Confirmed Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be happy if we pick up solomon with that pick number 42, but otherwise we have paid a very high price for tarrant. I'm not too happy with polak for a third round pick though.

sabre_ac said:
We either have a flag in the next two years or Conolly moves past Neesham as the worst thing to happen to this club.

Shattered :(
so true, In the long we will be the looser in this trade.
A premiership will make make the long term pain worth wild.

sabre_ac said:
We either have a flag in the next two years or Conolly moves past Neesham as the worst thing to happen to this club.

Shattered :(
Why do you say two years?

Tarrant is 26. He has 4-6 good years left IMO.

Damn! I wouldn't say I'm totally negative on it, but on face value it seems expensive for us.

We have taken a fair risk on this. I hope all you premiership window theorists are happy.

Ramirezvbundy said:
Unless Taz kicks 50 you've lost out big time!
Give us a break. Tarrant has only just kicked over 50 twice in his career, and a lot of that was when he was right up front. He will be playing way further down the ground with us. Pav will stay closer to goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Medhurst and pick 13 to Polak is a ripping deal?!?

Then we get Polak for pick 42 when he was about to walk and all of a sudden it is the worst deal ever?!?

Medhurst is basically worth nothing.

So we essentially swapped Polak for Tarrant and dropped one pick 29 spots in the draft.

The value will come from Tarrant leading up the ground and allowing the Pav to play out of the square. Pav could be a good bet for the Coleman in 2007, as long as Farmer doesn't steal too many. Connolly is trying to put a team together that can win a flag. Close this year, and with a bit more talent, could go alright. Tarrant needs a fresh start and could be a much improved player away.

As for draft selections, you will feel it in 3-4 years, but you have an advantage in that any talented kids from WA may want to return home, so why draft them now if you have a chance of getting them in the future anyway, especially after they have been developed by other clubs.

Hold up... We lost our 1st round pick in the "superdraft", we lost medhurst and we lost Polak... oh and we get Tarrant (good player) and pick number too far in to matter. What have we done?
And i havent even mentioned that Polly we'll prob become the superstar that he would of done for us in time(talls do taker longer to develop, especially when there are skinny like Polly not ready made like Pav)
and Medders to kick 50 in first season and become a player who hurts us everytime he plays against us... Oh and no one should boo Paul whenever he is back.
Effectively we have lost 3 players(Polly,GHD and pick 13) to gain 1(Taz)

With Tarrant at the club, there is no place for medhurst in the forward line. So I'm not that worried about that. I guess polak could have gone into the PSD, so at least we got something for him. Either way, if Polak didn't want to play for us, I'm pretty happy he is out.

Well once again, Freo are the laughing stock of trade week.
We've got no first round picks in a super draft and given up both our trade baits for a key forward we don't really need.
We needed a midfielder and a key position player that can play both ends.

2 highly tradable commodities for 1 bloke who's head isn't in the right place!

I hope I'm wrong but Tarrant will be Croad mark 2!!

Way To Go!!

****ing hell guys. CC made a team that could win the flag on 2007, not 2009 onwards.

Tarrant was a 5 time leading Goalkicker at Collingwood and was in the AA team in 03.

Yes, he won't kick as many goals as Hall, Fevola, or Lloyd, but he'll be the one bombing it into our forwardline and YES, he can play midfield/wing if need-be.

Personally, good riddens to Polak and Medhurst. Both have done squat in the last 2 years. Maybe a glimpse of good footy once or twice, but nothing serious.

FREO FOR 2007 PREMIERS!

We got screwed. Again. Medhurst and Polak and our first round pick in the superdraft for f***ing Tarrant? ARGGGH!!!

I didn't want the bastard at the club to begin with and no he's costed us way too much.

Effectively we've f***ed our 2007 shot with this one trade. Well done Freo.

FYI for those thinking this will allow Pav to play out of the square just what do you think he's been doing for the past 10 matches? Tarrant is as useless to us as, well, Croad. He is exactly like Croad :mad:

Seriously guys, it's not THAT bad.

Plus remember, TARRRRRRRRRRAANNNNTT!! can take some good hangers. Love to see them in Freo colors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back