Combined Kurt Tippett contract negotiation/trade possibility thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well apparently the Rush Hour with Roo had an email from a friend of Tippets now ex-girlfriend saying that he no longer wanted to be with her as he was moving back home at the end of the year. Their saying this is a reliable source.

Now dont shoot the messenger and i'm not saying i agree with this but thought it was worth sharing for discussion.

Troll? That is most piss weak post I have ever read. Even you can do better than that feenix.

If only the same could be said for you and your mate SP :rolleyes:

SP trotting out the simplistic comparison between players and their worth is a case in point. If he really was a "savvy" investor, then he would recognise the very real difference between a midfielder and a marking forward/ruckman. Sure, Pat's a superstar in the making, and would be our highest paid player by a street if it was based purely on football ability. But of course, such a measure is simplistic.

Case in point, Geelong lose the best player in the comp, then come out and win the 2011 premiership with an ageing list. The key reason they won? A stellar performance by a young power forward. Geelong dont win that game without that performance. Is he the most talented player in the team? Hell no. Is he the most valuable as a potential matchwinner? The evidence, on the biggest stage, doesn't lie.

Case in point, Geelong lose the best player in the comp, then come out and win the 2011 premiership with an ageing list. The key reason they won? A stellar performance by a young power forward. Geelong dont win that game without that performance. Is he the most talented player in the team? Hell no. Is he the most valuable as a potential matchwinner? The evidence, on the biggest stage, doesn't lie.

So do you think we can pick up Tom Hawkins in some sort of deal involving Tippett?

Yes and no. Having a gun midfield is the key to winning a flag no doubt. However do you think we might have had a flag in 05 or 06 if Pav was our key forward rather than Perrie/McGregor? We still had Roo, Goody, Macca, Edwards floating around the midfield at the time.

When was the last time Candles Kurt got a BOG, I reckon it would be in 2009 when he kicked 8 against the bombers at Etihad. The 3 year since he has not improved at all and is the most overrated and over paid player on our list. Yes he is important and would probably be in the top 10 players at our club, but there are half a dozen players who i would consider more important than him.

Its not his fault that the media go on about his contract and cause it to be a distraction to the team, but if he cared about anything but himself he would end all this speculation and make a decision before the finals.

On another note, is there any other professional sporting league in the world where high paid players leave their clubs to live near their parents? Its so pathectic and embarassing to the AFL. Can you imagine Kobe Bryant quitting his club to live near his mum?

Tippett is worth 700k. Easily. He is one of the most important players on our list and brings the small forwards into the game. Reckon Callinans from drop off coincided with Tippetts injuries, granted last week he was good.

It's going to be an interesting trading season. I know its not going to be a popular comment but I don't think the Crows will get much if anything for Tippet.

The issue is: isn't GWS banned from taking un-contracted players from Adelaide because they took Phil Davis last year? My understanding that this also bans them from taking Adelaide players in the preseason draft this year as to avoid GWS being able to double dip from one club. The issue here is that for Kurt Tippet's sake, at the moment the first live draft pick (at this stage) in the Preseason draft is held by the Gold Coast. Hence, if the ladder stays the same, no trade needs to be worked out between the Gold Coast and Adelaide. Also, there would be no compensation under the new rules as he is not a "free agent" or an "un-contracted player signing". This could be done under the existing rules that have been in place for a long period of time.

The issue is that Tippet can just walk to the Gold Coast if he wants without compensation. If Brisbane he is the preferred club, the compensation will be more but I can't see it being great as Tippet can still just walk if he doesn't really care where he ends up. That being said, the indications seem to be that he would prefer the Gold Coast because he has a stronger connection there.

These are reasons poor investors use to justify the red on their books.

If you want to start paying guys based on flight risk, you are going to end up with a bunch of very unhappy players.

He is not worth 700k a year. Not by any stretch of the imagination. If someone else wants to pay him a million, I see that as a win for us. Not only is he off our books, he's a liability on one of our competitors'.

Bonus.

I totally agree potentially he is worth $700k, however he has yet to deliver on that.

