List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
Change of topic.

There was a bit of a wtf moment from some posters, when Nesbitt said WC won’t be asking for a Priority Pick this year.

After a bit of thought, I believe I can understand why.

A lot of recruiters/media saying it’s Harley Reid then daylight to the next prospect.

Secondly, it’s not like Reid has a good mate who looks like a top prospect to draft with him.

However, next year’s draft…

A couple of the WA posters on the draft board who regularly post about the WAFL colts and PSA kids have been saying next years WA crop doesn’t really have any top end talent (at this stage).

Couple this with quite a few in the Media saying West Coast hasn’t hit rock bottom yet (presuming they mean you’re going to get worse when all your flag heroes retire {not that they have been playing much}).

Vic Metro certainly has some top end talent next year, so to South Adelaide in the SANFL.

So the narrative has already been set with the media that you’ll be worse and needing a high end PP before the introduction of Tassie and compromised drafts.

Say hello to Jagga Smith and Josh Smillie, two thirds of Vic Metro’s starting midfield, as bottom agers.

Finn O’Sullivan goes alright to.
I think you're giving Nisbett far too much credit here.
It's far more likely to be one of:

- He's extremely arrogant and is one of the dunces at the club that think this will all come good once we get some guys back from injury so we don't need a PP.

- He won't swallow his pride and ask the AFL for one

- The rest of the club all wants to ask for one but he's a clown who can't keep his mouth shut when he's asked a question and has now painted us into a corner

I'd be hiring a high-end hooker to give Harley the impression that Perth is full of hot obtainable girls.

"Don't be dressing like a hooker, and don't let him know you're a hooker. Just act like you're a normal girl who goes to uni or something. You know, you live with your parents or something. Oh, and make sure you teabag him".

"Ok Toddy, I'll charge it to your account".
This reads like you've given this some serious thought previously.

I suspect someone has a certain fetish category that they often visit on various hosted websites 😁

So it sounds like the "soreness" they are claiming with McGovern as the reason he was all set to play but is now suddenly going to be out for a month is really anther hamstring injury. Why do they tell so many lies?

We dont deserve a priority pick so there isnt any point in asking for one

If a destitute person asks for some food, do you not give it because he/she doesn't deserve it? If one is in need, no matter the whys, you help.
Those before us didn't deserve PPs either.

We dont deserve a priority pick so there isnt any point in asking for one
F**k that, do the northern academies deserve the advantages they get? Do the Victorian teams deserve to barely travel all year? Do the clubs that can't stand on their own feet deserve AFL handouts year after year?
You ask the AFL for any advantage you can get in this league and if they give it you then you take it and run

If a destitute person asks for some food, do you not give it because he/she doesn't deserve it? If one is in need, no matter the whys, you help.
Those before us didn't deserve PPs either.
Sinking Deep Sea GIF by Barbara Pozzi

Last edited:
Article from The West;

Apparently we don’t have any meetings lined up with Reid, if that’s true… lol

Likely number one draft pick Harley Reid has declared he hasn’t been put off by West Coast’s horrible season and remains comfortable to play with any team that selects him at the end of the season.

Reid arrived in Perth on Thursday afternoon to prepare for Friday night’s under 18 national championships game between Vic Country and Western Australia.

The much hyped teenager has been spoken of as the number one pick all season, but experts are split over whether West Coast should retain the selection if they remain on the bottom of the ladder or trade it for more picks.

Some people have said Reid should do whatever is necessary to dissuade the Eagles from picking him, given the club is facing an extended re-build with plenty of pain.

But Reid said the Eagles’ thumping losses haven’t raised any red flags for him.

“I’m not really too concerned about the ladder prediction. Obviously I see bits and pieces. Injury hasn’t helped them,” Reid said.

“They’ve got a strong team. They’ve got good, experienced players at an older age and young age. I was lucky enough to play with a few of the younger boys in Longy (Noah Long). I’m looking forward to seeing how they progress.

“I haven’t spoken much at all about wherever I’ll go. There’s a still a lot to go. I’m a country boy but I’m happy to look anywhere. Wherever that takes me is where I’ll go.”

Reid has never been to Perth before but will get the opportunity to visit West Coast’s training facility while the team is in WA. He said Vic Country will use Mineral Resources Park as a recovery location, but the youngster doesn’t have any meetings line up with Eagles officials.

Reid kicked the first three goals of Vic Country’s 19-point loss to South Australia, spending the game in attack after an extended time out of footy due to concussion.

Friday night will be the team’s only game of the national championships outside of Victoria. While the focus on Reid’s future is set to intensify throughout the championships, he said the hype wasn’t impacting him. He said playing in Perth wouldn’t be a lot different to other games.

“I’m pretty laid back. I’m a country man so it’s fine,” he said.

“For all of us boys, it’s a great experience to get away from Victoria and get an experience of a different state. I can’t wait.”

Article from The West;

Apparently we don’t have any meetings lined up with Reid, if that’s true… lol

Likely number one draft pick Harley Reid has declared he hasn’t been put off by West Coast’s horrible season and remains comfortable to play with any team that selects him at the end of the season.

Reid arrived in Perth on Thursday afternoon to prepare for Friday night’s under 18 national championships game between Vic Country and Western Australia.

The much hyped teenager has been spoken of as the number one pick all season, but experts are split over whether West Coast should retain the selection if they remain on the bottom of the ladder or trade it for more picks.

Some people have said Reid should do whatever is necessary to dissuade the Eagles from picking him, given the club is facing an extended re-build with plenty of pain.

But Reid said the Eagles’ thumping losses haven’t raised any red flags for him.

“I’m not really too concerned about the ladder prediction. Obviously I see bits and pieces. Injury hasn’t helped them,” Reid said.

“They’ve got a strong team. They’ve got good, experienced players at an older age and young age. I was lucky enough to play with a few of the younger boys in Longy (Noah Long). I’m looking forward to seeing how they progress.

“I haven’t spoken much at all about wherever I’ll go. There’s a still a lot to go. I’m a country boy but I’m happy to look anywhere. Wherever that takes me is where I’ll go.”

Reid has never been to Perth before but will get the opportunity to visit West Coast’s training facility while the team is in WA. He said Vic Country will use Mineral Resources Park as a recovery location, but the youngster doesn’t have any meetings line up with Eagles officials.

Reid kicked the first three goals of Vic Country’s 19-point loss to South Australia, spending the game in attack after an extended time out of footy due to concussion.

Friday night will be the team’s only game of the national championships outside of Victoria. While the focus on Reid’s future is set to intensify throughout the championships, he said the hype wasn’t impacting him. He said playing in Perth wouldn’t be a lot different to other games.

“I’m pretty laid back. I’m a country man so it’s fine,” he said.

“For all of us boys, it’s a great experience to get away from Victoria and get an experience of a different state. I can’t wait.”
Are they allowed to have meetings with clubs already?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, we might be able to put the Dev Robertson talk to bed.

Jon Ralph reporting he has a two year deal from the Lions in front of him, and he's more likely to re-sign than head to WC.
Thank goodness.

How ******* dumb is dev.

Glass should give him a ******* wack.

Loyal as he is he's dumb as a rock. be loyal to wce you fool.

Seriously WA is your home. Where's the WA pride.

I hope he looks at Levi Ashcroft coming in and shoving him out of the way

This is a bit shit mate

He just wants to make it at the club that drafted him, just because he’s from WA doesn’t mean he has to come back here if he doesn’t want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back