Collingwood vs. Geelong

• Thread starter Fall Out Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I did expect Collingwood supporters to think that they can win this match, but the amplitude of arrogance shown and the foolishness of dismissing Geelong's chances is laughable.

Geelong are 5th, Collingwood, 13th. That fact alone is enough to suggest that Geelong is the better team and can account for Collingwood.

Alright, so let's look at these key matchups.

Originally posted by Mightypies
Key matchups

Tarrant/Scarlet... Tarrants is to quick and too classy. Tarrant to have a big day out.

Sure Tarrant is a quick player, but let's not forget that we are talking about Scarlett here, one of, if not the best defender in the league. To say that Tarrant is gonna have 'a big day out' is wishful thinking. It's possible, but definately not guaranteed.

Rocca/Harley Rocca will be too big and strong. He will destroy Harley.

Rocca is a good player, and is capable of beating Harley, and I'll concede that he'll probably kick a couple. But Harley is also a good player and certainly won't let Rocca 'destroy' him.

Fraser/.?. Who will Geelong put on this man when he wonders up forward. Was BOG last week and gave Everrit a toweling so is in great form.

Well at least you're not making any outrageous comments here. If King can get back into some form, it will be an even matchup in my opinion. If Mooney plays on him, Fraser will own in the hitouts but Mooney will beat him around the ground.

Johnson/Ablett The underrated Johnson will simply be too good for the overrated Ablett.

Sorry, but it is fairly ignorant to call Gaz overrated. If you have seen him play recently you would realise he is a star player. I must admit, I was once skeptical of his ability, but with his performances he has undoubtedly proven himself.

Presti/Kingsley The underrated Presti will probably keep Kingsley goaless.

Kingsley will either have an off or on game. Other plays like Chapman, Mackie, etc will step up if he has an off one.

Grahan is a hack!

I disagree. Graham has shown he is a capable player, but is inconsistent. He could very well have a great game. Who knows?

Buckley will destroy them.

Ling has limited him in the past. Also, there was an interesting stat on the Footy Show that Geelong is the only team Buckley has never polled Brownlow votes against.

Infact the Collingwood midfield will be too strong.

If Collingwood's midfield is your strong point, which part of your team has disapointed this year to be in 13th position? Defence or attack? Because as has been suggested in this thread so far, Geelong doesn't have much of a forward line and we are in 5th position. Must say something about the rest of the team to have done so well.

Props to phatandphreaky for attempting to bring some reality to the Collingwood supporters in this thread (I say 'attempting' because it is obviously lost on them)

Hahaha! I laugh at the Collingwood supporters in this thread! :D (well not the ones who haven't simply disregarded Geelong's chances, but obviouisly they are the intelligent ones and would realise that I'm not talking to them here)

Originally posted by understudy
lol

Geelong have been talkin themselves up all week, even in todays paper its unbelievable the way there going on they'll be doing a victory lap before the game!
That is a hecken joke. The only reason this thread is still going is because of Collingwood halfwits like you have been talking up how good your chances are all week after you beat the hapless Hawthorn. Take a look at yoursleves first. 

Originally posted by Akalon
Well I did expect Collingwood supporters to think that they can win this match, but the amplitude of arrogance shown and the foolishness of dismissing Geelong's chances is laughable.
You do realise phatandphreaky is a Geelong supporter don't you! You do realsie the tone iof the start of the thread don't you?
Originally posted by Akalon
If Collingwood's midfield is your strong point, which part of your team has disapointed this year to be in 13th position?
That's pretty easy. Midfield minus Buckley and Burns. Attack minus Tarrant and Rocca. Defense minus Pesti. Games missed as well as injury and return-recovery games.

The fact is Collingwood’s midfield has carried it into two grand finals. I could ask the same question to you in reverse. What got Collingwood to two grand finals if not the midfield? If you are unsure have a look at the entire Malthouse coaching history.

Originally posted by bugeyz
That is a hecken joke. The only reason this thread is still going is because of Collingwood halfwits like you have been talking up how good your chances are all week after you beat the hapless Hawthorn. Take a look at yoursleves first. 

Im calling it a 50/50 game mate, have done all week, everywhere and have never strayed from it. Got no idea what you are on about. If anyone has show arrogance in this thread it is the oh so cocky, geelong hath arrived, phatandphreaky. You reap what you saw. Dont go crying wolf now.

Originally posted by bugeyz
That is a very sensible way to try and show these Collingwood supporters that they are not the best thing in the league. Pity they still won't get it or even reason with it.

While the sarcasm coming from one Geelong supporter is clearly obvious, it went straight over your head.

God knows, how you are going to know when Collingwood supporters are playing the same game.

Originally posted by understudy
If anyone has show arrogance in this thread it is the oh so cocky, geelong hath arrived, phatandphreaky.

I have a right to be arrogant and cocky when talking up Collingwood, given their excellent record and undeniable talent.

Originally posted by MarkT
You do realsie the tone iof the start of the thread don't you?

What odds that is forgotten should Collingwood get the win tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WHEN!

My most humble apologies, lost myself for a second there.

In all seriousness, have been looking forward to this game for 4 months, although am a tad nervous.

Should be a good game. Not happy that I can’t make it. I have to attend a work function so I gave my rickets to my brother. Scarlet v Tarrant will be interesting. Geelong's pace is a worry as is anyone's pace for Collingwood. No point getting serious new though.

Some people have way to much time on their hands.

Looking forward to tonights game. Should be a decent crowd, and hopefully it will be close contest.

Geelong have been playing well, and with a top 4 berth still a chance should have too much to play for. That said, the Pie lineup tonight is close to our strongest for the year. The suggestion of Williams coming in though fills me with dread.

Should be a good game. Not happy that I can’t make it. I have to attend a work function so I gave my rickets to my brother. Scarlet v Tarrant will be interesting. Geelong's pace is a worry as is anyone's pace for Collingwood. No point getting serious new though.

Tarrant is my major worry. His ability to run hard to contests could hurt us.

If Tarrant is on, not even Shaggy will stop him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back