Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely pathetic justice system we have here.......complete thug behaviour and he gets a fine. Fat lot of good the "coward punch" campaign has done. I *ing can't stand this sort of gutless behaviour.
The sentence was for the other party involved in the push and shove.

The main offender hasn’t been sentenced yet.

The sentence was for the other party involved in the push and shove.

The main offender hasn’t been sentenced yet.
Yeah fair enough, worked that out as I read on.....that stupid fkwit still started the whole thing though. Nothin happens without him being a dickhead in the beginning.

Victoria is an absolute shambles when it comes to so many measures of society.

Am I too old? I need to question myself because I feel my views are starting to get on the extreme side and perhaps its me thats changed over the past decade.

I just do not understand how the government can both shoot dumb protestors at the shrine of rememberance, and also be so weak when it comes to aggressive violence, attempted murder, and just general policing and justice.

Financials in the shit, lowest growth among all states, population leaving. I mean and just from a personal perspective my mates in syd and qld have told me how Melbourne just doesn't have the same vibe anymore and not the kind of place you want to see. Its a shit place, run by shit people, with shit agendas, and complete control and the dumb shits that vote for them.

Rant over.

Am I too old? I need to question myself because I feel my views are starting to get on the extreme side and perhaps its me thats changed over the past decade.

I just do not understand how the government can both shoot dumb protestors at the shrine of rememberance, and also be so weak when it comes to aggressive violence, attempted murder, and just general policing and justice.

Financials in the s**t, lowest growth among all states, population leaving. I mean and just from a personal perspective my mates in syd and qld have told me how Melbourne just doesn't have the same vibe anymore and not the kind of place you want to see. Its a s**t place, run by s**t people, with s**t agendas, and complete control and the dumb shits that vote for them.

Rant over.
Melbourne, the land of the $16.50 pint!

Old one. But Cornes actually said something that approached being a compliment toward North/North players on SEN the other day.

When discussing "Players you saw for the first time and just thought WOW", the 2 he picked were LDU and Wardlaw.

Financials in the s**t, lowest growth among all states, population leaving. I mean and just from a personal perspective my mates in syd and qld have told me how Melbourne just doesn't have the same vibe anymore and not the kind of place you want to see. Its a s**t place, run by s**t people, with s**t agendas, and complete control and the dumb shits that vote for them.

Rant over.

Thanks, Tom Elliott.

Rant over.

>>>>>>Grumpy Old Thread

Rant over.
I'm no blind Vic patriot, but the millions of people who have come to Melbourne over the last decade and a bit, and the many more who want to and who are at some stage of the visa process, would probably disagree with your view on 'shitness.' Perspective is important. Go outside. Sit in a green space. Breathe the fresh air. Enjoy the peace and lack of armed conflict. We have it pretty good

Can't really argue with the issues around our defence. Still reckons it is pessimistic.

Josh Jenkins’ extended 2024 ladder prediction - 18 to 13​

Position: 16th

Most excited to see (big improver or acquisition)

Charlie Comben’s return. He’s a fearless target ahead of the ball beside Nick Larkey. He attacks the ball in the air and like all the key forwards these days, he’s around 6’7”. He’s coming off a broken ankle/leg and is only a handful of games into a career.

Since the age of 15, he’s had: a broken wrist, broken inner cheekbone, fractured kneecap and broken tibia, re-fractured the kneecap… all before he was drafted.

Then, in the AFL: a back fracture, tibial stress issue that needed surgery, broken collarbone, broken ankle which he is recovering from now… talk about a lengthy list!

Sure thing (something you can take to the bank)

Big forwards will kick big bags.

Who plays on Curnow/McKay, Hawkins/Cameron, Lewis, Lynch, King, King, Allen, Naughton/Ugle-Hagan and more?

Aidan Corr is maligned but more importantly he’s just not big enough. Griffin Logue is out most of the season with an ACL injury. Will Dawson is a baby who stands 200cm… but he’s 87kg. Hawkins and those big boys are 105kg or more.

Toby Pink joins as a mature 25-year-old defender but he’s spent 3 seasons on Sydney’s rookie list… can we expect him to man these Coleman Medal winners? Kallan Dawson is another 25-year-old key back. He’s more of a hybrid defender who may be asked to man these types.

Hope and worry (one thing to makes you hopeful and one that’ll make you worry)

Hope: That Tarryn Thomas repays the club with a full season of quality footy without any interruptions or disruptions. Above average ratings for clearances and tackles, can he become elite?

Worry: Todd Goldstein is gone but what’s left? I like Comben long-term as a key forward/ruck chop out but will Tristan Xerri or Callum Coleman-Jones make the leap as a genuine No. 1 ruck up against McInerney, Darcy and Jackson, Gawn, Grundy, Nankervis, Marshall, English… and the list goes on.

Xs and Os (coaching/game plan adjustment)

I want to see the game style evolve - or at least when things are under the pump - not to see the defenders chipping the ball around in protection mode. Too often McKay, Ziebell and Corr were willing to kick sideways and backwards.

-​

Can't really argue with the issues around our defence. Still reckons it is pessimistic.

