Collingwoods Performance tonite

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure, Collingwood may have come away with the 4 points, but the Dogs are the real winners here. With their super deal that they negotiated with Etihad Stadium management, they'll be able to shout themselves a few slabs of VB and a flagon of McWilliams Cream Sherry from the profits of tonights record crowd. Big party in old Footscray town tonight.

That's not bad, really, even though deep down your being a prick. Enjoy it mate, while you can.

rather play 3 good quarters of footy and win by 1 point than

get smashed in 3 quarters of footy and lose by 1 point

After all the game does go for 4 quarters not 1 boys

We all know a game goes for 4 quarters, lets state the bleeding obvious.

Personally, would rather the other way, plenty of upside in the latter rather than the former!

Just keep deluding yourselves, to nearly lose a game that you had in control is not good form for the next week.

Hawthorn may well get their season back on track with a win next week against the Woods at the "G". Lets see.

Are you complaining about your fixture? Unbelievable!

I would gladly play less games at Etihad and more games interstate. I dare say most Collingwood supporters would feel the same. Also, if we absolutely have to play 2 home games at Etihad, why is it against St.Kilda and the Bulldogs, when we play Freo and Port at the MCG?

Right now, Collingwood are the team to beat (baring St Kilda).

How is that?............................ We have won as many games as you on the trot and are equal on points..........but for Scott McLaren tonight, we would have been a game clear of you in 4th spot come 10pm tomorrow night. ;) :thumbsu: I very much look forward to playing you in a few weeks at home, your only travelling game in 8 weeks. :rolleyes:

How is that?............................ We have won as many games as you on the trot and are equal on points..........but for Scott McLaren tonight, we would have been a game clear of you in 4th spot come 10pm tomorrow night. ;) :thumbsu: I very much look forward to playing you in a few weeks at home, your only travelling game in 8 weeks. :rolleyes:
lol you have go to be kidding me. mclaren and his maggot friends did all they could in the last quarter to get the dogs over the line..

free kicks in the last quarter i believe were 6-1.. 2 blatant ones to us that were missed both resulted in goals.

We all know a game goes for 4 quarters, lets state the bleeding obvious.

Personally, would rather the other way, plenty of upside in the latter rather than the former!

Just keep deluding yourselves, to nearly lose a game that you had in control is not good form for the next week.

Hawthorn may well get their season back on track with a win next week against the Woods at the "G". Lets see.

lol

so you'd rather lose a game by 1 point than win one?

the ridiculous comments that people come up with to play down collingwoods efforts... it's quite funny really.. but keep em coming :thumbsu:

lol you have go to be kidding me. mclaren and his maggot friends did all they could in the last quarter to get the dogs over the line..

free kicks in the last quarter i believe were 6-1.. 2 blatant ones to us that were missed both resulted in goals.

Go back and watch the game again...........in particular your 2nd and 3rd goals. :rolleyes:

I said this in another thread, but the way I see it, Collingwood took the Dogs' best shot in the end, and still came out victors. Anything before that wasn't just 'the Dogs playing poorly'. It was Collingwood forcing them to make bad decisions and bad kicks, and making them play that way. Give us some credit.

I don't think the Bulldogs have any excuses, and it can't be turned into a 'Bradbury' win for Collingwood. None of the Dogs' better players played poorly (they all at least had a lot of the footy), and they didn't have anyone out who is in their best 22 as far as I know. Yet Collingwood still won :D

I think a number of things weren't working for us in the last quarter.

1. We were damn tired! We had been out running the bulldogs all game by running back and forth to help out our defence. So the reason we kept conceding was because our players weren't getting back in time. And then when we went forward we would only fumble it I think we were just so exhausted our skills started to let us down going forward.

2. I know it sounds stupid. But the umpires made some terrible decisions in that quarter - the push in the back against medhurst, the decision not to pay Dick a free kick after he was tripped in our back line, another unpayed free kick to dick after he was clearly pushed in the back along with a lot of soft holding the ball penalties. I hope we don't have umpire McLaren in the finals because he can turn a game on its head just from one bad decision it can completely change the momentum undeservedly.

3. Josh Frasers injury let us get absolutely slaughtered in the clearances. The reason Footscray hardly scored is because our midfielders had time to push back and pressure their forwards all game. But when they got straight out clearances and bombed it in their 50 there was no one helping out our defence and that killed us. Leigh Brown should never ruck and we should always play 2 ruckman. That knee will trouble Josh Fraser his entire career.

