List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers/Rockies
In Bed so going to Bed Soon to rest up for hopefully a Huge last day of Trade Period

Bedclown.jpg

if he has footy smarts he would try to wrestle with then, he still got his strength though. l just think any one pinning there hopes
on keefffe, at the moment to walk straight in and be the go to man will be disappointed.
dunn to me is a future vfl player for us. he is not going to get any better, but at the moment we have no one better either
l hope we draft some quality kid who can do the role asap
Agree in we are only hoping not expecting for Keeffe

Agony and ecstasy of trade period
Has Clarkson given away his guns incredibly cheaply , in order to create a low ball market for JOM where 10 + 48 seems more reasonable than it should . It's a conspricacy theory but the more I see current player values relative to draft value dissipate, the more I think the Hawks are trying to create a market that transforms the trade system so they can rebuild at a cheaper and quicker rate. Historically they were the team that realised with the draft quality reduced by the introduction of GCS and GWS it could stay ahead of its peers for longer by drafting for purpose with mature players, rather than playing the orthodox recruiting the best available kid in the draft.
Bought them four premierships in a system where draft and concessions says it shouldn't happen.
I might be wrong , it might backfire on them, but it's genius if it comes off.

I don't get the 'Premiership Player' fetish. If anything a sign of clinging on to a long forgotten past. That was 6 yrs ago when dinosaurs roamed the earth and gorillas like him the fwd line. Doggies can have him.
For me I will always look at a premiership player with gratitude. I have seen a lot of lost Grand Finals so the players of 1990 and 2010 always are remembered as special. If anything 6 years is a drop in the ocean when considering the 2010 flag. I am going to have great memories of that day forever.

As such Clokey and all the 2010 team are Collingwoods greats for mine even if it so long ago.

For me I will always look at a premiership player with gratitude. I have seen a lot of lost Grand Finals so the players of 1990 and 2010 always are remembered as special. If anything 6 years is a drop in the ocean when considering the 2010 flag. I am going to have great memories of that day forever.

As such Clokey and all the 2010 team are Collingwoods greats for mine even if it so long ago.
Speaking of Blairy GC I see you had him as benchwarmer in your best 22. Is the bromance over?

My guess on how today will roll out.

Cloke to Dogs for Pick 61
Marley to North for Black (unfortunately)
Witts and 28 for 26 and 44
Frost and 26 for 22 and 78
Hoskin Elliot for 2017 second round selection
Dunn for 78

Leaves us with 22, 44, 47, 61, 65, 83.

There might be some later pick swaps with academy clubs if we're lucky. But think we'll go with a live selection at 22, some picks for Daics and Brown, and then we'll be looking for some sliders/finds with those late picks.

I'm not sure about list spots, but think we'll upgrade Keeffe and Smith, and go into the draft with up to three live picks (other than the father sons).

Might have to get them Ready on my Phone so I can go ASAP;)
Please remember they are only to be started when they are confirmed by the AFL or Collingwood.
Also, no " more to come" we prefer quality, not quantity.

Agony and ecstasy of trade period
Has Clarkson given away his guns incredibly cheaply , in order to create a low ball market for JOM where 10 + 48 seems more reasonable than it should . It's a conspricacy theory but the more I see current player values relative to draft value dissipate, the more I think the Hawks are trying to create a market that transforms the trade system so they can rebuild at a cheaper and quicker rate. Historically they were the team that realised with the draft quality reduced by the introduction of GCS and GWS it could stay ahead of its peers for longer by drafting for purpose with mature players, rather than playing the orthodox recruiting the best available kid in the draft.
Bought them four premierships in a system where draft and concessions says it shouldn't happen.
I might be wrong , it might backfire on them, but it's genius if it comes off.
I don't know if their system is that complex. I see Hawthorn's strategy in the JOM trade as simple as having him set his mind on the fact that he will only entertain a move to Hawthorn and publicly announce same, preventing any chance of a bidding war.Tell Gold Coast that either way he will be a hawk next year, so they might as well take what they can get.

The probably didn't consider that Gold Coast would be as steadfast as they have been with the deal but I dare say that Hawthorn would still be pretty relaxed knowing that if a deal can't be agreed on, they will get him for unders in the draft with pick 10 anyway. Maybe this is the outcome they wanted from the start. If he was contracted, it would be a different story as Gold Coast would have a something of a bargaining chip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just made a huge mistake. I listened to the podcast of Terry Wallace's Collingwood review and I think my IQ dropped. When will I learn not to listen to this moron?
Don't worry I listened to it live yesterday not sure what pissed me off more Wallace or the so called "supporters" that told him how good it was.

Please remember they are only to be started when they are confirmed by the AFL or Collingwood.
Also, no " more to come" we prefer quality, not quantity.
Can I also request that if you don't like the player, you let someone else do the welcome thread? No more "Welcome to Collingwood, some people aren't happy" OP's

I just made a huge mistake. I listened to the podcast of Terry Wallace's Collingwood review and I think my IQ dropped. When will I learn not to listen to this moron?

Which element of his assessment was inaccurate? Wallace deserves the flak he cops more often than not, but his comments on Collingwood yesterday were quite reasonable, IMO.

So Dunne kicks in...to Howe...who takes a speccy...then who does Howe kick it too?
Hogan?
Belief is a big thing and I think Trav just doesn't have it anymore at Collingwood. Would be very hard for him to recover with supporters, possibly the club and coaching staff and the media constantly reminding him that he's just not performing or good enough at Collingwood. That said I think he can turn it around and play good football again at another club with a fresh start.

He'll find determination and be given support from his new club and supporter base to really prove himself so I wouldn't be surprised to see him perform well next year.

When you lose belief it's a downward spiral, very hard to recover.
That is a Serious Mental block to recover from

I don't know if their system is that complex. I see Hawthorn's strategy in the JOM trade as simple as having him set his mind on the fact that he will only entertain a move to Hawthorn and publicly announce same, preventing any chance of a bidding war.Tell Gold Coast that either way he will be a hawk next year, so they might as well take what they can get.

The probably didn't consider that Gold Coast would be as steadfast as they have been with the deal but I dare say that Hawthorn would still be pretty relaxed knowing that if a deal can't be agreed on, they will get him for unders in the draft with pick 10 anyway. Maybe this is the outcome they wanted from the start. If he was contracted, it would be a different story as Gold Coast would have a something of a bargaining chip.
Way too rational Jasper

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back