List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
BROCKMAN LIKELY TO REQUEST TRADE
HAWTHORN is bracing for Tyler Brockman to request a trade in the next fortnight despite their strong work helping him and his young family acclimatise to Melbourne life.
Brockman has played 15 games this year as an exciting small forward but was dropped last week.
His likely landing spot is West Coast given Fremantle has plenty of medium and small forwards including Sam Switkowski , Michael Frederick, Lachie Schulz and Sam Sturt .
A recent dinner with Eagles forward Liam Henry in Melbourne made him realise how much he was missing playing in a city close to his family.
If the Eagles could secure him at a modest cost their forward line would include Jamie Cripps , Liam Ryan (back after hamstring surgery), young small Noah Long, Oscar Allen and Jack Darling

gold

If we pick Duursma at 3, I genuinely believe that’ll set us back 1-2 years. I know that sounds dramatic but he has major red flags, I don’t know why anyone would want to spend that high of a pick on a tweener sized forward all because he has “midfield potential” when he has shown absolutely zero midfield potential.
You wouldn't draft Mark Lecras because he isn't small enough to be a small forward? Duursma is elite in his position as a Medium forward, potential to move into the midfeild is a bonus. He is basicly a forward half midfielder already who can kick bags of goals. Also elite in his speed and skills. He is very good in a position of need. How many times this year did we get burnt by poor delivery to our forwards after some really good transition fron the backline? We seriously lack talent in this area of the ground. I don't see how drafting Duursma can put our rebuild back.

Damn straight

masto-jpg.748079
Lets Go GIF by Regal

Yeah so so disappointing if it does happen! McKercher is the obvious choice there after. But I'm not sure we'd take him, reckon we'd take Duursma which makes me very nervous.

McKercher can play inside but he isnt big and will start on a wing / half forward. Duursma the same just taller.

Next seaon inside mids on the list Ginbey, Culley, Petrucelle, Hewett, Kelly, Sheed and hoprefully Robertson. 7 excluding Yeo and Duggan who can roll through if an older head if needed.

Plus who we draft in 2023. One or two will be mids.

2024 has some classy inside mids in the top 5.

McKay to Swans?

Hopefully for under 700k.

People live in some bizarre world where 4 teams getting in on the action for McKay means bidding war.

Ordinary house on market which needs a lot of work for secret amount which you can find out by calling agent. Seller has decided after not really enjoying themselves at the house, didn’t really want to live there but inherited it and had nowhere else to live. 4 people have called agent, and you find out all are now very keen. Do you think that house is going for more than what you’d expect or is it going for less to right buyer for the right conditions?

People live in some bizarre world where 4 teams getting in on the action for McKay means bidding war.

Ordinary house on market which needs a lot of work for secret amount which you can find out by calling agent. Seller has decided after not really enjoying themselves at the house, didn’t really want to live there but inherited it and had nowhere else to live. 4 people have called agent, and you find out all are now very keen. Do you think that house is going for more than what you’d expect or is it going for less to right buyer for the right conditions?

4 buyers interested in house.

But house only interested in one buyer.

Seller forced to sell unwanted house for the price the house and buyer agreed on or keep house to spite the local council who refused to give the seller keys to a better house.

I was extremely against splitting the pick because I thought it was going to be Ginbey and Allan, once we got Hewett I liked the deal more.

But yeah, I wasn’t a huge fan of Ginbey, I still don’t think his ceiling is as high as most of you think, but he has had a really solid debut season.
Solid? It’s a far better debut season than that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two things I would hate to see this off season, North getting pick 2 for McKay, and Reid getting to Melbourne.

Imagine if we'd traded our first for Jackson instead of Freo. Our upset win over the bulldogs would have been one of the all-time classic trolls if it had cost Melbourne Pick 1 and access to Harley.

If Curtin goes to North, via way of pick 2, how long do you think he will last at that shithole before requesting a trade back to the eagles.

It 100% is dependent on where the player wants to go.

It 100% is dependent on where the player wants to go.

That’s right but there isn’t any reason to believe everyone who is interested is coming in because the house is great and they want to outbid everyone. They are coming in because they now know it’s going to be cheaper than expected.

If Curtin goes to North, via way of pick 2, how long do you think he will last at that shithole before requesting a trade back to the eagles.

May actually be the best result. Take McKercher at 3 and get Curtin back for peanuts when his initial contract expires

Hopefully he's not too Northed

We'll trade him for a mint then.

He does seem pretty level headed though. I think he'd be loyal.

I think so too, but even if they come for him, I imagine they’ll pay significant overs to get him there if he’s as good as he projects to be. Obviously you wouldn’t want to lose him, just don’t think it’d be a disaster if it happened later down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back