List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone I know shared an article on Facebook saying something like this, it didn't look like a very reliable source.
It was reported on radio and FB yesterday. Hence the reason why Carlton is refusing to offer pick 5 for Marchbank and why they are seeking pick 13 and a player from from Adelaide for Gibbs. It was reported Carlton have made a godfather offer (supposedly with assistance again from Visy). Fremantle are allegedly considering the offer because Fyfe is a restricted FA next year. Whether or not anything comes of it is a different thing

I shared this with FiloBeddoe the other night.

I was privy to information about Cloke's contract earlier in the year and I posted it here and subsequently backed in Cloke all year.

That all changed when he didn't have the decency to come to the B&F.

He believes that the "symbols" game plan is shite........and also believes that the "symbol" played Cox on purpose in place of him. o_O

I am posting this because he is up for trade and also because I have lost all respect for him.

I watched the 2010 GF a few weeks ago with my kids for the first time (for them) and it wasn't as enjoyable as being there that day.

I don't get that watching the 1990 GF and I wasn't there that day.

My post isn't about the "symbol" but the fact that a Premiership player can speak like that about our Club that gave him so much.

End Rant......apologies :$

He has quick hands and mind but if you look at his games over the finals was often caught out. Good trade for Hawks but not sure it is for WC,
Swan was a different breed, very quick over short distance and more often released the ball by foot.
He has had a few poor finals, but they have mostly been good.

He averaged over 34 touches in the 2015 finals series, which was a finals record and was easily the player of that finals series.

Quick off the mark and elite change of direction in terms of foot speed/agility.Dual sidedness a huge advantage also.

He has had a few poor finals, but they have mostly been good.

He averaged over 34 touches in the 2015 finals series, which was a finals record and was easily the player of that finals series.

Quick off the mark and elite change of direction in terms of foot speed/agility.Dual sidedness a huge advantage also.
Was only referring to his most current form, not disputing he was an exceptional player.
Not sure how quickly he will develop the same chemistry and support within the WC team.

I was privy to information about Cloke's contract earlier in the year and I posted it here and subsequently backed in Cloke all year.

He believes that the "symbols" game plan is shite........and also believes that the "symbol" played Cox on purpose in place of him. o_O

I am posting this because he is up for trade and also because I have lost all respect for him.

I watched the 2010 GF a few weeks ago with my kids for the first time (for them) and it wasn't as enjoyable as being there that day.

My post isn't about the "symbol" but the fact that a Premiership player can speak like that about our Club that gave him so much.

100% agree re the 1990 v 2010 GF.
I've always found the 90 GF to be more enjoyable. There were some great characters in that team.

Yeah they gave him allot this year...

I'm disappointed that we haven't sought to acquire any quality defenders.

Lack of quality targets combined with our lack of currency to work with (eg. draft picks) will do that.

Still, makes our apparent loss of up to three key defenders this period even more alarming. Even if they're not great players, you'd rather have the structural depth than not.

Yeah they gave him allot this year...

Like you mike123 I was in the Cloke camp all year.......but why didn't he go on the Footy Show that night and say exactly what I have posted he said?

Like you mike123 I was in the Cloke camp all year.......but why didn't he go on the Footy Show that night and say exactly what I have posted he said?
What did he say?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% agree re the 1990 v 2010 GF.
I've always found the 90 GF to be more enjoyable. There were some great characters in that team.
1990 was fantastic like breathing again after holding you breathe for so long. Great goals, a bit of biff, disbelief wondering how long to go despite being well in front.

I would say Dane Swan was deceivingly fast, I thought he had explosive pace but not sure over a distance. Sam Mitchell is just plain slow but adapts his game well to compensate for this. He knows it.
Neither Swan or Mitchell were fast, Swan had good endurance over the course of a match. Both were very smart players who knew where to run and when, and that made them seem faster than they actually were.

What did he say?

On the Footy Show he played a straight bat.......but the day after the GF he was slagging off the Club and the "symbol".

Sorry to see you so disappointed. What still astounds me is the turn around of the Cloke faithful. He hasn't changed a thing in the last few days. Showing up for B&F is indeed not looking good but not even a message to the fans stands out for me. It makes him look like it all about the money after all which doesn't do him justice. He hasn't become a sh!t bloke but certainly not given good advice in the past years. Very poor PR and someone in his management has definitely dropped the ball there. It really ruined his legacy. So different with for instance a Mayne where we get the opposition posting here best wishes. Can't tell you how glad I am to have a decent, honest citizen like him on board. Will do so much better for the club then Cloke visiting the grandma's on their b'day.
Re the game plan, writing was on the wall when it was symbolically said yrs ago we are going to have a game plan less depending on Cloke. If he didn’t knew by then that something had to change for him to reach the triggers, he should perhaps pay attention to what a coach says.

On the Footy Show he played a straight bat.......but the day after the GF he was slagging off the Club and the "symbol".
Any links? I can't really find anything ATM.

I'd like to see our record with Greenwood vs without over the past two seasons if anyone could be bothered looking it up for me... I just think when he is in the midfield he is such a liability

Levi Greenwood has played 29 games for the Pies. Pies have won 10 and lost 19 in the games he has played.

The winning games have been against Carlton (2015), Geelong (2015), Richmond, Essendon, BL, Geelong, Fremantle, Carlton, WCE and GCS.

In the games that the Pies lost he averaged the following per game:
K: 9.8; M: 2.9; HB: 7.5: CP: 7.0; I50: 3.0; Goals: 0.7; Tk: 6.6

In the games that the Pies won he averaged the following per game:
K: 10.8; M: 3.6; HB: 8.2: CP: 7.3; I50: 3.4; Goals: 0.8; Tk: 5.9

Any links? I can't really find anything ATM.

Re the Footy Show or what I have heard?

Going to bed Mike will answer tomorrow buddy.

Levi Greenwood has played 29 games for the Pies. Pies have won 10 and lost 19 in the games he has played.

The winning games have been against Carlton (2015), Geelong (2015), Richmond, Essendon, BL, Geelong, Fremantle, Carlton, WCE and GCS.

In the games that the Pies lost he averaged the following per game:
K: 9.8; M: 2.9; HB: 7.5: CP: 7.0; I50: 3.0; Goals: 0.7; Tk: 6.6

In the games that the Pies won he averaged the following per game:
K: 10.8; M: 3.6; HB: 8.2: CP: 7.3; I50: 3.4; Goals: 0.8; Tk: 5.9
Thank You for this, It's a pretty bad record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back