News Confirmed Trades Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Tambling Traded to Adelaide for Bock compo pick and Crows 3rd round pick Richmond Twitter feed

Happy with this deal, 2 more picks inside the top 50 is a good get. Wonder if we'll use the Crows 3rd round pick for Houli or Grigg

Whooooo Hoooooo! thought we'd get only the 1 pick for him! 2 picks is a bonus, now to on-trade that 3rd round pick to carlton for Grigg!

Pick 50 is the 3rd round pick. So if the Cats don't use their priority picks this draft the number could slide up from pick 30ish to 26/27ish. Good result.

Any chance one of the mods or someone with the details can start a thread with our draft picks and alter as they change.

I have it as:

29 Bock GC Pick

Tambling Traded to Adelaide for Bock compo pick and Crows 3rd round pick Richmond Twitter feed

Happy with this deal, 2 more picks inside the top 50 is a good get. Wonder if we'll use the Crows 3rd round pick for Houli or Grigg

Good luck Bling!!!! I hope we keep the compo pick until at least 2012....

we have to use the compo pick this year, we need as many youngsters as we can get, and the draft is pretty deep this year.

geelong arent stupid enough to use their picks this year, when they can have two picks much higher in any of the next 4 drafts

we have to use the compo pick this year, we need as many youngsters as we can get, and the draft is pretty deep this year.

geelong arent stupid enough to use their picks this year, when they can have two picks much higher in any of the next 4 drafts

2012 is the first uncompromised draft since 2008 and Geelong are likely to want to use the compensatory picks in this year as the word amongst the recruiting field is the draft talent in 2012 is better and deeper than this year. 2011 draft is considered weaker than this years crop.

The question for us is can we afford to wait till this draft or do we use it this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can live with that.
I can see us using pick 50 on Houli and our other 3rd rounder on Houli.
We go into the draft with picks 6, 26 and 29 and our other later picks (minus 3rd round).

We go into the draft with picks 6, 26 and 29 and our other later picks (minus 3rd round).
Don't forget we've still got Will on the table. Freos 2nd pick which would be around 38, would be a nice get there. Would give us 4 picks inside 40 plus Grigg and Houli, save the PSD pick for a kid who slides in the draft or maybe even look at Jacobs if he doesn't end up going to the Crows.

u r dreaming 1 around pick 50 ,the other psd . its time to start getting abit going our way .

Well done to D Hardwick, F Jackson, C Cameron and Co. I still wish Bling all the best though. Pick 50 for Grigg sounds nice i think we should stand on this and tell Carlto to take it or lose him.

Great result from the supporters point of view, very happy. I'm guessing the club feels they simply got what they deserve for Bling.

Good luck in Adelaide Richy :thumbsu:

Holy crap be absolutely bent Adelaide over. A player who is a soft, average footballer who is injury riddled, and has just had surgery on compartment syndrome is traded for pick 50 and pick 19 in 3 years. :D

Which one is it Tug Tug ;) haha
:eek: You know what I meant
u r dreaming 1 around pick 50 ,the other psd . its time to start getting abit going our way .
Dreams and reality are two different things. My scenario is reality. You are the one dreaming.
Of course if it comes true then :thumbsu:

Definately need to hold onto the Bock compo pick until 2012. It will then be pick 19 in an undiluted draft which will be a much better kid than in 2010 at Pick 28 with 7 kids already pulled out...
I know some will say that we need to get a kid in now, however, that is a short-sighted view for the RFC and even if the draft in 2012 is not that great, pick 19 could be used to get a very handy player (Decent Ruck)...
Please be patient and let us use 19 in 2012.. We can trade Pick 50 to Blues for Grigg and essentially replace Tambling for Grigg (same output as Bling every year except 09)

Things seem to be panning out very well for us :D We need to offer pick 50 for Grigg, take it or leave. If Carltank leave it then we shall take Grigg in preseason draft :thumbsu:

Good luck to Tambling in Adeladie.
I'm happy with what we got for him, I think we'll use the Bock pick this year.
Looks like CC and co have gotten off to a good start:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

News Confirmed Trades Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back