but his main problem last year was a lack of continuity due to concussion, ankle, groin issues etc. after having looked set for a good year at the end of the pre-season)
rock paper scissors.jpg

Wondering if Sam things so? Sam probably didn't know 4 weeks ago he was being replaced the poor bugger. Some real odd endings of players careers at clubs this season.
Definitely, and although North got shitcanned for the way it unfurled (unfairly imo, the only thing they did wrong was giving in to Boomer's demand to know his fate before the year was out) and Hawthorn was lauded for the way they handled their old blokes upfront, ultimately, it might be the other way around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank You for this, It's a pretty bad record
Needs context. Greenwood only played 8 games on the backend of 2015 when we had already crashed in performance. Of the 8 games we won 2. He played 21 of 22 this year so the win loss there only reflects how Collingwood went in 2016

There can be no correlation drawn that we do worse with Greemwood in the team if that was what people thought.

While there is a difference between the 2 there is also a pretty strong correlation between abilities in the 2. My guess is that anyone who can dominate a group in 20m sprints will also be at the pointy end of the group when it comes to 100m sprints. One thing that characterised Swans game was repeat sustained sprint efforts that burned off taggers and opponents. While he didn't have elite endurance he could do these repeat sprints up and down the field and then frequently come off for a quick rest.

With that history it would suggest he would have held his own over 100m.

Hawks have destroyed their culture in one trade period.

B-E-A-utiful!

What are they paying to miss finals?
They are over the hill.. actually quite cluey of hawthorn seeing lewis and Mitchell out the door.. and getting something in return given their age.. and the clubs premiership window being closed shut. Getting picks for these 2 is a great result for the hawks.

While there is a difference between the 2 there is also a pretty strong correlation between abilities in the 2. My guess is that anyone who can dominate a group in 20m sprints will also be at the pointy end of the group when it comes to 100m sprints. One thing that characterised Swans game was repeat sustained sprint efforts that burned off taggers and opponents. While he didn't have elite endurance he could do these repeat sprints up and down the field and then frequently come off for a quick rest.

With that history it would suggest he would have held his own over 100m.
I always thought of Swan having elite endurance all these yrs.. iron lungs. so how much territory did cover in a game?

A contract is a voluntary arrangement between two or more parties that is enforceable at law as a binding legal agreement. Contract is a branch of the law of obligations in jurisdictions of the civil law tradition. A contract arises when the parties agree that there is an agreement.
Contracts get varied every day in every industry

I watched the 2010 GF a few weeks ago with my kids for the first time (for them) and it wasn't as enjoyable as being there that day.

I don't get that watching the 1990 GF and I wasn't there that day.

:$

I was there for both and while the replays of both are great to watch neither compares at all with the mood of being there. If you were not at 1990 but present for 2010 probably that explains your feeling.

If anything the drop in enjoyment is greater for 1990 but that's only because the euphoria on the day was so great not because watching the replay isn't great also. We had lost so many GFs in the 32 years prior that 1990 was just the greatest moment of life. That doesn't detract from 2010 which was fantastic but neither replay can match being there on the day.

I always thought of Swan having elite endurance all these yrs.. iron lungs. so how much territory did cover in a game?
Elite repeat sprint efforts. He would still cover plenty of round but he couldn't knock out 3k time trials like Steele, Marty Clarke or Phillips can. They are the best endurance athletes at Collingwood of recent times

There is a video on CFC site back when they were in Arizona a few years ago doing 100m sprints and Swan was only bested by Ben Sinclair much to the cheers of team mates.

There is a video on CFC site back when they were in Arizona a few years ago doing 100m sprints and Swan was only bested by Ben Sinclair much to the cheers of team mates.

Fairly sure I remember that video and it was shorter than 100metres and it was repeat sprints?

Could be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back