Can someone please assist me as I do not know the answer to this, is Sam Day available and is he worth the trade for
$Kurt$

It's going to be an interesting trading season. I know its not going to be a popular comment but I don't think the Crows will get much if anything for Tippet.

The issue is: isn't GWS banned from taking un-contracted players from Adelaide because they took Phil Davis last year? My understanding that this also bans them from taking Adelaide players in the preseason draft this year as to avoid GWS being able to double dip from one club. The issue here is that for Kurt Tippet's sake, at the moment the first live draft pick (at this stage) in the Preseason draft is held by the Gold Coast. Hence, if the ladder stays the same, no trade needs to be worked out between the Gold Coast and Adelaide. Also, there would be no compensation under the new rules as he is not a "free agent" or an "un-contracted player signing". This could be done under the existing rules that have been in place for a long period of time.

The issue is that Tippet can just walk to the Gold Coast if he wants without compensation. If Brisbane he is the preferred club, the compensation will be more but I can't see it being great as Tippet can still just walk if he doesn't really care where he ends up. That being said, the indications seem to be that he would prefer the Gold Coast because he has a stronger connection there.

The only potential silver lining is that Sheedy would draft Kurt if he walks out on the club as GC are not on the bottom.

Hence while we may lose him for nothing, we screw him.

Getting crap picks or drafts for him is insulting to the AFC.

I think the club can give permission for the Giants to take more than 1 player. Bulldogs did some sort of deal with the Giants.

The only potential silver lining is that Sheedy would draft Kurt if he walks out on the club as GC are not on the bottom.

Hence while we may lose him for nothing, we screw him.

Getting crap picks or drafts for him is insulting to the AFC.
I don't believe that GWS can draft Kurt Tippet. The AFL were very particular that the expansion clubs couldn't double dip from teams and put in place a ban on them taking players in the PSD from clubs where they had already taken their free agent from. If a player was taken in the PSD then he became their un-contracted player selection from that club. Hence, why Cornes et al didn't just nominate for the draft. GWS have already taken Phil Davis from Adelaide so can't take anymore players from Adelaide. GC were banned for that first year but as we know GWS are spread over two years. Hence, I don't believe that GWS can draft Kurt Tippet.

So GWS can't screw the GC. For Kurt's sake, GC have the no. 1 pick in the PSD. The only way they wouldn't would be if another club besides GWS manages to finish below the GC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well apparently the Rush Hour with Roo had an email from a friend of Tippets now ex-girlfriend saying that he no longer wanted to be with her as he was moving back home at the end of the year. Their saying this is a reliable source.

Now dont shoot the messenger and i'm not saying i agree with this but thought it was worth sharing for discussion.

Of course he could have just told her that as an excuse to break up? ;)

When was the last time Candles Kurt got a BOG, I reckon it would be in 2009 when he kicked 8 against the bombers at Etihad. The 3 year since he has not improved at all and is the most overrated and over paid player on our list. Yes he is important and would probably be in the top 10 players at our club, but there are half a dozen players who i would consider more important than him.

Its not his fault that the media go on about his contract and cause it to be a distraction to the team, but if he cared about anything but himself he would end all this speculation and make a decision before the finals.

On another note, is there any other professional sporting league in the world where high paid players leave their clubs to live near their parents? Its so pathectic and embarassing to the AFL. Can you imagine Kobe Bryant quitting his club to live near his mum?

This year vs st.kilda when he kicked 6 he was clear BOG. While I think walker is a much better player, Tippett is just as important. We are building an awesome team at the moment, but if he leaves it's gonna hurt us.

"Reportedly" being the key word in that sentence. Regardless, I dont really see him being worth anymuch more then Mitch Clark was, and all we got for him was pick 12. So for Adelaide to demand a Pick 5 player 2 years into his career AND a pick 7-9 (whatever we get) is a bit of a slap it the face, especially considering Tippets form, recent events in his life and so forth.

I agree. I think Polec and your first pick ( 8 ish) for our first pick and Tippett.

