List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's a selection of what Collingwood list manager Derek Hine said post the trade period.

On Hoskin-Elliott:

“I think he’s going to be a lot more balanced back home, amongst family and friends. One thing that really stood out to us with Will was his performances on the MCG have just been really consistent and at a high level.
Not that I am knocking his selection but what a silly thing to say. So how good is he at Eitihad, or on WA, SA, Qld or NSW grounds?

Hoping they keep him on and work closely with him. Let him have all the time wants and try get him to stay.
With Marsh if his personal reasons are mental health related are we able to add him to the long term injury list and promote a rookie?

then don't get rid of him for peanuts. the guy has played well at afl , is young and quick. how many 105 picks have played 1 game of AFL?.
Answer is zero.
His rapid decline and falling out with the coaching staff, and how we went from boarderline AA to essentially De-listed at our club tells me there was more going on than we know about.

Because your right, one face value it doesn't make sense. He was a very good player amd in less than 12 months we essentially threw him out the door. Not only that, no one wanted him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

then don't get rid of him for peanuts. the guy has played well at afl , is young and quick. how many 105 picks have played 1 game of AFL?.
Answer is zero.
The club don't want to keep him and don't want him around. We won't use the pick.

Not that I am knocking his selection but what a silly thing to say. So how good is he at Eitihad, or on WA, SA, Qld or NSW grounds?
Considering he has only played 5 games at the G, you have a decent point.

hine confirmed Williams was being delisted so the pick was irrelevant.

Brett Anderson talking about cloke costing the dogs pick 76 said something like..."thats a lot for a vfl player"..
Anderson is very strong on the modern game of teams going more mobile forward and back.

Didn't seem to think Brown or Frost were big losses. Actually thought our backline was ok for the modern hybrid talls if we can get a good run with injures.

FB Tom Langdon - Ben Reid - Jeremy Howe

HB Josh Smith - Matthew Scharenberg - Jackson Ramsey

C Steele Sidebottom - Adam Treloar - James Aish

HF Alex Fasolo - Darcy Moore - Travis Varcoe

FF Chris Mayne - Jesse White - Will Hoskin-Elliott

Followers Brodie Grundy - Scott Pendlebury - Daniel Wells

Interchange Taylor Adams - Jack Crisp - Rupert Wills - Jamie Elliott

Thoughts?

His rapid decline and falling out with the coaching staff, and how we went from boarderline AA to essentially De-listed at our club tells me there was more going on than we know about.

Because your right, one face value it doesn't make sense. He was a very good player amd in less than 12 months we essentially threw him out the door. Not only that, no one wanted him
He was always a poor decision maker and poor kick. You only noticed that this year.

But that is not the only place we play all our games. That is what I mean.
No, but it's where we play more games than any other venue. I think the point Hine was trying to make though is that he seemed to perform better when he was back in Melbourne around family and friends.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back