Analysis Conspiracy theories surrounding Geelong's list management and salary cap

Remove this Banner Ad

There is certainly no doubt we capitalised on a couple of significant F/S' in Hawkins & Ablett.
Hawkins was a man-child and there has yet to be another like him as a potential up and coming kpf draft selection.

We didn't even get full careers from the Abletts, both of them left before their prime years so we got jibbed in that regard.

Not true. We front ended Cameron's contract offer and GWS matched it so we had to trade.

Also, when discussing ruckmen last week Mackie actually said "It's not often good, agile rucks become available as free agents. So if you want to get one you have to pay a lot".

So.... we are targeting free agents.
According to the Herald Sun ‘Rich List’ Mangy Carl is correct.

In regards to what?
We offered Cameron a contract and had to pay up. I'm fairly confident that the same happened with Dangerfield.

We didn't just freely agree to trade.
The Hun listed the top 100 paid players in 2024 recently, he was 11 iirc.

Richmond dominated the top end which was the highlight.

Doggies fans have been making up some quality stuff of late.

Apparently Cotton On is paying gardeners 150/200k a year to maintain a few players farms.
Shame Oliver was bullied to remain at Dees. Apparently he wasn’t maintaining the garden at a rental property, so someone from Dees mowed the lawn. This gardener lark would be perfect for him 😹

Speaking of Oliver, one of my favourite conspiracy theories was the AFL would give Geelong an under the radar free first round pick 😹

Ablett was rated by no one and went very late and it took Hawkins years to be good he almost retired due to injuries

A lot of opposition supporters are rewriting history with our F/S picks all those years ago
Yep. I was at Docklands for his first outing. Underwhelming 8 touches

Essendon supporters calling out ..." If your name wasn't Ablett you would never get on an AFL list".

I looked at his Season stats for 2020. Gaz averaged 3 kicks and 5 handballs over 12 games. That screamed champion father son.
.... not.

Made me think Jye Clark.

Injured year 1.

Year 2 avg : 7 kicks 5 HB

Time is on his side. Anyway I have drifted off topic.

Matt Scarlett was a risky choice as a FS as well. He was on the wild side .. nephews who new him well didn't think he would handle the discipline of AFL footy.

Fortunately he grew up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Conspiracy theories surrounding Geelong's list management and salary cap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back