I don't believe that GWS can draft Kurt Tippet. The AFL were very particular that the expansion clubs couldn't double dip from teams and put in place a ban on them taking players in the PSD from clubs where they had already taken their free agent from. If a player was taken in the PSD then he became their un-contracted player selection from that club. Hence, why Cornes et al didn't just nominate for the draft. GWS have already taken Phil Davis from Adelaide so can't take anymore players from Adelaide. GC were banned for that first year but as we know GWS are spread over two years. Hence, I don't believe that GWS can draft Kurt Tippet.

So GWS can't screw the GC. For Kurt's sake, GC have the no. 1 pick in the PSD. The only way they wouldn't would be if another club besides GWS manages to finish below the GC.

Are you f****ing serious?????
Our club is screwed yet again.

GC will not give up a thing, if the roles were reversed. I would tell the AFC not to give up a single player!

Now we will never get a Sam Day at our club at least not next year.

AFC - screwed for three consecutive years.

ARGUABLY - with Davis and Bock in our team we would have definitely be ranked number 1 for the flag this year.

Tippett is worth 700k. Easily. He is one of the most important players on our list and brings the small forwards into the game. Reckon Callinans from drop off coincided with Tippetts injuries, granted last week he was good.

Jenkins is starting to learn Tip's role in the forward line.

Given we offered Tip up for trade last year, I dont think Sando is too fussed if he goes or stays. I reckon our recruiters saw something in Jenkins and with more game time in the role he is an adequate replacement for Tip.

The five pillars of our team going forward are Talia, Sloane, Patty, Jacobs and Walker. These are the guys that have to stay for us to have success.

TBH I am more concerned about a lack of a genuine second KPD given Rutten is showing signs his final years are near.

* I do not think Kurt has made his mind either way
* I also highly doubt a 5 year, 5 million offer is on the table
BUT, if he has been offered those dollars and wants us too match
*Let him go.! He is not in our 5 best players (Thommo, Danger, Sloane, Walker, Sauce) Talia isnt far off either!
*No more paying for potential... Danger deserves to be our highest paid player at 600k. And this is the number 1 reason he hasn't signed. He has been asked to take a paycut. I think Brisbane would be well aware of that and I highly doubt they are trying to beat Adelaides offer by over 400K a year. Why the hell would you if you were Brisbane? I would be playing the home card, get Browny to make him feel loved and maybe offer his old contract with an extra 50k on top. I wouldn't be throwing the bank at him, it would be totally irresponsible by a club that has already been burnt badly ( Fevola) A million dollars over 5 could kill Brisbane if Kurt doesn't work out or keeps serving up the ordinary football he has played in the last 3 years.
*Never underestimate team harmony and culture. If you want sustained success follow the Geelong model and the old Adelaide one for payments.
*I would rather a top 10 pick and Polec and they receive our first rounder, say 18 than cripple ourselves trying to keep a bloke who is no certainty to even be a very good player and ruin our culture.. For the last 2 years he has been handy at best.
* Danger is going to be our best player for the next 5 years. NO ONE should be paid more than him. It is a joke to even suggest otherwise.

* I do not think Kurt has made his mind either way
* I also highly doubt a 5 year, 5 million offer is on the table
BUT, if he has been offered those dollars and wants us too match
*Let him go.! He is not in our 5 best players (Thommo, Danger, Sloane, Walker, Sauce) Talia isnt far off either!
*No more paying for potential... Danger deserves to be our highest paid player at 600k.
*Never underestimate team harmony and culture. If you want sustained success follow the Geelong model and the old Adelaide one for payments.
*I would rather a top 10 pick and Polec and they receive our first rounder, say 18 than cripple ourselves trying to keep a bloke who is no certainty to even be a very good player and ruin our culture.. For the last 2 years he has been handy at best.
* Danger is going to be our best player for the next 5 years. NO ONE should be paid more than him. It is a joke to even suggest otherwise.
I can't believe any club would commit five years to him with his injuries this year. Far too much of a risk. Crazy Vossy is back mofos............

Is there a rumor circulating that Tippett will announce his intentions this Friday?

Like this trade. on top of an already strong midfield we add a further 2 top 5 mids ( crouch, polec) then we still have another top 10 quality pick.
We are not going to get Polec and pick #8. One, or the other, but not both. Brisbane may give up a player in addition to pick #8, but it won't be someone of Polec's calibre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back