CONFIRMED: Fev to Brisbane + Pick 27 for Lachlan Henderson and Pick 12

Remove this Banner Ad

I withdrawl my earlier comment after learning further information.

Well done Blues.

BTW, does anyone else find it ironic that they are having the press conference at "Wet and Wild"..... :eek:

Re: The Age: Fev deal done

Has anyone noticed the only ones critical of carlton are the bitter baboons that follow collingwood ??? :D

Much happier with the previous deal, much rather Hendo then Bradshaw, and pick12 over a selfish, soft cry baby like Risky telly :D

Great work Swann and Icke :)

Finally a post I am happy to back you on CP.
For all the trumpeting, Collingwood come away 28yo ruckman. A good ruckman? Yep. The answer to their problems? Far from it.

Cheers mate. Wonder if he can be played up forward. He seems to have good hands?

He has played up forward in the AFLQ and even kicked a bag of 9 in one match. He has potential but just couldnt find the right spot on the lions side

Just saw the Fev press conference. Was quite impressed with his attitude towards joining the Lions.

Just saw the Fev press conference. Was quite impressed with his attitude towards joining the Lions.

Very impressive. Seems he is genuinely remorseful and is looking to the future. Happy days for the lions! Thats the Fevola i want as a lion. Welcome Brendan.

Has anyone noticed the only ones critical of carlton are the bitter baboons that follow collingwood ??? :D

Much happier with the previous deal, much rather Hendo then Bradshaw, and pick12 over a selfish, soft cry baby like Risky telly :D

Great work Swann and Icke :)

Soft Cry Baby Risky? Would you as a midfielder want to play for a team full of midfielders? Or would you prefer to play for a team in the sun with a decent lineup across the ground that will make the finals? Hmmm tough one. Risky will be loved as he is the reason Brisbane have been able to keep Bradshaw and himself in lions colours.

I am happy with the deal but I wouldn't be too upset with it if I was Brisbane. Leigh Matthew nailed it in that, for at least next year, Fev will be on his best behavior and will be an absolute gun.

I reckon to all the people knocking Voss - I say good on him and Brisbane for having the balls to have a genuine crack at the flag.

I'm sick of listening to clubs and supporters crap on about re-building etc etc etc (inc Carlton).

Refreshing to see a club say ' we are going to try and win the flag !!!'.

Damn straight too many clubs rebuild, look at Richmond, they have been rebuilding for 10 years.

Others invest in youth on the off chance these kids become stars. But in the end you just waste 5 years developing them for them to rack off to some other team.

Grand Finals are hard to win, you should give it a crack every year.

Only question for the Lions is where are they going to be in 5 years? Bradshaw, Black and Power will be gone. They just traded one of their most promising young key position players in Henderson along with their first round draft pick this year. And next year's draft will be compromised by Gold Coast getting every second pick.

They'll certainly be a major force for the next 2 or 3 years however.
Where will Brisbane be in 5 years time? If this move can push the lions deeper into the finals next year will you really be worrying about 5 years from now? Do you think Geelong would care about 5 years from now when preparing for this years grand final. Nope. Play for now!!

Yeah, Xavier Clarke, Brent Staker, Andrew Raines, Amon Buchanan, what a bonanza. :D

Cloke and Senata sharing the honors up forward, who needs Fev. There is going to be some serious butt kicking in that forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta say Carlton has handled themselves very well in this trade.

How they came out of this deal with #12 & Henderson is beyond me.

Losing #27 probably gives a slight edge to Brisbane but given the circumstances i reckon Carlton are the winners.

I'm guessing Brisbane supporters would be pretty peeved having lost #12 & Henderson after it looked almost certain that they were going to royally screw Carlton. They rate Henderson very very highly and most were of the opinion that he was far too valuable to include in any trade.

Contrary to what people think Carlton have a pretty solid defence so i reckon they will play Henderson forward and try and develop him there.

Brisbane royally bent over in this trade.

fevola (3 years left) + 2nd round
henderson (10+ years left) + 1st rounder

However it goes against my theory of Carlton being unable to develop their own players, time will tell i guess.:thumbsu:

Very impressive. Seems he is genuinely remorseful and is looking to the future. Happy days for the lions! Thats the Fevola i want as a lion. Welcome Brendan.

