List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

4 years $2m for Mayne....overpaid...3 years for Wells...risky. WHE I actually hope he works out, lots of potential. Lynden Du...sorry I can't even finish typing his name through the tears of laughter.
Nafan has given us all a good chuckle this trade period. Its Vossy all over again!

By the way, congrats on getting rid of Cloke. Shouldn't geta game at the Dogs, so I don't think we will be seeing much of him again. Thank you.

did you enjoy getting dal santo waite Higgins etc.. to your club.. expecting theyd get you the cup.. but falling in a screaming heap losing 10 out of your last 12 there??

Brayden was rated higher than Heater!!!
Thats sort of what I was getting at. I haven't seen that much of them but have read about them a bit. Talk about varying opinions (on both of them) I'm not expecting too much but happy to be pleasantly surprised (Like I was with Heath who was supposed to be the least talented of all the Shaws)

where to where youre from.. Mildura? and sit around like a vegetable
You think thats what I do? I'm busy renovating my house, I work with Disabled ppl which is a great experience. Im going to the Gold Coast at Christmas to catch up with my daughter and I went to Thailand earlier this year.
You just need to give him a chance mate. I defended Reid for a long time while others wanted to get rid of him.

Saintly I think that it is more than who the players are, I see it also about contract length and possible cost in $$ terms.

What do you do with say a player like Mayne if it doesn't work out?
He has a four year contract.
Pay him out?
Assuming the contract is four years I'm guessing the first few are heavier based, thats only a guess.
This would be so the cap is used to facilitate future player grabs.
If it doesn't work out say two years in, Mayne gets the money and we move on.
Happens.
He might even gave a three year contract with fourth year funded by performance.

I suspect Mayne is in for forward pressure and to take heat off Moore by that pressure and to gets ball drops to Elliot and Fasolo.

I'd really love one full year with Elliot Fasolo getting close to 22 games each in the HA season proper.
And same with Moore.
Imagine that.

I'm more seeing Dunn as a depth player myself and I'm one of those that's always rated Keeffe.
Keeffe is just so tall, agile in ways too.
I actually had him my preferred FB even when Brown was with us.

I'm noticing the poorer kicks are being shifted out by the looks of things.

Maynard will be our future, I thought he'd be taking the Williams roll in time.

Reid is vital.

Grundy is elite in the making so, with him Pendlebury, Treloar, Adams in the middle it's looking ok. Add De Goey who to be is our true future.

We might be ok anyway.

Be interesting.

did you enjoy getting dal santo waite Higgins etc.. to your club.. expecting theyd get you the cup.. but falling in a screaming heap losing 10 out of your last 12 there??
Still beat us and finished higher than us.

We really can't get too lippy unless it's on the Lions or GC boards really.

well I've got to say 'I'm not excited'!

I have a feeling we will unearth a gem with our 2nd pick.

We added silk to the midfield, grunt and an alternative option to the forward line, a backman who is a clear upgrade on what we traded out, and a kid who has a great record on the MCG who can kick and play forward or back.

Add a couple of father sons selection who can obviously play and the team is looking good.

Finally we can play a game style which is less predictable to what we have seen over the past 3 or 4 years. We finally have some good users of the footy coming our way.

As the great JLo once said "Let's get wild"

4 years $2m for Mayne....overpaid...3 years for Wells...risky. WHE I actually hope he works out, lots of potential. Lynden Du...sorry I can't even finish typing his name through the tears of laughter.
Nafan has given us all a good chuckle this trade period. Its Vossy all over again!

By the way, congrats on getting rid of Cloke. Shouldn't geta game at the Dogs, so I don't think we will be seeing much of him again. Thank you.
Yes some decisions have been questionable but we will come out of it alright! You guys however are going to get very tired by the end of next year holding that ladder up!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok 2 things:

1. If we are going to win a premiership.. gubby has done the right thing trading all the crap for crap.

2. Have the bulldogs set a trend where big lug defenders are a thing of the past.. and perhaps the shaz and hoskin elliots of this world howe maynard etc and the run we'd get from them coupled with their defensive duties is what is exactly needed these days??

Look at the dogs this yr in the gf.. who did they have that was huge down back???

If we got Swan today the FD would be ripped apart growling how come we took a waddler a bit slow etc with our pick. What are they thinking?
I don't think Swan was ever regarded as slow...

Getting rid of Marley for nothing shows that there must of been some huge underlying off-field issues with him, because the kid can play. Pies obviously know something that others don't

Unlikely that the others dont know. More likely they either are prepared to work with those issues or believe with a change of scene they can bring him round. But I wouldnt for a minute believe whatever has caused him to be ejected from our club like a soiled hanky isnt well understood.

I don't think Swan was ever regarded as slow...
No,he was not. Deceptively quick, lovely burst.
Just when you first saw him, especially if you knew Billy Swan his dad, you'd think what's this all about.
I perhaps didn't express it well enough, but boy was he deceptive to first glance looks.

One of my great favourites

Unlikely that the others dont know. More likely they either are prepared to work with those issues or believe with a change of scene they can bring him round. But I wouldnt for a minute believe whatever has caused him to be ejected from our club like a soiled hanky isnt well understood.
I'm sure it is widely known.
North might be thinking at essentially a free hit, he's worth a punt as to having new scenery.
Good luck to them and I trust Marley will realise it could all be overr soon and full the finger out so to speak

Just checked back to last year on the day we picked up Treloar the welcome thread got to 20 pages and Aish - 17 pages.

Wells was picked up 9 days ago - 11 pages
WHE - currently 5 pages
Mayne - picked up 8 days ago, currently 17 pages and on second page of forum
Dunn - 3 pages

Do I detect a slight lack of excitement?

What cost was not supporting Cloke properly. Not getting good rebounding defenders that can move the ball quickly, highly skilled midfielders that can hit targets and a good 2nd string key forward to support him.
He can't kick and no defensive pressure, cloke is cooked
I wish him all the best in the bulldog magoos

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back