INT: Beams OBree Sidebottom Johnson

FB: Thornton Jamison Joseph
HB: Scotland Bower Walker
C: Simpson McClean Gibbs
HF: Yarran O'Hailpin Robinson
FF: Henderson Waite Betts
Foll: Kreuzer Judd Murphy
INT: Warnock Carrazzo Hadlee Grigg

These are two full strength sides IMO (Thanks Hellfire i stole your side)

Where does one whip the other. Full strength are they close or poles apart?

Discuss (if you actually give two hoots on this topic)

Collingwood have the better backline.
Carlton have the best midfielder (Judd), however Collingwoods depth in this area, particularly ruck, is much better.
Up forward its no contest, Pies easily.

Collingwood look a Top 4 side, Carlton cusp of the 8.

How many of thos flags did your corrupted football club buy?
Everytime Carlton fans get owned in threads they bring out the premiership factor, its the only thing they can brag about after not playing finals for 10 years and probs another 10 years.

Shit i must be well confused even though we capitulated im pretty sure it was in September and was called a ''Final" in 09:thumbsu::rolleyes:

I think the biggest gap between the sides is on the bench. The pies bench s***s over Carltons. And that is very important in my opinion

quite possibly one of the stupidest posts ive read on here:thumbsu:
and then tries to back it up with an opinion of his own?!
perfect wceagle you are a funny intelligent being
thanks for the laugh:p

And Murphy only runs one way, has zero defensive ability and has poor disposal. Until he fixes those he will not be Pendle's equal.

And my big brother is tougher than your big brother?

Pendlebury is a 25-30 metre safe option player. That is his rating outside Collingwood. Murphy is a 50 metre penetrating player. No comparison.

I have in fact done so in this thread, but don't let that interfere with your little rant. Collingwood in 10 and probably 11. After that I see our development overtaking.

Didn't say that either. It's pretty much unanimous outside Collingwood that pendles lacks penetration in disposal. Until he adds that factor he is not Murph's equal.

Pendlebury doesn't lack any penetration in his kicking in his first 2 years he was more attacking and regularly see him hitting up a spearing pass' into the f50.
The last year gone however has seen him change his game to fit in with the the overall game plan of slow, wide movement, "ball in ours means the opposition doesn't have it" MM school of thought.

I have no doubt once Buckley takes over and a more attacking gameplan is implemented we will see the best of Pendlebury.

Also Murphy's kicking comes from the shane o'bree hospital pass of lolipop-ville.

Pendlebury's long kicking penetration will return this year now that Luke Ball has joined the club and will allow Pendlebury to play more of a receiver role, where he can use his skills and football brain to better advantage than last year when he was required to play more in the clearances.

Luke Ball will be the one dishing out the 30 metre kicks instead after Jolly palms it into his chest 25 times a match.

Also Murphy's kicking comes from the shane o'bree hospital pass of lolipop-ville.

You were doing OK until then, even though I don't agree with what you claimed. Then you had to go over the top. Poor play.

The Blues have more matchwinners than Collingwood, but the Pies are probably more even throughout their 22. Davis is one of their only matchwinners, it was a pity he did not play finals last year.
Oh wait.:)

the deflection by carlton supporters in this thread is admirable and almost diguises another sad story.

continually referring to a period of history that before most of them were born in order to soften the pains of today :)

Nice try, not quite.

I've been privileged to see my team win six flags. Based on Andrew Demetriou's new formula for premierships (1 in 16 years, soon to be 1/18 years) I reckon the ones to come are pure bonus.

The Blues have more matchwinners than Collingwood, but the Pies are probably more even throughout their 22. Davis is one of their only matchwinners, it was a pity he did not play finals last year.
Oh wait.:)

The Blues have more match winners, yet the Pies win more matches!

