Opinion Commentary & Media VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he has been given an internal document that has legitimacy then it is a very real and concerning story.

I would have preferred our Chair to come out and say the internal memo he referred to was one of many options that was rejected totally by the Board as one that was tried 20 years ago and was showed to have failed hence will not be considered under this Board's watch.
It's all about marketing to get initial interest. The name North Melbourne and the Shinboner Spirit do nothing for kids, for example. Kangaroos though are uniquely Australian (and cute), and everyone knows what fighting spirit is. I didn't even read much of the article but one of the quotes quite explicitly said how they want to draw new people in with something recognisable like Fighting Spirit and then educate them on the Shinboner Spirit.

We're not abandoning anything.

What is this bizarre piece

Makes vague allusions about the move towards referring to 'the kangaroos' more often being indicative of a the club being open to relocation.

Spends the rest of the article outlining in its proper context the memo, something he's obviously been digging in someone's recycling bin to find, which is clearly a consultation on the clubs marketing direction. Thus completely negating the opening paragraph of his shitty article.

What a farking douche nozzle. :roflv1:

has anyone ever actually heard the phase kangaroo/fighting spirit in any context ever? i feel like that's definitely made up
It's currently on the NMFC website as a click banner for membership that says "That Kangaroo Spirit". Probably wouldn't have noticed until today.

What is this bizarre piece

With this article the level of idiocy in AFL media has reached such a low that this is the only living thing that can see it.

anglerfish-finding-nemo2.jpg

Aside to the stupidity of such a non-entity of a story, since when was an erroneous interpretation of what is so freely available for public consumption that it was on the team jumper (whose supplier has changed in the last 12 months), and on a sign at the club's headquarters an 'exclusive'. In other "exclusives" from Ronny, the Western Bulldogs clearly support Putin's invasion of Ukraine as their jumper retains the colours of the Russian flag, and the Melbourne Football club are Satanists because they've been called "Demons" for nearly 90 years. North have also traded out blokes with the surnames "Brown" and "Black" in the last 10 years, so obviously we're all racists.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have just turned 8. I had cracked the shits and turned off my little transistor as I would have been in the yard listening to the game and kicking a footy around. And of course we now were winners and losing wasn't an option.

Dad came out and said you may want to turn your radio back on :) If I close my eyes I can still see it...

Imagine the 8yo North supporter every week in 2013.

Runs into the backyard celebrating the inevitable 30pt+ win only to see Dad walk out with a solemn face "um Little Johnny, a couple of things happened in the last couple of minutes of the game.. sit down..".

Only 21k at the Tigers game last night. Bet your bottom dollar you won’t hear a peep from Caro about this.

Nah, she, along with the rest of the football media, will provide the untouchables with 100 different excuses and justifications, and the focus will all be about scheduling and Thursday night footy. Just like last year when they had dreadful crowds at the Docklands and rather than criticize that, or Dimma's pathetic petulant comments about the stadium, the focus was all on scheduling and fixtures. To quote Digger from the Coodabeens "you can't touch em!"

Of course not because they’re richth and have lots and lots of sthupporters

Heard someone on the wireless this a.m. who wanted to go last night. They wanted to take someone with health issues and sit on level 2 in at least some comfort. Tickets were like $70 !
AFL has big problems.

Heard someone on the wireless this a.m. who wanted to go last night. They wanted to take someone with health issues and sit on level 2 in at least some comfort. Tickets were like $70 !
AFL has big problems.
Yeah one of my kids wanted to book for the Roos game and level 2 GA is $75. I don’t get it. But remember Hoj the tigersth are very ricth so it doesthn’t matter that their crowd wasth low 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back