List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
I too reckon whoever drafts McKercher will be getting games into him in preparation for an almost certain trade to the Tassie tesm.
yep. Like most people, I reckon he's an absolute gun.

Let's say he's shit - we lose the trade
Let's say he's a gun - we put 3 years and 50 games into him. Tassie have a team of f-alls - rookie players and middling senior players who are on below average cash. They're going to offer Colby and the Colonel bucket loads. And as the AFL have a vested interest in making Tas a success.... we still lose the trade.

Chance of tears is high.

I raise you Andrew McDougall and a few others;)
I think we took him at 5. I don't think he went over to Vic and cried like a little bitch for his mommy. I think he just couldn't play. He was like Brander before Brander was out of his nappies.

I know very little about anything, would rather see Barrass stay, and it will be hard to see 3 ledgends retire, but these 13 changes would make a massive change to our list.
Would have to find another couple 2nd/3rd round picks for trades, maybe 38 or 55 for one of them.(would rather keep 38 for Collard)
Send Sweet to the PSD.

Draft In.
Pick 1, 5, 6
38 or 55, 57, 75

Draft Out.
22, 36 (1347) +F2nd (~850) = 2197pts for Suns 6th (1751pts) & Sharp

Trade In.
Jordon Sweet (PSD)
Jeremy Sharp (Pick swap)
*Mason Redman (FA)
Callum Ah Chee/Paddy Dow
Devon Robertson
Mitch Georgiades
Liam Henry > Dom Sheed

Trade Out.
Tom Barrass,19 > Pick 5, 22
Andrew Gaff

Delist
Greg Clark
Luke Edwards,
Luke Foley
Xavier O’Neill
Connor West
Sam Petrevski-Seton
Jack Petruccelle
Rookies
Zane Trew
Isiah Winder,

+Rookie List
Jake Waterman
Jack Williams

Retired
Shannon Hurn
Luke Shuey
Nic Nat

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know very little about anything, would rather see Barrass stay, and it will be hard to see 3 ledgends retire, but these 13 changes would make a massive change to our list.
Would have to find another couple 2nd/3rd round picks for trades, maybe 38 or 55 for one of them.(would rather keep 38 for Collard)
Send Sweet to the PSD.

Draft In.
Pick 1, 5, 6
38 or 55, 57, 75

Draft Out.
22, 36 (1347) +F2nd (~850) = 2197pts for Suns 6th (1751pts) & Sharp

Trade In.
Jordon Sweet (PSD)
Jeremy Sharp (Pick swap)
*Mason Redman (FA)
Callum Ah Chee/Paddy Dow
Devon Robertson
Mitch Georgiades
Liam Henry > Dom Sheed

Trade Out.
Tom Barrass,19 > Pick 5, 22
Andrew Gaff

Delist
Greg Clark
Luke Edwards,
Luke Foley
Xavier O’Neill
Connor West
Sam Petrevski-Seton
Jack Petruccelle
Rookies
Zane Trew
Isiah Winder,

+Rookie List
Jake Waterman
Jack Williams

Retired
Shannon Hurn
Luke Shuey
Nic Nat

Annoying with the stat's automatically added.

So of the 23 named in the AA team,
5 are Academy prospects with only Sanders (at this stage at least) not able to be matched
no father sons
3 bottom agers
2 from Sandringham Dragons which raises the "mummy's boys" questions

4 WA prospects only 1 of which is at the pointy end of the draft and the rest seen as late first (if lucky) and second rounders

Sorry, we need to back ourselves in to retain whoever we draft

That said, I would be open to trading out pick 1 and Barrass for 2 of Curtain, Watson and McKercher plus O'Sullivan or Murphy while keeping 19 and seeing what Suns will do with 6 if we (a) carry points to the draft through available list spots, (b) offer fair points, (c) promise not to bid on ANY Suns prospects and (d) be prepared to dip into future picks to play backwards and forwards on using and hiding of points like we did for Sydney.
On the bolded.

Levi Ashcroft.

Awkward The Simpsons GIF

As I've said before, Eagles really super like Curtin and do want him. They are inclined to look local again.

I would love Curtin, but not at the expense of Reid.

Do think if we can get Sydney's first he may still be available. Plenty of things to play out.

As I've said before, Eagles really super like Curtin and do want him. They are inclined to look local again.

I look at it this way if the Tin Rattlers 🔵⚪🔵⚪️ do keep tanking at the rate they are and we do finish second last for me Curtin is a very good get.

Good God aren’t the Tin Rattlers an absolute embarrassment.
So many first round picks on their list and still that remain in shit city.
That what happens to the psychic of an organisation when they constantly rely on hand outs and begging for survival.

All semblance of pride and spirit is expunged. They are like the second generation kids from well fare assistance families, comes a point when the work ethic gene becomes dormant.

I look at it this way if the Tin Rattlers 🔵⚪🔵⚪️ do keep tanking at the rate they are and we do finish second last for me Curtin is a very good get.

So many first round picks on their list and still that remain in s**t city.
That what happens to the psychic of an organisation when they constantly rely on hand outs and begging for survival.

All semblance of pride and spirit is expunged. They are like the second generation kids from well fare assistance families, comes a point when the work ethic gene becomes dormant.