You mean the Blues have more crap players that it's easier to stand out against... yet now Fev is gone... there is only Judd

Carltons Midfield> Collingwoods
Collingwoods defence> Carltons.
Forward line- same

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

what a silly silly silly person.... carlton being compared to a flag when in reality they should be compared to vfl side - and honestly i believe our vfl side would get very close to them...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice try, not quite.

I've been privileged to see my team win six flags. Based on Andrew Demetriou's new formula for premierships (1 in 16 years, soon to be 1/18 years) I reckon the ones to come are pure bonus.

id advise you not to post anywhere near our forum as your responses generally disregard the question or points you were actually debating or being asked- you make your response suit your self asked questions/arguments and try to post them as if they were asked by someone earlier... if you dont understand what im saying look through a discussion i had with wa hile back and you will fully understand (well, if you were a logical thinker) what im talking about....

as for flags, you wont see any in the near future....
and finally, being alive for 6 flags isnt the same as seeing 6 flags - so tell us how old you are so we can some idea of what you have actually seen..

FB: Maxwell Prestigiacomo Toovey
HB: Shaw Brown O'Brien
C: Thomas, Pendlebury Didak
HF: Davis Cloke Fraser
FF: Medhurst Anthony Lockyer
Foll: Jolly Swan Ball
INT: Beams OBree Sidebottom Johnson

FB: Thornton Jamison Joseph
HB: Scotland Bower Walker
C: Simpson McClean Gibbs
HF: Yarran O'Hailpin Robinson
FF: Henderson Waite Betts
Foll: Kreuzer Judd Murphy
INT: Warnock Carrazzo Hadlee Grigg

These are two full strength sides IMO (Thanks Hellfire i stole your side)

Where does one whip the other. Full strength are they close or poles apart?

Discuss (if you actually give two hoots on this topic)

Who cares about bloody Collingwood , an over rated team made up of other sides rejects , I'll say it again , rejects who could not get a game at their original club .

I find it funny how Carlton supporters can see the difference (which there correctly is) between Judd's disposal hurting opposition compared to Swan's yet completely ignore the same issue with Murphy compared to Pendlebury.

Take the blinkers off Blues fans, give me Pendlebury over Murphy anyday just as Judd over Swan.

Who cares about bloody Collingwood , an over rated team made up of other sides rejects , I'll say it again , rejects who could not get a game at their original club .

Interestingly, we have 4 players on that list that have played for another club and Carlton have 6.
Um?

What is wrong with you people ... don't you know it's March and Collingwood are going to win the premiership because they are the best at everything including drafting of players such as "Daisy" Thomas. By the way how is Daisy going?
Nah, Just give them the premiership now and stop wasting everyone's time.

What is wrong with you people ... don't you know it's March and Collingwood are going to win the premiership because they are the best at everything including drafting of players such as "Daisy" Thomas. By the way how is Daisy going?
Nah, Just give them the premiership now and stop wasting everyone's time.

Better than Walker...

Wow. Wrapped with all the comments. I didnt start this because i thought Carlton were better. Not sure why there are so many comments like surely this thread is a joke.
I personally think the Pies list is better and i also think that they have better depth/unlisted players.
I posted this because it seems a lot of Pies supporters keep writing that Carlton are stuffed without Fev and will struggle to make the 8 in coming years. MarkT wrote that we will struggle like last year to make the 8 and could be bottom 4. Carlton were 13-9 last year. We won 8 games by greater than Fevs contribution. We won 3 games where his substantial contribution was only just greater than the winning margin. Who finished 9th. Waht was there W/L? Did we really just fall in? We have lost Fev, but most of our promising players are kids. There is nobody on the age/decline radar. We add Waite, Walker, Warnock, MCClean, Henderson, Jamison. Number 1 picks like Kreuzer, Murph, Gibbs will be stars. Yarran will be a star. Judd is 26. We have a future ahead of us in the next 5 years that is equal to any young list.
I think we will improve heaps this year from 09. Better plaers, more mature. And so we should, we have so many young guns.
This doesnt mean i dont rate Pies. I think they will finish higher. May not be the case in years to come mind you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back