Other then that I think we played an ok game of footy. Not our best. There were players who weren't at their best (medhurst, cloke, dick and Fraser) and I think when we've got all 22 playing as they should we can beat just about anyone. Our defense played so so well though. Maxwell, Harry O and Goldsack played extremely well 1 on 1 and our midfield really helped them out well.
I also like how we played the corridor sometimes. We probably surprised the Bulldogs with that and its good we can mix it up going forward which makes us less predictable.

I they didn't have anyone out who is in their best 22 as far as I know. Yet Collingwood still won :D

I'm pretty sure that any doggies fan would say Gia was missed tonight and def in our best 22. But Rocca didn't play either so I guess that's a fair trade then!

It's amazing that Coll win and some of you are still complaining that's the umps got us back in it...please!! how many of your first 5 goals were from frees?? Im a very disappointed doggies supporter but some Coll fans in here are kidding themselves. The last quarter was the way it was because the dogs are a much fitter side and still had 30min of run left. In the end we all got a very exciting last qtr and Coll got the points...that's it.

But if you want to discuss free kicks that weren't paid let us know...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't mention Davis' mark a metre over the boundary line either.:mad:

We were lucky to get that close after the tripe we served up in the first three quarters let's be honest. Looking forward to the rematch.

I couldn't agree more. There shouldn't (and prob isn't) one dogs fan happy with last night. But the way we came back does show we are a good side but our performance was fas from good enough.

I'd also just like to say my heart and thoughts go out to Gilbs and his family during this horrible time

I couldn't agree more. There shouldn't (and prob isn't) one dogs fan happy with last night. But the way we came back does show we are a good side but our performance was fas from good enough.

We are also looking forward to another 4 points in round 22 :D

We have heard it all on this thread. Bulldogs are more talented, fitter, stronger, the only challenger to the top two.The rest of us should just give it away as there is no chance of us going near the big 3 teams. I bet some Geelong and Stkilda fans would be nervous at the thought of playing the Pies in a final at the MCG. I also think Adelaide and Brisbane are great teams :thumbsu:

I have no problem with the players being so excited after the game.

On quite a few occassions the Dogs picked up momentum and looked to get back into the game however each time Collingwood had the answers.

In the last quarter though they were very good and when the were less than a kick in it with five minutes left and all that momentum you would have thought that they were monties to take it out. That last five minutes by the Pies won the game. They lifted another notch and did enough to hold on.

I'd like to say that Collingwood deserved to win as they outplayed us for the majority of the game. There is no use saying if we played 4 quarters of football we would have won, bottom line is we didn't. Whether it was their pressure or our inability no one will know.
Surely magpie supporters must acknowledge that tonight's result tell us nothing about the differences in the two sides. The StKilda V Geelong result didn't tell me that the Saints were a better side, all it said was that they were in front when it counted. I think there is very little separating Collingwood and us, two determined sides that have already been written off.
I for one enjoy the way Collingwood play and have admiration for some of their players. I just hope come September all the top 4 teams are in good form and that will give us a true indication of who is the better team.

Hope we get one back in round 22.

I thought St Kilda and Geelong last week played very well and Pies and Dogs yesterday played very well to. So we know that the top two are very close and 3 and 4 are close, in two weeks with Saints Dogs we will see if all the top four are on equal footing.

What a final series we have coming.

I have just one point to make...

1 Point!:D

8ad2e200.gif

I'd also just like to say my heart and thoughts go out to Gilbs and his family during this horrible time
We should never have let you get back into the game the way we did, but that's what good sides do, they manage to get back in to the game at all costs. Full credit to the Doggies, but 1 qtr doesn't win you matches very often.

Good 3 qtrs by us showed what we are capable of, even with JA, Cloke, Dick & Medhurst kicking 2 goals between them.

Sad time for the Gilbee family obviously, never a good thing to read, hope his father beats the shocking disease :thumbsu:

Full credit to the Dogs last night. They just never give in. They did it to Geelong earlier in the year too. They run out games very well and have the ability to scofre quickly.

However, last night, save for that final quarter, Collingwood smashed them on their home turf, on a ground the Pies don't generally play too well on. The Pies for 75% of the game were a 5-7 goal better team. Defensivey they were super, midfield ran hard and the forward line functioned well despite minimal contributions from key forwards.

The stats and the final result flatter the Bulldogs.

They got and rightly so , 3 free kicks in the first quarter that resulted in goals .
Brad Johnson was playing for himself and Collingwood reaped the benefit of such decisions .Collingwood are a very disciplined team .

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwoods Performance tonite

Remove this Banner Ad

Back