Congratulations Chris McDermott

Remove this Banner Ad

Said some very interesting things about what’s happening with the club currently, someone can probably summarize better than me.

Couple of quick things he said when asked about it:
It’s very a very unhealthy and divided footy club atm
Says it’s not all about one guy (Nicks), needs to be unity between coach, CEO, chairman and captain
Is fearful for the future of Nicks as coach though

Last edited:
Geez he said a lot tonight (without spelling it out) and put a spotlight on how a hall of fame inaugural captain can be disassociated from the Adelaide football club.
Didn’t he get inducted to our hof a few years ago and say they were over the beef

Said some very interesting things about what’s happening with the club currently, someone can probably summarize better than me

He said the club went woke.

Nah, said he thought there were issues there over a decade ago and they are still there. He thought the coach was a good man but said one man could not take the club forward. He then took a nicely veiled swipe at the higher ups of the club including, Olsen, Kelly, Silvers and Roo.

Basically, what the Cartel has been saying for a decade

Very happy to see him inducted though, his sister Jane was my hairdresser growing up and my Mum went to school with him, that’s how I ended up a Bays supporter!

He said the club went woke.

Nah, said he thought there were issues there over a decade ago and they are still there. He thought the coach was a good man but said one man could not take the club forward. He then took a nicely veiled swipe at the higher ups of the club including, Olsen, Kelly, Silvers and Roo.

Basically, what the Cartel has been saying for a decade
Crossed to Roo in the crowd after that too haha

Love the footage of him playing. Only been watching from 2010, who is the best comparison from a modern player to him?

Said some very interesting things about what’s happening with the club currently, someone can probably summarize better than me.

Couple of quick things he said when asked about it:
It’s very a very unhealthy and divided footy club atm
Says it’s not all about one guy (Nicks), needs to be unity between coach, CEO, chairman and captain
Is fearful for the future of Nicks as coach though
I wonder if he's ever considered running for the board.

He'd offer more than some of the spuds on there who are only after the long lunch.

I wonder if he's ever considered running for the board.

He'd offer more than some of the spuds on there who are only after the long lunch.
I do think he would be very good, but not sure the relationship is good enough for that to happen. Until members have any say, it’s no chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before we jump on board the McDermott to rescue Crows, cast your mind to the crappy opinions he used to come up with in his articles and on 5AA.

He was friggin clueless and would be just another past champion with shit for brains at the club. Roo has done enough damage, we need someone who has had nothing to do with the club. I’d pay Bartel what ever it took to get him here.

I’ve also seen McDermott out pissed back in the day and he was arrogant dockwad.

Last edited:
Almost got into a fight with Chris one night back about 1992 at Circuit Sports Bar on East Tce. I was being mouthy to him and in his face too much after they came in after a loss that night. Couple of teammates had to restrain him.

Well I say fight...more than likely I almost got knocked out.

Fun memories...

The guy was such a hardnut. Sorry Chris...poor form from a young lad at the time.

Before we jump on board the McDermott to rescue Crows, cast your mind to the crappy opinions he used to come up with in his articles and on 5AA.

He was friggin clueless and would be just another past champion with shit for brains at the club. Roo has done enough damage, we need someone who has had nothing to do with the club. I’d pay Bartel what ever it took to get him here.

I’ve also seen McDermott out pissed back in the day and he was arrogant dockwad.
Gary McIntosh eats crayons

Congratulations to McDermott. As time as gone on and generational change has occurred I feel he has become criminally underrated as an ex crow. He is every bit a top 15 club player. His career speaks volumes. Modra credits him with his success. Mentoring him at training and setting an expectation to never give up during pre season. This is one area I think the club needs to be better at. It needs to keep talking about past legends. Modra is easy because he just appears on highlight reels. But guys like McDermott who were leaders, pure inside mids who put their body on the line are easy to skip over. Even though McGuiness had a chequered past, these guys lead the way until 1996. Even Andrew Jarman. The club really needs to be better.

McDermott is not the man to save the Crows. He is too emotional and shoots from the hip. Great captain and leader of a football side. However, if a committee of ex players formed with some Crows legends I wouldnt be against McDermott being on such a committee to generate a way forward for the club.

Replace Roo on the board with Bone

I know he’s put out some pretty poor takes in recent years, but it’d at least be good to get some fresh ideas (opposite of Roo’s) into the club after a fckn decade

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations Chris McDermott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back