List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't have a problem with going for older players but that's a strange argument you've put forward. If Bucks said during finals that we are trading Aish and then we went ahead and traded Aish would you be fine with it?
well if it is aish being traded in, yep

I don't have a problem with going for older players but that's a strange argument you've put forward. If Bucks said during finals that we are trading Aish and then we went ahead and traded Aish would you be fine with it?

That would be the Most Idiotic Thing the Club has done for a Long Time.

*Assuming we pick up another old piece of meat for Buckley's tray in Barlow*

Wells 31 - Swan 32
Dunn 29 - Brown 27
Mayne 27 - Macaffer 28
WHE 23 - Cloke 29
Barlow 28 - Toovey 29

Someone tell me how every article about us (and some supporters) is about all these old guys we've destroyed the rebuild with when we are obviously far younger senior player wise and slow book ends in Brown and Cloke were replaced with real mobility???

It's because it's Collingwood, any other club and you wouldn't here or read anything.

Disagree completely on the GWS decision. It was a diabolical loss for them.

The Gibbs one I understand. That was purely about greed for Gibbs having enjoyed the fruits of a front loaded salary he was trying to take the piss.
I think your exaggerating the loss of Cam McCarthy a little. GWS are favourites to win the GF next year with out CM and they made it all the way to the preliminary without him this year. I agree he is a better than handy player but they got pick 3 in return and next year's draft is stacked with high end talls. GWS are already thinking Cam who!

Last edited:
After tonight watching the Coll v Rich game from early in the season where Grundy saved the day we are actually luck we got pick 100 and something for Williams and what ever we got for Frost..

Both horrible with ball in hand..

No argument from me there , but just as a general comment I find that Collingwood vs Richmond games have an amazing ability to rob even decent players of their skillz.

Last edited:
I think your exaggerating the loss of Cam McCarthy a little. GWS are favourites to with the GF next year with out CM and they made it all the way to the preliminary without him this year. I agree he is a better than handy player but they got pick 3 in return and next year's draft is stacked with high end talls. GWS are already thinking Cam who!

They already had pick seven so it was just a switch of picks with McCarthy thrown in for free. They were offered two first rounders last year iirc. The fact they are stacked with talls only adds to the questioning as to why they held him to ransom all year. It was an inexplicible decision.

They already had pick seven so it was just a switch of picks with McCarthy thrown in for free. They were offered two first rounders last year iirc. The fact they are stacked with talls only adds to the questioning as to why they held him to ransom all year. It was an inexplicible decision.

Could not agree more. The position on McCarthy last year from GWS cost them big time.

They were being offered two first round picks (their 2015 pick and their 2016 pick, which ended up being pick 3). His loss of value after sitting out a year was staggering.

I still don't get how CMs loss has affected GWS one bit. They lost one extra first round pick so what. They have pick 2 and 15 in this year's draft and they just traded away 4 top ten draft selections. Next year other clubs will raid their talent again and new first round draft picks will be received. On top of this they will more than likely be favourites to win the GF.

I still don't get how CMs loss has affected GWS one bit. They lost one extra first round pick so what. They have pick 2 and 15 in this year's draft and they just traded away 4 top ten draft selections. Next year other clubs will raid their talent again and new first round draft picks will be received. On top of this they will more than likely be favourites to win the GF.
It hasn't. Fact is that GWS have gotten themselves in to such a position that they can actually afford to throw away first round draft picks simply to prove a point. To them, sending a message to the rest of the competition that they won't give away contracted players to clubs breaking the rules and trying to nab them early is far more valuable than a couple of draft pick which they still have a ton of too.

Honestly, they could have come in to this draft with no firsts and still cleaned up with all the Academy talent they have available this year, it's a joke.

Could not agree more. The position on McCarthy last year from GWS cost them big time.

They were being offered two first round picks (their 2015 pick and their 2016 pick, which ended up being pick 3). His loss of value after sitting out a year was staggering.

I actually found his "value" last year to be staggering. He has a long way to go to be a gun forward.

After tonight watching the Coll v Rich game from early in the season where Grundy saved the day we are actually luck we got pick 100 and something for Williams and what ever we got for Frost..

Both horrible with ball in hand..

Then he cost us the Hawks game when he got the ball Straight to the Hawks

I dont see what point GWS think it is that they have made.

I understand that they thought they could afford to take this stand but it doesnt mean they were right to do so. And i dont think it means they wont have to face this situation again some time in teh future. All teams do.

Each to their own I guess. Something is always better than nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

funny story on the age online....Green didn't resign with Brisbane because they wouldn't pay him 500K a year.

the world has gone mad.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ture-from-brisbane-lions-20161025-gs9uw7.html
Hahah, what a pillock!

JG: Give me $500k a year, I'm great and I deserve it!

BL: How about we don't give you $500k a year and you can play for us on a reasonable salary for a player of your stature?

JG: No way, I deserve $500k. I won't sign for anything less!

BL: Ok, you win. *delists JG*

JG: Hahahah! I knew I'd win in the end!

Hahah, what a pillock!

BL: How about we don't give you $500k a year and you can play for us on a reasonable salary for a player of your stature?

Sounds like Leons negotiations at the end of 2011. Except Green isnt an All Australian.

Youre a long time retired.

Hahah, what a pillock!

As long as you end up somewhere else , being delisted by the Lions could be considered a win I would've thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back