FIVEaa 1900-2130 (relay via 3AW)
Weather;

Radar;

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR023.loop.shtml#skip
Forecast;
http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/melbourne.shtml

Teams;

COLLINGWOOD
1. Leon Davis, 2. Chris Tarrant, 5. Nick Maxwell, 7. Andrew Krakouer, 8. Harry O'Brien, 12. Luke Ball, 13. Dale Thomas, 14. Luke Rounds, 15. Leigh Brown, 17. Dayne Beams, 19. Cameron Wood, 20. Ben Reid, 21. Sharrod Wellingham, 23. Lachlan Keefe, 25. Tom Young, 26. Ben Johnson, 27. Simon Buckley, 28. Ben Sinclair, 30. Brent Macaffer, 32. Travis Cloke, 34. Alan Toovey, 35. Alex Fasolo, 36. Dane Swan, 37. Kirk Ugle, 38. Scott Reed, 39. Heath Shaw, 45. Tom Hunter, 48. Jye Bolton, 50. Shae McNamara

SYDNEY SWANS
1. Mark Seaby, 2. Rhyce Shaw, 3. Jarrad McVeigh, 4. Daniel Hannebery, 5. Ryan O'Keefe, 7. Brett Meredith, 8. Trent Dennis-Lane, 9. Nick Malceski, 10. Daniel Currie, 11. Jed Lamb, 12. Josh Kennedy, 13. Andrejs Everitt, 14. Craig Bird, 15. Kieren Jack, 16. Gary Rohan, 20. Sam Reid, 21. Ben McGlynn, 22. Byron Sumner, 23. Lewis Johnston, 24. Jude Bolton, 25. Ted Richards, 26. Luke Parker, 29. Martin Mattner, 32. Lewis Jetta, 33. Jarred Moore, 37. Adam Goodes, 38. Mike Pyke, 39. Heath Grundy, 42, Paul Bevan
Preview (Dave86);

http://bit.ly/gEQ44t

My Thoughts;

So we made it through to round 2 of the NAB Cup, whatever that is worth, but at least it gets all pie fans another chance to see our team, whether at the ground or not.

A few ins this weekend for the pies, with the big ones being the return of our premiership captain, Nick Maxwell, our league leading gatherer in Dane Swan, and our man mountain at CHF in Travis Cloke. Tonight will also see the senior debut of the big man from the United States, with Shae McNamara making set to share ruck duties with Cameron Wood, who was so good in week one.

nick1.jpg

A few notable outs, with Pendles, Jolly, Blair, Dawes and Sidebottom sitting out, with no real concerns over any as far as injury goes.

As for our opponents this week, the Swans, they got through mainly on the back of the GWS failed experiment, as the only “lucky losers” to advance from week one. They welcome back O'Keefe and Grundy, to what was already a pretty strong squad. Some of their youngsters were impressive last weekend, with Jed Lamb, Bryon Sumner and Lewis Johnston the standouts in Blacktown.

We obviously have a great record against the Swans, as I think the last time they beat us man might have just landed on the moon for the first time.

Anyway, not a lot to really write about in week 2, we get to see plenty of our “kids” going around again though, with the very promising Luke Rounds popping his head up for the first time this season. Ugle and Bolton were probably the standout of our youngsters in week one, and both are named in the initial 29 man squad (to be trimmed to 26 soon).

What I would like to see.

shae1.jpg

I don't think there's any doubt that there's one really exciting facet to tonight's game, and that's Shae McNamara's senior debut. We have all loved the energy and effort he has bought to the club, and as long as he just “has a go” tomorrow night, he will endear himself into the hearts of many magpie fans who will be seeing him in the flesh for the first time.
A goal or two, and some solid ruckwork, which is his best skill at the moment, would be a great return for the big man, and you just never know what we may have on our hands if he can lift under the bright lights of the AFL.

Tip;

Fairly hard game to “nail” as far as a tip goes, if anything we have a weaker team in then we had last week, although the return of Swan and Maxwell, who just don't know how to “take it easy” will obviously boost our output.
As long as someone can contain Goodes and O'Keefe up forward, we should be able to win this match by a generous margin.

PIES BY 22.:thumbsu:

Couldn't agree more on Shae. Now is his time to shine, he just needs to make the most of it. He's come a long way from those youtube trial videos people laughed at. I'm not so confident of a win though, I think Sydney have a stronger side than us, so who knows. I'd love a win because it means another week on TV, but I won't be disappointed if Sydney manage to get one over us.

Hopefully it's a good game to watch as Sydney have come out saying they want to step up their defense even more. No offense to any Swans supporters but when Sydney play defensive football they're one of the most boring sides to watch.

In saying that whenever they seem to try and play defensive footy against us they usually get smashed.

Good work matty.

I wonder where those old you tubes Zahki mentioned would be, and if any tech guru could put them here.

It'd be great for anyone who hasn't seen or doesn't remember them to see them before he runs out tomorrow night, just to see how much work he has done.

Should be a close game, holding Goodes might be the key

As Mr Miyagi said "Win, lose, no matter"
Just hoping for performances from the kids and getting through unscathed. Will be my first trip to the footy since the 2010 GF replay... not sure tonight's is going to be as memorable of an experience ;)

I wonder where those old you tubes Zahki mentioned would be, and if any tech guru could put them here.

It'd be great for anyone who hasn't seen or doesn't remember them to see them before he runs out tomorrow night, just to see how much work he has done.

Here you go;

[youtube]bYCOZ4O0Eh4[/youtube]

And his most memorable VFL moment so far;

[youtube]8DxgWy_UfBo[/youtube]

These are some clips from his trip out to LA after the initial video. This was prior to Collingwood inviting him over for the first time. This was after the Swans had told him they were no longer interested, and before anyone else had expressed any interest in him.

[youtube]cuF3JQeHdkI[/youtube]

[youtube]WhGrw-ZPhF8[/youtube]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No John McCarthy, is he on the injury list?

I would have thought he would be keen to impress in the NAB cup.

Noticed on Brian's photo's from training yesterday that he was amongst those not playing in tonight's game.

The two's are playing now at the paddock, so interesting to see if he is out there.

Noticed on Brian's photo's from training yesterday that he was amongst those not playing in tonight's game.

The two's are playing now at the paddock, so interesting to see if he is out there.

Anyone from here is there?

I wouldn't mind seeing us win this game, then lose the next one.

It would mean we have had a good pre season, but not over done it as far as trying to win the NAB Cup goes.

I'm secretly hoping we get drawn to go to Western Australia next week, because we will then likely choose a "skeleton" squad, and probably lose, even to the woeful Weagles.

It would mean we have had a good pre season, but not over done it as far as trying to win the NAB Cup goes.

I'm secretly hoping we get drawn to go to Western Australia next week, because we will then likely choose a "skeleton" squad, and probably lose, even to the woeful Weagles.

Fair Enough but I reckon the Suns will beat the Weagles

I think Hird was quoted as saying they are playing the winner of us and sydney and it was mentioned a couple of times in the HS article.

I think Hird was quoted as saying they are playing the winner of us and sydney and it was mentioned a couple of times in the HS article.
Yeah, which is weird, because all last night during the coverage, the Fox commentators kept saying no one would know who they are playing until after Sunday's game.

****ed if I know what's going on, and the AFL seem to know about as much as me.:eek:

Yeah, which is weird, because all last night during the coverage, the Fox commentators kept saying no one would know who they are playing until after Sunday's game.

****ed if I know what's going on, and the AFL seem to know about as much as me.:eek:

SEN were saying last night that the winner of our game will play Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Collingwood vs Sydney Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back