List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Anything after pick 64 has less than 100 points, and we weren't going to get anything near or before pick 60, so from a points perspective the Cloke deal in isolation was never going to amount to anything.

Sorry, but that's officially ridiculous.

We are going to look like complete dickheads next year when Cloke is killing it for the Dogs.

Can only imagine we were waiting until the very last minute to squeeze a better pick out of the dogs only for them to call our bluff. That's an absolute steal for them. Very disappointing outcome. I just hope the emphasis on freeing up our cap leads somewhere fruitful in the future.

Well funny how things turn out 6 months down the track. Everyone saying Cloke is worth a late first rounder, then a second rounder aaaaaaaand then all of the sudden we grab the ever valuable pick 76 :p
Think everyone misunderstood how much we wanted to get Cloke's contract off the books

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I don't get is that dogs always had that pick.. why did it take that long?
Should have been done day 1 if that's what we were willing to do. Wait two weeks for a pick to put towards f/s points then trade for a pick that holds 0 points. Amazing work Derek. Amazing work :clapping:

HA! sucked-in Bulldogs! We really outfoxed you on that trade! We've saved a bunch of money and you've bought
Guys, settle down!

This is...

Out: Cloke, 400k
In: 76

Not just Cloke alone.
Add "Cloke's family" and "media circus" to the OUT row and this looks to be a very attractive deal.

Who are the quality players you're talking about?

- Marley is a thug who chooses to live with other thugs instead of his fiancee. Good riddance.

He's a good player but had a bad year.

- Marsh is unfortunate but hardly a World beater - yet.
Forgotabout him leaves us light in defence.
- Witts.... Massively overrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I never rated him but we should have tried harder to get rid of him last year, would have saved us this years first round pick.

- Frost.... Appropriately rated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now he is, was massively overrated in his first year.

Who else deserves a mention here?

I'd say Cloke but most of the board hate him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back