List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
I'm not sure he meant Long.
He said potential player.

Being selected at 58, I think Long was just happy to have been picked up.
I think he meant like could potentially have done that and is a WCE player.

And ya mate just being silly with Long. I was thinking Hewett ('attitude', Eagles nuffie) or Allen (late bloomer, Eagles nuffie).

Hey, don't underestimate Freo trading away Andrew McLeod for Chris Groom
Huge error in hindsight.

I actually met Chris Groom at Footy Park at a Crows game, I was standing next to him at the bar waiting to get served. We were both fairly inebriated and I did the old "Ohhhh Andy McLeod!!" or something and he was really nice, chatted about footy and trades and stuff for ages. Not what I expected. Guess ya gotta move on.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brad Johnson on SEN's website on trading pick 1:

You can tell how much he understands our list by his choice of our young talent. Williams, Edwards, Long, Hewett. I’m sure those are exactly the four names that spring to mind for all of us…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You can tell how much he understands our list by his choice of our young talent. Williams, Edwards, Long, Hewett. I’m sure those are exactly the four names that spring to mind for all of us…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah. Looks like he's trying to list mids to add to when Reid & McKercher are the only 2(Sanders if available) mids in the top 10.

I'm all for passing on Brockman. The one game I could actually bring myself to watch of Hawthorn this year he was completely anonymous. Yes he may blow up and become good, but have to think much greater chance that he never becomes a valuable player.

The Shai Bolton talk is wishful thinking. At the same age Shai was a fair way ahead.

View attachment 1790772

Brockman has a lot of traits that the club would value, pressure, skills and good goal sense.

Brockman trades is low risk given the trade capital required to get it done.

Compare them at the same point in their careers, Bolton would still be ahead but only marginally
Brockman has a lot of traits that the club would value, pressure, skills and good goal sense.

Brockman trades is low risk given the trade capital required to get it done.
Prior to the years compared, Brockman had played 11 games, Bolton had played 9. The years compared were the year they first became regulars. 15 games from Brockman, 19 for Bolton.

So think it's fairly representative that it's at the same point in their careers.

Only an AFL.com article so not worth reading into as much more than a talking point but mentions that Mabior Chol is looking tradeable.

I actually wouldn't mind that - obviously the priority should be the draft so it'd depend what he'd cost but he's versatile and only 26, would protect Oscar/the younger Williams and be able to chop out in the ruck for Bailey (I still don't subscribe to Bailey being predominantly a forward, think he's best majority rucking).

GC always need later picks to get their points up and depending on his salary may want to dump him in that sense - he might not cost much at all. I'd honestly pay a fair bit to protect both Oscar and BBBBW from wrecking themselves before they're 28 and Chol is a young enough option for that to be around for as long as we need him for.

Only an AFL.com article so not worth reading into as much more than a talking point but mentions that Mabior Chol is looking tradeable.

I actually wouldn't mind that - obviously the priority should be the draft so it'd depend what he'd cost but he's versatile and only 26, would protect Oscar/the younger Williams and be able to chop out in the ruck for Bailey (I still don't subscribe to Bailey being predominantly a forward, think he's best majority rucking).

GC always need later picks to get their points up and depending on his salary may want to dump him in that sense - he might not cost much at all. I'd honestly pay a fair bit to protect both Oscar and BBBBW from wrecking themselves before they're 28 and Chol is a young enough option for that to be around for as long as we need him for.

Fell out of favour this year a bit I think, but last year kicked 44 goals for the Suns.

Could be worth a look if the cost is low in terms of draft capital

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he has a couple of years on his contract still, so unless it was a salary dump we'd need to trade something. I like Chol though, a bit inconsistent but if you could improve that, he's quite talented. Can't see it happening though.

And ya I agree on BW. I don't see a forward at all, and his ruck craft is getting better. Just needs to continue his improvement around the ground and repeat efforts at stoppage.

He's also not undersized. I don't understand where that comes from. Plenty of ruckman are his height and he has a leap. Also, we don't need a monster ruckman if the rest of our midfield is elite and there's enough size - which is what we're building.

To be brutally honest, i'm not sure if we even need Brockman. Cripps/Long/Jones and even Burgiel are ahead in that small forward role.

I would see what we can get in the draft over the next season or two as another Brockman level player can be found easily. He's had 3 years and hasn't shown much improvement at all so why not draft the same level player with some upside.
Jones and Burgiel are small backs not forwards. We need there run and skills off half back. Bl

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've actually wondered if we hid Hough.

Funny place to hide him, at the reserve club of the cross-town rivals.

Must be crazy like a fox. ;)

I'm sure the previous references to "hiding" a certain player, are likely to pertain to Hewett last year.

Commitment and attitude issues have been the rumours around chol.

He went home to Queensland on good money and has slacked off .

Do not want

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back