Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lax immigration exclusive to Victoria. Perhaps we need to build a wall. I think you might have been watching too many Trump videos.
Not, not exclusive. Immigration can be fine, but if you do not have the infrastructure to support it (and the social cohesion to integrate it) then you just create more desperation in the population. I don't think we have either of those right now, and I kinda think we have seen evidence quite starkly in the past decade of the current lack of ability to integrate sects of immigrants into a positive and cohesive social environment - which is something 20 years ago you would never of said about Victoria.

Any economic numbers comming out of Victoria need to assess where that economic gain has come from, in our case its also related to the debt position we have found ourselves in - its not sustainable, which will always inevitably cause more decline in society progress when social services take the hit from mega high construction and debt repayment costs. Where does Victoria make its money?

We did import our way into higher population this last year (all the growth was essentially from our new more lax immigration schemes), so its probably my bad that I didn't bother to really fact check myself and just ranted away, but I still feel so s**t about this place.

I get the sentiment and we aren’t j. The position we were 5 years ago. But 5 years ago we were in the best places to live in the world.

We still are but there are issues - we can’t deny it.

But don’t talk yourself into a misery when we are still in the top places to live in the world.

The state has already reacted to the issues, it will be ok

I get the sentiment and we aren’t j. The position we were 5 years ago. But 5 years ago we were in the best places to live in the world.

We still are but there are issues - we can’t deny it.

But don’t talk yourself into a misery when we are still in the top places to live in the world.

The state has already reacted to the issues, it will be ok
I welcome your kind words but misery is probably a bit strong of a word to describe what I feel. Just a build up of frustration with a government that has been in too long.

"Magistrate David Starvaggi fined Rawani $1800 and issued him with a stern warning"

After this low life piece of s**t physically assaulted 2 individuals who caused no physical harm.

The Australian justice system IS A ******* JOKE!
A spot on the ACCC awaits magistrate Starvaggi after his courtroom days surely. he could be striking fear into the Supermarket and Fuel franchises like Felly. ( this comment may contain words of sarcastic nature)

Too true. We have no genuine opposition party in Victoria. The Greens have a better chance of forming government in their own right than any of the conservative parties.
they never will outright due to their zero regional presence. but they definitely are getting close to forming a minority government maybe with a center left independent or 2 aligning with them. with their inner city dominance.

Litterally haven't ran a credible candidate against them for what 15 years???

Anyway both parties are ordinary.
How do you even measure that though. Every single opposition will lack credibility until they get the job. It was the same reasoning from the editorial team on The Age this year when they wrote-up there support article for them during the election. I didn't think that take held water then, and I still don't.

Similarly to the federal government, they were in for too long and rot had set in, performance matters and changing governments is the only way to say the performance isn't good enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you even measure that though. Every single opposition will lack credibility until they get the job. It was the same reasoning from the editorial team on The Age this year when they wrote-up there support article for them during the election. I didn't think that take held water then, and I still don't.

Similarly to the federal government, they were in for too long and rot had set in, performance matters and changing governments is the only way to say the performance isn't good enough.
Well they ran mathew guy TWICE! I didnt actually mind big ted but his own mob boned him.

Lord Mayor of Perth Basil Zempilas has come under fire after he called the Australian Open women’s final a “reserves game” at a press conference in Perth.
Rebecca Williams and Staff Writers

4 min read
January 27, 2024 - 4:45PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroo

Perth Lord Mayor Basil Zempilas has come under fire for calling the Australian Open’s women’s final a “reserves match” ahead of a press conference this afternoon.
Zempilas said the line before announcing he would be standing for preselection the Liberal Party at the 2025 election.
Zempilas’ appeared unaware microphones were on when he made the remark, which came after he asked “is there tennis on tonight?”.
After a reporter replied “the female final”, Zempilas looked dismissive before saying “oh, it’s a reserves game then”.

The Lord Mayor has been canned on Twitter, now known as X.

What an ignorant comment from a supposed elected official.

Tonight’s women’s #AusOpen final should be a classic. And attitudes like this about women’s sport need to be called out.

pic.twitter.com/lHjmXkjvll
— Lachlan McKirdy (@LMcKirdy7) January 27, 2024

Petition to have Basil Zempilas face a serve from Aryna Sabalenka #AusOpen
— Tim Michell (@tim_michell) January 27, 2024

Too true. We have no genuine opposition party in Victoria. The Greens have a better chance of forming government in their own right than any of the conservative parties.
I’m not a Victorian so I’ll leave the commentary to others; however, in an 88 seat Lower House where Governments are formed, the Greens currently hold a grand total of four.

Lord Mayor of Perth Basil Zempilas has come under fire after he called the Australian Open women’s final a “reserves game” at a press conference in Perth.
Rebecca Williams and Staff Writers

4 min read
January 27, 2024 - 4:45PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroo

Perth Lord Mayor Basil Zempilas has come under fire for calling the Australian Open’s women’s final a “reserves match” ahead of a press conference this afternoon.
Zempilas said the line before announcing he would be standing for preselection the Liberal Party at the 2025 election.
Zempilas’ appeared unaware microphones were on when he made the remark, which came after he asked “is there tennis on tonight?”.
After a reporter replied “the female final”, Zempilas looked dismissive before saying “oh, it’s a reserves game then”.

The Lord Mayor has been canned on Twitter, now known as X.
Here it is on video. Is and always was a tool...

Here it is on video. Is and always was a tool...

Thinking it is stupid. Saying it is stupider. Saying it standing in front of a microphone during a press conference and having worked in the media is mind blowingly stupid.

Will Ferrell Comedy GIF by filmeditor

I’m not a Victorian so I’ll leave the commentary to others; however, in an 88 seat Lower House where Governments are formed, the Greens currently hold a grand total of four.
Yeah that's hyperbole, making the point that the Libs have such a long way to come back from. I don't seriously believe that the Greens can ever form government. However, I do seriously question whether the Libs will again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back