Fev is always "genuinely remorseful"

something about Zebras and the changing of spots...

Fev is always "genuinely remorseful"

something about Zebras and the changing of spots...

I'm pretty sure you mean leopards, unless there's been a sudden discovery of spotted zebras...

Gotta say Carlton has handled themselves very well in this trade.

How they came out of this deal with #12 & Henderson is beyond me.

Losing #27 probably gives a slight edge to Brisbane but given the circumstances i reckon Carlton are the winners.

I'm guessing Brisbane supporters would be pretty peeved having lost #12 & Henderson after it looked almost certain that they were going to royally screw Carlton. They rate Henderson very very highly and most were of the opinion that he was far too valuable to include in any trade.

Contrary to what people think Carlton have a pretty solid defence so i reckon they will play Henderson forward and try and develop him there.

This is why I rate most of your posts SirJimi.:thumbsu:

Carlton have done well considering that they had decided that Fevola staying at the club was not a tenable position and that Brisbane appeared to be bidding against themselves.

Kernahan has admitted the Blues are paying 'a substantial amount of money' so the Blues are paying a substantial chunk of Fevola's salary for 2010 and 2011. Certainly the figure of $700,000 quoted in the Age today make sense as Bradsahw ($400,000=$200,000 if VL) and Rischitelli ($300,000) would have taken out around $500,000 from the Lions cap. Henderson alone might take out $150,000).

That makes the deal
Fevola and Pick 27 and a $700,000 contribution to Fevola's salary over 2 years whch goes against Carlton's TPP.

for

Henderson, Pick 12

I dont get some of the things people are posting here.

Yes, this deal is much better for Carlton then the last one, but they bent us over? hardly.

All this "Brisbane have lost a 10 year player in Henderson" stuff makes no sense. If we had given lets say, Bradshaw and pick 12 for Fev (and pick 27 and them paying some of his salary), does anyone really think Henderson, a Victorian born kid who seemed to have no trouble in being traded to Carlton, would have stuck around to wait 3-4 years behind Brown and Fevola, arguably the 2 best forwards in the AFL?

I think we all know the answer.

Yes, Carlton ended up doing very well in this deal. But they didnt "bend us over". Far from it. Brisbane have gained the reining Coleman medalist for pick 12 and a very talent KPP in Henderson, but one that it is very likely would not have stayed at the club very long anyway.

And Carlton are paying some of Fev's salary.

Brisbane were the big winners in this deal. Clearly. We now have a realistic shot at a flag before Brown, Black, Power and co retire.

But Carlton too won out from this deal, securing pick 12 and a talented KPP in Henderson. Considering the circumstances, they have done very well.

IMO, Brisbane could easily have made Carlton give up Fevola for much less. But we didnt, as Vossy and the club arent out to make enemies. I feel very confident that if in future years Brisbane is trading with Carlton, they will remember this deal and pay us back for the kindness showed by the Brisbane Football Club in Carlton's time of need.

I feel that both clubs can/should be very happy with the result of this deal, and i really see no need for either side to go around claiming they "bent the other over" or anything, as it is clearly not true. We get a shot at the flag, whilst Carlton strengthen their club culture by making a stand against Fevola, and have managed to secure some future prospects in the process.

Well done to Vossy and Ratten for handling this like the professionals they are, and securing a trade that benefits both sides.

Voss continues to show he has no idea. Paid way too much for Fev. Guess he was getting desperate to get the deal done and didn't think about what he was actually doing.

Blues have done extremely well, big winners here seeing as Fev was gone anyway, to get that for him is very well done. Brisbane just got bent over.

are you cereal?

a 19 y.o. kid with potential and a pick downgrade from 12-27 - how is that bent over?

that's a fricken steal for the AA full-forward - there are three 100-goal forwards in the competition and two of them play for us now!

are you cereal?

a 19 y.o. kid with potential and a pick downgrade from 12-27 - how is that bent over?

that's a fricken steal for the AA full-forward - there are three 100-goal forwards in the competition and two of them play for us now!

nah, there's actually one player who has kicked 100 goals in a season still playing and he plays for hawthorn.

Remove this Banner Ad

CONFIRMED: Fev to Brisbane + Pick 27 for Lachlan Henderson and Pick 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Back