I have a soft spot for them and I do get very good info because of them.

They have a very good core but I don't believe they should get further assistance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep. Like most people, I reckon he's an absolute gun.

Let's say he's s**t - we lose the trade
Let's say he's a gun - we put 3 years and 50 games into him. Tassie have a team of f-alls - rookie players and middling senior players who are on below average cash. They're going to offer Colby and the Colonel bucket loads. And as the AFL have a vested interest in making Tas a success.... we still lose the trade.

Chance of tears is high.

I reckon they'll give Tasmania a handful of decent draft picks that can only be used for trading in players. Not sure if they did that for GCS & GWS, and if they did what pick numbers they were.

I REALLY want HR. Dynamic explosive player, match winner and potentially a top 10 league player. We need to go for the best.
If we do go DC, we better get CM or NW too.

I reckon they'll give Tasmania a handful of decent draft picks that can only be used for trading in players. Not sure if they did that for GCS & GWS, and if they did what pick numbers they were.

Not pick trades per se but they got to sign a number of out of contract players and the teams losing players got a compensation pick (or picks in the case of Geelong with Ablett) which they could choose to activate over the next five years.

In the media thread:

From the HS

I haven't hear of Josh Barnes but I'll take it.

AFL Draft 2023: Why Harley Reid will not return to Victoria if taken by West Coast​

Beneath all the chatter about whether Harley Reid wants to stick it out in Perth if West Coast takes him first in November’s draft is one simple fact – the Eagles don’t lose top Victorian draftees.

Future Norm Smith medallist Luke Shuey was plucked from Melbourne’s eastern suburbs with the 18th pick in 2008 and since then, 25 other Victorians have been called over the Nullarbor by West Coast.

Of the 26 who have built their new life in Perth, only one – Koby Stevens – made his way back home through a trade.
Including Shuey, five Victorians have been selected by the Perth powerhouse inside the top 20 in the past 15 years and none have left, with Andrew Gaff notably coming closest before rebuffing North Melbourne’s monster offer in 2018.

The club’s highest profile Victorian draftee, Chris Judd, forced his way out at the end of 2007 after six seasons, a year before Shuey was drafted.
The choice is largely out of Reid’s hands as to which jumper he will wear in his AFL debut and his manger Nick Geischen gave the clearest indication yet on Friday that the goalkicking midfielder was not going to pressure his way to a club in his home state.

“Harley will go wherever the draft takes him,” Geischen told SEN on Friday.
“If he does end up in Perth, yes it is a big move and a lot to take in but that is not any different to the other interstate players that have been drafted (there).”

Geischen said it wasn’t West Coast’s uncompetitive playing list but the distance between Perth and Reid’s home in Tongala – a mere 35 hour drive – that would present any problems for the teen.

But as Eagles coach Adam Simpson said this week, when the Eagles get their claws into someone they like “we don’t lose too many”.
Cross-town rivals Fremantle have lost just two blue-chip Victorian talents taken inside the top 20 since the Shuey pick.
Drafted fifth overall, Adam Cerra won a move back home and is now in career-best form with Carlton, while Hayden Crozier (pick 20) also returned east to the Western Bulldogs.

Picked later in the draft order, Lloyd Meek (traded to Hawthorn), Viv Michie and Ed Langdon (both Melbourne) and Darcy Tucker (North Melbourne) have each been traded back to Victoria in the last 15 years.

Both Perth-based clubs have historically leaned towards taking homegrown talent and Fremantle chose Jye Amiss and Neil Erasmus in the 2021 first-round, with Victorians Josh Gibcus and Ben Hobbs taken soon after.

A few picks later in that same draft however, West Coast plucked Sandringham Dragons youngster Campbell Chesser at 14, when Claremont duo Angus Sheldrick and Jacob van Rooyen were still on the board.

Just like their Victorian counterparts, the Perth clubs will back themselves to win over interstaters if they have enough ability – Caleb Serong, Andrew Brayshaw and Hayden Young have all been handed purple jumpers on draft night as top-10 choices in recent years and the trio haven’t shown any signs of wanting a return back east.

Premiership West Coast defender Will Schofield posted an impassioned plea for Reid to take on the move to Perth on social media this week
The Geelong-raised retired Eagle said he had warmed to West Australia and declared it was the best state in the nation after living there since he was drafted in 2006.

Part of Simpson’s reasoning for West Coast’s suction-cup ability to keep talent in the doors was the club’s strong run of success and no doubt playing in 13 finals, including two grand finals, made acclimatising to the Perth sun easier for Schofield.

Success might be further away than at any point in the 36-year history of the Eagles but unless something drastic happens before November, Reid may be the first step in the club’s next great run.

I look at it this way if the Tin Rattlers ️ do keep tanking at the rate they are and we do finish second last for me Curtin is a very good get.

So many first round picks on their list and still that remain in s**t city.

If Nth are really keen on Curtain then maybe that makes our decision easier. Much more likely to be available for trade in 2 years.

Hawks/Melb/Syd don’t know if we would be able to entice him back

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why is everyone so keen to trade Barrass? No way known that he is interested in going to Sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back