List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:

So now we death ride Port in the finals hoping they go out in straight sets so our picks are better?

Consider it done.

Don't think Dev or Brockman is worth our current 35 or 38. Even if they do slide with FA. They can have 54 or 57

Best case is they go out in glorious straight sets which would see them finish 5th overall (unless Collingwood also go 0-2 in finals, hoo boy). That would give us picks 33 and 52

The unthinkable would give us 37 and 56

So we have 1,19,33-37,38,52-56,57

Not interested in using anything sub 40 on trading for a player like you said - there’s some good prospects still at those mid to late 30’s picks

Keep 1...take Reid

Trade ftr 1st 2nd 3rd to north for picks 2 3

Trade 35 38 to GC for 26 (surplus points for them)

Trade
54 for Dev
58 for Brockman
Walk sharp to the PSD

Draft night
1 Reid
2 Curtin
3 mckercher
19 demattia/tholstrop
26 Reid/sanchez

That would kick start a rebuild.somewhat!

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Keep 1...take Reid

Trade ftr 1st 2nd 3rd to north for picks 2 3

Trade 35 38 to GC for 26 (surplus points for them)

Trade
54 for Dev
58 for Brockman
Walk sharp to the PSD

Draft night
1 Reid
2 Curtin
3 mckercher
19 demattia/tholstrop
26 Reid/sanchez

That would kick start a rebuild.somewhat!

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can’t trade a F1 and F2 unless the AFL change the trading rules which is a possibility after last year

In any case North aren’t doing that trade - maybe for one of those picks but not both

Don’t mind the Gold Coast trade proposal

From what I'm hearing Sydney are the front runners for Mackay and they won't want to over pay salary wise and would be willing to trade (if norf match the FA bid) with their 1st rounder on the table .

Sydney's 1st would be very much at Mackay's real value
Irony some Sydney campaigners reckon Barass wasn't with worth their R1 pick but McKay is?

Last edited:
Hello and pardon the interruption.

First congratulations on the great send off given your retiring three champions. You folks produced a great crowd in their honour.

I am writing not about your 1st Rounder but your position in the PSD.

Ben McKay is a more than useful one on one KPD and is mid 20s. He has been treated poorly by his Club who are more interested in a compo pick.

I reckon your mob are well placed to walk Ben to West Coast via the PSD with a decent offer. A further benefit would be stuffing Norf’s cyclical bid for a magic beanz compo pick.

All the best and stuff #V#VICBIAS
You know what,

I love it. Deny the tin rattlers pick 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contracted until the end of 2023 (12) :

• Jake Waterman (6/5/98) - Signed a 3 year extension (2021,2022,2023) in October 2020
  • Sam Petrevski-Seton (19/2/98) - Signed a 2 year contract (2022,2023) in October 2021
  • Luke Foley (8/10/99) - Signed a 2 year extension (2022,2023) in October 2021
  • Xavier O’Neill (3/8/00) - Signed a 2 year extension (2022,2023) in October 2021
  • Greg Clark (24/5/97) - Automatic 2 year contract when drafted in December 2021
  • (R) Jai Culley (24/2/03) - Nominated 18 month contract when drafted via Mid season draft 2022
  • Alex Witherden (10/9/98) - Signed a 2 year contract (2021,2022,) in November 2020 that was extended to 2023 at some stage
  • (R) Connor West (7/5/99) - Signed a 1 year extension (2023) as a rookie in November 2022
  • (R) Isiah Winder (16/5/02) - redrafted via the rookie draft in November 2022 on a 1 year deal
  • (R) Zane Trew (26/4/02) - redrafted via the rookie draft in November 2022 on a 1 year deal
  • (R-B) Tyrell Dewar (27/3/04) - added as a Cat B rookie in November 2022 on a 1 year deal
  • (R-B) Jordyn Baker (10/5/04) - added as a Cat B rookie in November 2022 on a 1 year deal

Realistically we will re-sign SPS, Culley, Witherden, and Waterman (pending health). Maybe move O'Neill to the rookie list. Don't see the rest getting an extension. (Doesn't include Dewar and Baker as I haven't seen enough to make an informed opinion).

Leaves us with 5? open senior spots and 3 open rookie spots.

Although Mackay isn't in the top 10 KPD's, his leaving would set North back a bit. Wonder if they will look to trade in other experienced KPD's.

Realistically we will re-sign SPS, Culley, Witherden, and Waterman (pending health). Maybe move O'Neill to the rookie list. Don't see the rest getting an extension. (Doesn't include Dewar and Baker as I haven't seen enough to make an informed opinion).

Leaves us with 5? open senior spots and 3 open rookie spots.
Hope we move XON on.

Has been offering little for years and won’t be getting any better.

Bit of draft discussion on our board in regards to North, and I contributed the following.

I wouldn’t be surprised if North use pick 14 as part of a trade package for Gold Coast’s pick 4.

In The Round So Far episode today, they played a clip from Clarko’s press conference, where Clarko discussed the win and the draft ramifications, and mentions they’ll still get good kids at picks 2, 3 and 5.

The only way North get picks 3 & 5, is the AFL give pick 3 as compo for McKay, and if they trade for the now pick 5 from Gold Coast.

GC might favour that trade if it means North doesn’t bid on Walter at picks 2 & 3 as well.

Interesting to see how the delistings unfold. Those who've already had their papers stamped might get a "thank you for your service" post in the next couple of weeks, the rest left hanging until trade week. Probably a small issue of the coach to give clarity on first.
With 3 retirements, do we expect another 4-7? No doubt the retirements give a lifeline to someone's career. As Homer once said - I wasn't able to cut everyone I wanted to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back