Preview Collingwood v Richmond Friday 31 March, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re going to hear a lot in the media about Richmond’s outs if we happen to win this game.Of course they won’t mention our outs either.
Martin and Hopper are facing tests so may play. The rest of their outs aren't that good.

I know AJ probably makes the most sense if Checkers misses but I'd be naming Checkers and bringing in Ginnivan at the last hour if Checkers doesn't get up.

You don't lose your reigning leading goal kicker and not bring in the second highest goal kicker if they're available.

In Kreuger, Mihocek and McStay we've got three who can play the role. Yeah if 2 out of three are injured, we lose a bit, but think Johnson or Reef can step in and go ok. It's the same with all positions really. With lists of 44, a few injuries and a few kids who aren't ready - noone has that much depth in any position.

Our Rucks also know how to take a mark and kick a goal. We are definitely a bit lighter on for tall options in defence, already being two players down ( Arguably three if you include Kreuger)

I know AJ probably makes the most sense if Checkers misses but I'd be naming Checkers and bringing in Ginnivan at the last hour if Checkers doesn't get up.

You don't lose your reigning leading goal kicker and not bring in the second highest goal kicker if they're available.

Surely reef gets first crack. Ginnivan to be sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reef needs a full game this week in AFL or VFL. I don’t believe he’ll be named as sub this week and has shown enough to not be dropped.

I also get the feeling we’ll play it safe with Checkers’ finger injury.

OUT Checkers Reef (sub)
IN Reef Carmichael (sub)

AJ to have another game in VFL to really make him really earn it. Ginni to come back via a couple of weeks in the VFL too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Reef needs a full game this week in AFL or VFL. I don’t believe he’ll be named as sub this week and has shown enough to not be dropped.

OUT Checkers Reef (sub)
IN Reef Carmichael (sub)

AJ to have another game in VFL to really make him really earn it. Ginni to come back via a couple of weeks in the VFL too.

I could live with that.

OUT Checkers Reef (sub)
IN Reef Carmichael (sub)

Yeah reckon this will end up this way if checkers is out.

Not overtly confident about this game. Think we might lose.

Our defenders tend to leave their opponents to get to the contest. I think we might get exposed for being too “aggressive defensively”.

I hope not, but we will see!
Geez, I’m more confident this week than before the game last week.

If Mihocek ends up missing then him, Howe and Lipinski make up a pretty talented trio of players unavailable across every line of our side and then of course you have a kid called Ginnivan making his way back from suspension. That's potentially our 2 leading goal scorers from last season unavailable.

Sure Richmond might well have 1 or 2 more missing overall but they'll still have Taranto, Prestia, Cotchin, Graham and Baker in their midfield rotation while with Lynch, Bolton, Riewoldt and Cumberland their 4 leading goal scorers from last year will I presume all be selected. That's still enough midfield grunt and firepower to worry sides.

With the game likely to be played in damp conditions it'll be a different experience for our side this season and our ability to move a greasy ball as precisely and quickly likely not possible.
We’ll just have to win contested possession by 50+ again.

Look I like Ginni, but I don’t think you can pick him this week, not with so many younger players ahead of him on exposed form.

You would think if Mihocek is a non starter then Reef comes into the 22 and one of Carmichael, Macrae or Johnson is the sub.

If Checkers is good then no change. To the starting 22. Reef will likely need a full game so could look to have either AJ or Carmichael as the sub.

If Checkers is no good then Reef into the 22 and AJ or Carmichael the sub.

I would be naming Checkers tonight.

B - Quaynor Frampton Murphy
HB - Maynard Moore Crisp
C - J.Daicos DeGoey N.Daicos
HF - McCreery McStay Sidebottom
F - Elliott Mihochek Hill
R - Cameron Mitchell Pendlebury
INT - Adams Noble Cox WHE

As much as that should be the way it is, if it’s wet, Ginnivan would make a good inclusion.
Reef is good enough at ground level that wet weather wouldn’t be an issue imo

I'm back on risking Mihocek. Richmond looks most vulnerable in defence and that was even before Broad got suspended. Tarrant is still out as well.

Grimes and Vlastuin are basically trying to carry rarest-skillset-Balta through whilst Rioli tries his best to mimic Nick Daicos up the ground.

Also, let's not forget that McStay very much helped end Richmond's season last year. Three cheers for Dan McStay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back