Seth

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2001
In the Study
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cameron University Aggies
As a Collingwood supporter just want to say well done to the crows. (there are so many threads I didn't know which to choose so started my own.)

Adeliade had a tremendous game plan which shut down our midfielders. I thought that we were fierce at the tackle but Adelaide showed us how to do it. They also shut down our room we seem to achieve in the forward line. We had no movement up forward and our passes weren't finding targets whereas Adelaide always seemed to find someone and ran very well with the ball.

As I've said somewhere else I think that Adelaide are the benchmark this year more so than Port or Brisbane.

One thing though I don't think Carey will have that much of an impact at Adelaide that some commentators make out. It would be a little disappointing as a Crows player listenting to all the reports that the biggest influence last night on thr game was Carey.

The accolades should be directed to Mcleod (what a star) and Bode. I thought Parrie was playing great at FF so why they put Carey there I don't know.

Anyway well done, hopefully we can turn it around in the season proper.

Originally posted by Seth
As a Collingwood supporter just want to say well done to the crows. (there are so many threads I didn't know which to choose so started my own.)

Adeliade had a tremendous game plan which shut down our midfielders. I thought that we were fierce at the tackle but Adelaide showed us how to do it. They also shut down our room we seem to achieve in the forward line. We had no movement up forward and our passes weren't finding targets whereas Adelaide always seemed to find someone and ran very well with the ball.

As I've said somewhere else I think that Adelaide are the benchmark this year more so than Port or Brisbane.

One thing though I don't think Carey will have that much of an impact at Adelaide that some commentators make out. It would be a little disappointing as a Crows player listenting to all the reports that the biggest influence last night on thr game was Carey.

The accolades should be directed to Mcleod (what a star) and Bode. I thought Parrie was playing great at FF so why they put Carey there I don't know.

Thanks for that Seth, even if it is amazingly at odds with your attitude prior to the game.

Carey was not the biggest influence on the game by a long way, but he did on occasions draw two Collingwood defenders, which was significant without Carey actually doing that much per se.

BTW, Perrie kicked his third goal while Carey was on. I think the Crows may have it in mind to play 3 talls forward this year - Perrie, Stevens & Carey.

Also, I liked the Crows younger (and somewhat unheralded) running brigade - Bode, Ladhams, Mattner & especially promising I thought was Reilly.

Nah my attitude before the game was only about the hoo haa about where it was being played.

See you guys had nothing to worry about.

Nah my attitude before the game was only about the hoo haa about where it was being played.

See you guys had nothing to worry about.

Nothing to worry about from a football perspective - was always the case. :D

However, the SA fans still didn't get to see the game in the flesh at AAMI Stadium as they should have, which also happened twice last year.

That was what the hoo haa was about, and that hoo haa remains 100% valid, even more so now it has happened 3 times.

Yeah absolutely.

The crows were fantastic.
Too much run and too hungry.

Perrie has stepped up.
Loved Dennis Cometti's comment. "He is playing like a man who knows that Carey wants to play in his position" or something along those lines. :D

Well played Crows.
Will be hard to stop this year

It would be a little disappointing as a Crows player listenting to all the reports that the biggest influence last night on thr game was Carey.

He wasn't the biggest influence but he did one thing that got the team going when it seemed Pies were making a run. When Collingwood pulled within 13 points in the 4th quarter, Carey kicked that great goal against the run of play. It seemed to have lifted the team and especially our younger players. IMO that was a very important "piece" of influence that he had on the game. IMHO it was very vital at the time.

As far as who had the biggest influence, it is hard to say as it was a real team performance. I thought Reilly was BOG before he got cleaned up. McLeod, Bode, Clarke and Biglands all had big influence and were pretty hard to split. Having said that it was McLeod by bee's ****;)

Well that is one interpretation on Carey's contribution last night.

This is another.

As Collingwood were steaming back into the competition, came (and were making all the play) within 13 points of Adelaide, along came a 31 year old player, who has not played competitively for over 13 month and has had minor and major injuries and received a hostile reception, gathered the ball in amongst a pack of players and cooly sloted through a bouncing 'sherrin' for a goal.

That piece of play, stopped Collingwood's momentum and allowed the other Adelaide players to regain composure and then take control of the match and WIN the wizard wok cup.

Another premiership for Carey!

You write for the Herald Sun don't you Michele.

I thought the five or so different articles about Carey's game they have at their site were funny, they were thought-provoking though, made me notice his hairline is receding :)

Re: Re: Congrats Adelaide.

Originally posted by Michele
Well that is one interpretation on Carey's contribution last night.

This is another.

As Collingwood were steaming back into the competition, came (and were making all the play) within 13 points of Adelaide, along came a 31 year old player, who has not played competitively for over 13 month and has had minor and major injuries and received a hostile reception, gathered the ball in amongst a pack of players and cooly sloted through a bouncing 'sherrin' for a goal.

That piece of play, stopped Collingwood's momentum and allowed the other Adelaide players to regain composure and then take control of the match and WIN the wizard wok cup.

Another premiership for Carey!

It was a bloody good goal I must admit and when it bounced through I knew it was game over.

But Carey isn't going to win the flag for the Crows. Adelaide are enough of a contender without him in the team, along with Brisbane, Port and of course Collingwood.

I did think Adelaide were overrated. But they proved me wrong last night. They are just generally better around the ground and will win the flag if the other three haven't improved on last season.

Re: Re: Re: Congrats Adelaide.

Originally posted by daicos4ever
It was a bloody good goal I must admit and when it bounced through I knew it was game over.

But Carey isn't going to win the flag for the Crows. Adelaide are enough of a contender without him in the team, along with Brisbane, Port and of course Collingwood.

I did think Adelaide were overrated. But they proved me wrong last night. They are just generally better around the ground and will win the flag if the other three haven't improved on last season.

I pretty much agree with that, Adelaide were very impressive. That Carey goal pretty much finished me too LOL.

Well done Adelaide, now lets get into the real thing :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh, well done to the Crows.

It seems us Collingwood supporters feel obliged to acknowledge the opposition when we lose for fear of being labeled sooks or one eyed front runners or something. can't we just get back to kicking the opposition when they are down and ignoring them when they are up?;)

Originally posted by grinspoon
that rielly is a sunbury boy year? played cricket here too i think?:cool:

Reils is a Gisborne boy and he went to The might of Essendon Keilor College Andrew Welsh who also got drafted that year went EKC to not mention the draftees from this year.
But no Reils is a Gisborne boy through and through actually started his junoirs and Romsey.

Well done Crows. Midfield too fast and clean for us.

First time I've ever seen McLeod play well against us. I'd like to think that once Licuria is 100% match fit, he will nullify him.

Despite the fact that we didn't look like winning for most of the game, I don't think there was much between the teams. Not taking anything away from the Crow's performance, but I think we can play better than that. Our disposal was shocking (credit to pressure put on by Crows).

Friendlies over...now it's time for season proper!!

Collingwood far from thrashed Hawthorn especially considering the Hawks had something like 8 or senior regular players not playing so in hindsight the Colliwobbles should have won by alot more.
The pies will be a good outfit this year and shoukd finish in the top 6 possibly top 4 i also expect Hawthorn to be in a similur possy as the Pies come SEP so my tip is the Hawks and Pies will be heading the VIC charge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back