Josh Jenkins’ extended 2024 ladder prediction - 18 to 13​

Position: 16th

Most excited to see (big improver or acquisition)

Charlie Comben’s return. He’s a fearless target ahead of the ball beside Nick Larkey. He attacks the ball in the air and like all the key forwards these days, he’s around 6’7”. He’s coming off a broken ankle/leg and is only a handful of games into a career.

Since the age of 15, he’s had: a broken wrist, broken inner cheekbone, fractured kneecap and broken tibia, re-fractured the kneecap… all before he was drafted.

Then, in the AFL: a back fracture, tibial stress issue that needed surgery, broken collarbone, broken ankle which he is recovering from now… talk about a lengthy list!

Sure thing (something you can take to the bank)

Big forwards will kick big bags.

Who plays on Curnow/McKay, Hawkins/Cameron, Lewis, Lynch, King, King, Allen, Naughton/Ugle-Hagan and more?

Aidan Corr is maligned but more importantly he’s just not big enough. Griffin Logue is out most of the season with an ACL injury. Will Dawson is a baby who stands 200cm… but he’s 87kg. Hawkins and those big boys are 105kg or more.

Toby Pink joins as a mature 25-year-old defender but he’s spent 3 seasons on Sydney’s rookie list… can we expect him to man these Coleman Medal winners? Kallan Dawson is another 25-year-old key back. He’s more of a hybrid defender who may be asked to man these types.

Hope and worry (one thing to makes you hopeful and one that’ll make you worry)

Hope: That Tarryn Thomas repays the club with a full season of quality footy without any interruptions or disruptions. Above average ratings for clearances and tackles, can he become elite?

Worry: Todd Goldstein is gone but what’s left? I like Comben long-term as a key forward/ruck chop out but will Tristan Xerri or Callum Coleman-Jones make the leap as a genuine No. 1 ruck up against McInerney, Darcy and Jackson, Gawn, Grundy, Nankervis, Marshall, English… and the list goes on.

Xs and Os (coaching/game plan adjustment)

I want to see the game style evolve - or at least when things are under the pump - not to see the defenders chipping the ball around in protection mode. Too often McKay, Ziebell and Corr were willing to kick sideways and backwards.

-​

The Ruck….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rant over.

Enjoy your opinion and enjoy your misery but do some more research.

The population grew by the most in the country in recent numbers and the economy is rebounding well. I live in the CBD and while it’s a work in progress it’s packed most of the time. Special events are still thriving and life goes on.

After a decade atop the worlds most liveable city, sure we have taken a hit to 3rd and it’s still bouncing back but it’s still a great place by nearly all measures.

The Ruck….
The Alastair Clarkson era started last year, but this year is the start of the post-Todd Goldstein era. For the first time since the 35-year-old became the No.1 ruckman at the club in 2010, the Kangaroos will be led by someone else. Tristan Xerri was supposed to supplant him in 2023, but injuries prevented that from happening. Now the 24-year-old is poised to become the main man in 2024. Callum Coleman-Jones also spent time in the ruck last year around injury interruptions. The Kangaroos recruited Bigoa Nyuon from Richmond during the trade period and could deploy the key defender in the ruck if required, given the 22-year-old spent time in the position in the VFL last year. Hamish Free is the other option at Arden Street.

Enjoy your opinion and enjoy your misery but do some more research.

The population grew by the most in the country in recent numbers and the economy is rebounding well. I live in the CBD and while it’s a work in progress it’s packed most of the time. Special events are still thriving and life goes on.

After a decade atop the worlds most liveable city, sure we have taken a hit to 3rd and it’s still bouncing back but it’s still a great place by nearly all measures.
Any economic numbers comming out of Victoria need to assess where that economic gain has come from, in our case its also related to the debt position we have found ourselves in - its not sustainable, which will always inevitably cause more decline in society progress when social services take the hit from mega high construction and debt repayment costs. Where does Victoria make its money?

We did import our way into higher population this last year (all the growth was essentially from our new more lax immigration schemes), so its probably my bad that I didn't bother to really fact check myself and just ranted away, but I still feel so shit about this place.

Well just cancelled my 15 year membership.
Tell Pulp Fiction GIF

Any economic numbers comming out of Victoria need to assess where that economic gain has come from, in our case its also related to the debt position we have found ourselves in - its not sustainable, which will always inevitably cause more decline in society progress when social services take the hit from mega high construction and debt repayment costs. Where does Victoria make its money?

We did import our way into higher population this last year (all the growth was essentially from our new more lax immigration schemes), so its probably my bad that I didn't bother to really fact check myself and just ranted away, but I still feel so s**t about this place.

Lax immigration exclusive to Victoria. Perhaps we need to build a wall. I think you might have been watching too many Trump videos.

Well just cancelled my 15 year membership.
Triggered by this?

"We acknowledge that this date, January 26, represents for many the arrival of the First Fleet on the lands of the Gadigal Peoples of the Eora Nation and the resilience of Australia’s First Peoples since. We recognise the pain and sadness many First Nations Peoples and the broader community may be experiencing at this time. We encourage listening, understanding and reflection of our Nation’s shared past. We will be stronger together when we can celebrate the history of the country we call home, on a date that unites us."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back